Which Ibiza to get?

RRDJT

Jan 4, 2019
I don't know if this is a FAQ and i'm sorry if it is, i have very briefly went through the forums and couldn't see anything.

At the moment i drive a Corsa D VXR, looking to change as i do a lot of motorway driving and it's time i put my sensible head on and get something more economical, still want a bit of poke and looks, that's why im looking at the Ibiza.

After doing hours of reading on the cars i'm still undecided on what to go for so i figure next best thing to do would be to ask the people who own them.

What i am certain about is having a 1.4 TSI. Am i best off going for a 2016+ model with 150bhp or 2012+ with 140bhp. Which one is more reliable, is there any noticeable difference with them. Is it worth me spending more for the 150 TSI or save a bit of money and go for the 140 TSI. Or are they essentially just the same car.

Appreciate all answers and again sorry if this has already been asked.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
There are 3 engines (all in the FR models.)

1.4 TSI 150PS from Apr12

1.4 ACT 140PS from Feb14
1.4 ECOTSI 150PS from Sep15

The modern 2 EA211 engines haven't attracted much negative feedback on here at all.
The older one I'm not so sure - it's the CAVF (and the 180PS model CAVE is fairly notorioius)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.