wheres the lambda sensor?

cuprasportturbo

where can i find the lambda sensor on a 1.8 turbo and is it possible to change it without putting the car on a ramp?

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
pre cat or post cat ? , one is before the catalytic converter and one just after in you can do by jacking up the car and put it on axle stands ,

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
thats your o2 sensor , it's before the cat , your car is no doubt running lean then , fuel comsumption is gonna be higher than normal i would suspect but it should be too hard to change , jack up the car it should near the front end of the downpipe

cuprasportturbo

I cart plug my maf in and when turbo starts boosting the car judders

cuprasportturbo

because when its pluged in the car cuts out and just will not rev or run

ive put a new maf sensor in new spark plugs new pre cat lambda sensor now fitted its been smoke tested for air leaks all fine coil packs are fine

yet still juddering and still runnin very lean put it on diagnostics again now its telling me no responce from lambda sensor you recon it might be ecu?

cuprasportturbo

Not realy it judders wen turbo thinks petrols free lost loads of power n sounds like exhaust is blowing

cuprasportturbo

Yeh fixed finaly took it to seat at £60 an hour lol he said that he reset all maf settings so it works with maf plugged in ecu was not reading it and replaced a coil as was on its way out and he said he just trying this n that with diognostics machine think it may have been caused by a secret box thats ment to give a 40bhp gain and was wired into the inlet manifold at the top left were the conecter is nt to sure how it would do it but messed with air fuel ratio

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.