Which Filters?

flooky

Ive had a quick look and i notice most people are using the green panel filter, arnt these oil based filters which the 20v t engines dont like?

What filters can I use, ive ordered a green panel through my work but dont want to fit it if it causes problems..

Sorry new to the whole vag thing!

Fastbaz

Fastbaz
Nov 26, 2006
west midlands
i have a 150 tdi and have recently put a green panel filter in as far as i can see the response when you push the pedal to the floor is better than with the standard filter.... the pick up at lower revs is better even though its a diesel... :funk: :funk: havent noticed any probs as yet with the maf which is what you are referring to ...

flooky

Yeah, My mate has a green filter but have only just found out they is oiled and my other mate told me not to fit an oiled filter!!

Last thing i want is to buy a new maf!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
green filter is fine and wont cause you any oiling issues.
sold 100's of these

not saying a MAF wont expire on your car, cos it might as its a temperamental sensor at the best of times filing on std cars often

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
been using a green for yonks,on different cars,i find oiling just the underside best,the oil would have to be dragged through the filter to get anywhere near the MAF.not sure if bill/green would recommend that, but it works for me,and the can of oil in my shed is near 4 years old and i have never had a problem with MAF's etc

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
GOT A PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, VERY HAPPY WITH IT, BETTER RESPONSE WITH MY RIGHT FOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

using less fuel, going faster !!!!!!!!!!

NOT BAD FOR £ 32.00.

regards

ANDY

flooky

thanks all for your reinsurance!

badger, i met you when i came with my nextdoor neighbour from gloucester to get some spacers for his ibiza.. must of been a while ago now...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.