Where's your Cold Air Feed?

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i've got a BMC CDA, no problems with that at all, but i've had to take out my driver side fog light and then put the cold air feed down through there. Is there anywhere else i can put the cold air feed to get a good supply of air, but yet still keep my fogs in.

I've taken the other one out just to make the car look even, but now it looks like they've been nicked lol

Any help on where to put the air feed would be marvellous lol

Cheers
Chris

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
cut a hole out the front splitter (on the left hand side) and put a scoop in that. i put mine here, as i wouldn't want to take out a fog light and leave it looking all un-even. the right side already has a few gaps in it, which is a annoying as it would be nice if it was on the left where the induction kits are!

Robsparky

Apr 17, 2007
hehe, i kinda went to town with a 50mm cutter and when through under the drivers headlight heheh totally straight through cold air feed!

will get a picture up

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Chris you won't be able to do the front splitter hole idea because you have a purple Ibiza and it comes with the odd shaped splitter. So firstly get your self the deep GTI splitter, and then cut the hole in it and get the air feed going.

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
if you get a 57i, it comes with a cold air feed and scoop. so its nice and simple. ill try and put a pick up of mine for you soon.

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
heres some pics of my scoop and feed, sorry about the car being so dirty, its gonna be washed later on today! :D my car is actually black! although it looks more white due to the fly splats and stone chipps!

Sta70758.jpg

Sta70756.jpg

Sta70757.jpg

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
yeah i just used a stanley knife on the splitter as its quite thin plastic, so using the stanley knife was the easiest way of doing it. i think k&n induction kits are some of the best out there, and i've had a pipercross on my old 8 valve and the k&N is far better for performance, it sounds different but makes a nice sucking noise ;) and whistles nicely :whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise