Which alloys???????

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Want to replace my factory alloys for something a bit sexier. Been in several minds for a few weeks and just can't be decisive. What do people think of BBS CK in anthracite 19". I've looked at wheels from different makers but think these might be the ones?? I've lowered my car 40mm so hoping they will sit flush with no rubbing.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
ZBoyd has the 19s, there will be some pics about.
I've got 18s, West Yorkshire roads scared me too much for 19s at the time! I had mine powdercoated an even darker anthracite, 3 years on they still look awesome. Mine is lowered a similar amount and if you're making progress on undulating roads they can sometimes rub, but it's very rare.

Not cheap, and you can now get cheap copies off eBay, but they don't look to be a patch on the real thing.

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Mine in black just fitted last week 18" BBS CHRs reps but good quality for the money and 2kg per wheel lighter than the original 18" Andromedas

IMAG0216.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0214.jpg
[/IMG]

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
ZBoyd has the 19s, there will be some pics about.
I've got 18s, West Yorkshire roads scared me too much for 19s at the time! I had mine powdercoated an even darker anthracite, 3 years on they still look awesome. Mine is lowered a similar amount and if you're making progress on undulating roads they can sometimes rub, but it's very rare.

Not cheap, and you can now get cheap copies off eBay, but they don't look to be a patch on the real thing.

any pictures dude?

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Another alloy found today as a "cheaper" option is the finichi bayern alloy in black. I'd like to show a pic but not able to yet as haven't posted enough. Anyone have experience of these??

C17 OFF

Jul 22, 2012
Glasgow
Mine in black just fitted last week 18" BBS CHRs reps but good quality for the money and 2kg per wheel lighter than the original 18" Andromedas

IMAG0216.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0214.jpg
[/IMG]

They look cracking on your car mate! Where abouts did you get those if you dont mind me asking ?

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Agree they do look similar and truth be told I'd buy the 3sdm in black if anyone had any in stock. Been told there's non available for months. Thought the finichi could be a good alternative

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Thanks mate im really pleased with how they look, wheels from Revolution Motorstore they are 18" 8J ET42 and cheapest i could find by quite a bit as there is not that many knocking around at the moment they just arrived in stock last wednesday.

adam1811

Stockport - Black 2.0 TDI
Mar 18, 2011
Stockport
Want to replace my factory alloys for something a bit sexier. Been in several minds for a few weeks and just can't be decisive. What do people think of BBS CK in anthracite 19". I've looked at wheels from different makers but think these might be the ones?? I've lowered my car 40mm so hoping they will sit flush with no rubbing.

Not sure i this is ettiquit or not, but what you doing with your old rims when you get the new ones??

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Agree with the 3SDMs they are nice, there what i had on order in black till they had a delivery which didnt include the size i ordered then they told me 8 to 10 weeks for next container to arrive so cancelled and got the BBS reps For anyone looking BM Auto Sport also stock the BBS reps and also do a matt gunmetal colour as well as silver and black.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Haven't thought about what il do with old rims to be honest? They are the 18" options and have to say I do like them but just fancy a different look.

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Agreed with above comments 18" Andromedas are a very nice looking wheel i will be keeping mine and getting a set of winter tyres on them.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Anyone seen TSW Nurburgring on a Leon? After looking for 3sdm and finichi and finding that both are out of stock for sometime I've now found these TSWs. So far I can only find 1 supplier and they import from America which is slightly off putting just incase there's a fitting problem

Bruce GT3

May 8, 2010
,Location, Location
Anyone seen TSW Nurburgring on a Leon? After looking for 3sdm and finichi and finding that both are out of stock for sometime I've now found these TSWs. So far I can only find 1 supplier and they import from America which is slightly off putting just incase there's a fitting problem

TSW Nurburgrings are a good wheel - forged so they're gonna be nice and strong!!! Don't think they're made in the UK for that reason. What sort of prices have you been quoted for them?

3SDM should have suppliers with stock floating around - you just have to know where to look!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise