Which induction kit should I buy for my cupra 290?

Brandon Ridley

Aug 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I’ve got a 2016 Leon Cupra 290 Manual. I’m wanting an induction kit that makes good intake noise and that won’t restrict airflow when I take it to stage 1; around 370bhp ish.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with good intakes hit me up!

Cheers
Brandon

Deleted member 103408

R600 Is the best air flow induction kit, Revo Carbon is close second but neither of those will give you much noise.

I used to have Revo Open Cone

20170819-154745.jpg

Which looks good and gives good feedback, other makes are available.

Stage 1 will work fine (370 bhp) on a stock airbox, but if you are trying to get more then you will also need to consider the elbow and a turbo muffler delete to keep the best air flow through the turbo.

Reactions: arossi101

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Looking at Induction myself but the R600 is really expensive for wanting a bit more air, maybe just get a cone for a bit more noise as I wont be getting more than a stage one, thanks for the pic oldboy.

Just had a look on Revo site and they don't have the Open Cone for the Tsi 290

Deleted member 103408

No these days all they want to sell is the Carbon Series,

Ramair do a kit along with many other open cone people (Forge I know do one) just have a look on Ebay.
I have always bought these items second hand, if you are not in a hurry there are bargains to be had.
Certainly on my car the Golf MK7 Setup is exactly the same so check out for golf kits as well (as there are more adverts for them)

If you want new then talk to the forum sponsors to see if they can do anything for you.

I would also expect the old 280 kit that I had fits the 290

Last edited by a moderator:

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Thanks for that oldboy, ill take my time and look for a bargain first as ill be sticking to a stage 1 I might just go panel and intake pipe as I have done the muffler delete already

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.