which cylinder is 1

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
Hi guys,

My first problem question so hoping someone can help.

Fitted 4 New coil packs on my cupra r and I'm getting fault code on cylinder 1 misfire but do the cylinders run 1234 from left to right looking from the front or is it in order of the firing order of the cylinders?

I'm going put one of the old good ones back in just to see me through Christmas

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
Thanks for that, I stupidly forgot to mark the 2 good ones when I took them out, so I'll need to fit one at a time and give a test run to see what ones are good, was a bit overly excited about getting the car fixed and running again and again on the motorway which blew one, at least I got 20-30 mins of it running fine lol.

Bought them off eBay for £60, they came in genuine vag boxes with the stickers on the ends with things like "made in Germany" and some writing in German and codes and numbers and stuff like that, they looked the part.

Seen a picture on Facebook the other day of a Leon with R8 coilpacks and spacers on, it was the ones with the red tops so might look into that after crimbo, I just want reliable ones.

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Thanks for that, I stupidly forgot to mark the 2 good ones when I took them out, so I'll need to fit one at a time and give a test run to see what ones are good, was a bit overly excited about getting the car fixed and running again and again on the motorway which blew one, at least I got 20-30 mins of it running fine lol.

Bought them off eBay for £60, they came in genuine vag boxes with the stickers on the ends with things like "made in Germany" and some writing in German and codes and numbers and stuff like that, they looked the part.

Seen a picture on Facebook the other day of a Leon with R8 coilpacks and spacers on, it was the ones with the red tops so might look into that after crimbo, I just want reliable ones.

These might interest you bro....

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/seat/leon1m/red-ignition-coil-pack-set-1-8t-150-180-210-225
http://www.awesomegti.com/car/seat/leon1m/red-ignition-coil-pack-set-2-0tfsi

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
The top link no you wont need an adapter, the bottom you will.....not sure what the benefit of upgrading the coil packs would be though unless you've got a custom map, and you can always regap your sparkplugs

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
Well I'm hoping the benefit is going to be reliablity, so that I'm not constantly driving about scared to put the foot down or have a bit of fun just incase I blow a coilpack , If you put a coilpack in that's designed to handle bigger power then in my car it won't even be getting tickled never mind on the limit of blowing, just my thoughts

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members