Which Head Unit?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Hi all,

I'm after replacing my stock FL stereo with something touch-screen. It MUST have DAB, Bluetooth, full iPod control, and work through the steering controls.

I'm looking at RCD 510 DAB's, but don't want to spend more than £150.

Can anyone recommend any other units for that price?

Pictures very much welcome...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
The RNS315 with dab is really your best bet. No need for seperate bluetooth module installation which you would need with the RNS 510, unless your car already has bluetooth?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
The RNS315 with dab is really your best bet. No need for seperate bluetooth module installation which you would need with the RNS 510, unless your car already has bluetooth?

I don't already have the module. Does the RNS 315 not need the module then, just work from the HU?

Thanks

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
I don't already have the module. Does the RNS 315 not need the module then, just work from the HU?

Thanks

No the RNS315 has bluetooth built in. And with a simple VCDS recode will work perfectly with the car. its the upgrade im planning to make after much research as mine doesnt have bluetooth as standard either.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks Hamburgalarr. Is it a certain 315, or all of them? You got a specific model number that does BT / DAB?

I was previously not open to aftermarket, but I am now. I don't mind having something aftermarket as long as it does the job and is touch-screen.

I'd spotted this the other day... it doesn't have DAB, and doesn't have a CD drive, but aside from that I like the look of it.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
From what I've read they don't work with the steering controls and don't connect through the built-in USB and AUX ports as they're not genuine stereos. They don't come with DAB either.

I was sorely tempted to buy one a bit ago, but if it's not going to have the right functionality I'd rather leave it.

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
All rns315 come with bluetooth but only later revisions come with DAB, search ebay rns315 dab to be sure.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I eventually got an RCD510 (non-DAB) and I've fitted it no problem.

I'm stuck for a fascia though...

My local dealer told me that they need me to give a registration of a Mk2 FL that had the stereo in when it left the factory. Even if I find photos of one online, what's to say it hasn't been retrofitted like so many of us have done?

I was told if they ordered a part in, I own it, even before I've seen it, and even if it doesn't fit.

I do know my car's dash is DARK GREY, which solves the colour question, but I've no idea of part numbers.

Can anyone help me with the part number for the fascia (Facelift)?

Thanks a lot!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Dave at SERE has come to the rescue again! Where other dealers ALWAYS fall short on their customer service, Dave doesn't!

My 2010 FL has a DARK GREY dash (colour code FJ2).

The fascia part I was after was 1P2 858 071A FJ2.
The retaining clips are 3B0 867 190 (and you need 10 of them).

Soon to have it all fitted, and very happy!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise