Which intake for Cupra?

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Now I don't know, both Forge and ITG have got their act together and have the intakes ready! Gut feeling is to buy the ITG but the Forge looks a bit more race. Or does it, ITG is so brutally functional that maybe to the right eye it's actually nicer! And it's been developed with Revo which says a lot. Hmmmmm P S : How's your's Rob?

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Now I don't know, both Forge and ITG have got their act together and have the intakes ready! Gut feeling is to buy the ITG but the Forge looks a bit more race. Or does it, ITG is so brutally functional that maybe to the right eye it's actually nicer! And it's been developed with Revo which says a lot. Hmmmmm P S : How's your's Rob?

ITG is probably easier to fit also. There seems to be a lot bits in the new Forge Twin Intake kit.

P.s. Just out of interest how have you managed Stage 2 Revo without a 3" downpipe & sportscat?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The APR one is for the TSI engine, will fir on the Scirroco and new Golfs, should fit the new facelift Leon FR too.

However the TFSI has a different MAF takeoff point. APR are apparently supposed to be developing this kit for the TFSI too, no word as to when its coming.

I would like it on my car as the lack of intake is really holding it back, the APR software is designed for the stock air box/carbonio even the full stage2 kit like i run on mine, which includes APR fuel pump, APR exhaust, APR intercooler.

Though the DBilas intake I have gave it a good increase it didn't appear to be running right with a random misfire developing at high rpms. So I've switched back to the stock airbox/carbonio for the time being. It runs much smoother now but has lost almost 20hp to boot.

So I'm hoping APR will develop the TFSI intake and develop their software to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Dave at the TT Shop forwarded this to me from Forge Motorsport yesterday.

Hi Dave

The Edition 30 is a different one and I believe these will all be vehicle specific without any compatibility with other 2.0 applications. There are engine considerations for the Golf 2.0 being the CCTA and CBFA engines requiring our FMIND12A part number. The following is a breakdown of when the various 2.0 twintakes are estimated to be available.

Scirocco - available now
Golf - 3 weeks
Golf Ed. 30 - 4 weeks
Leon Cupra - 7 weeks
S3 - 3 months

this is the delivery times for the Forge twintake , so might get 1 by Christmas if you lucky.

Mark silly question but why do you stick with APR products? they are always overpriced compared to other similar products , and their build and performance is no better.
On some golf forums peolpe dont rate them at all.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Looking at that if Rob's bought an ITG already I think I'll be next! I've emailed them to confirm it's on general release and if so I'll order one, can't wait till xmas, decision made for me! Mind you, the twintake for the Cupra is advertised on their website as an option at the moment.... Re: stage 2+ without CAI, sports cat and intercooler there's a thread on here by Warren Cox who did exactly that with a bog standard S3, just an Apr hpfp. This was done at Revo HQ and the fuel pump is the only really essential item for stage 2+ due to the increased fuel demand, the rest is desirable but not essential. The intercooler will allow me to run higher boost and the exhaust and CAI will benefit any mapped car, irrespective of what stage.....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mark silly question but why do you stick with APR products? they are always overpriced compared to other similar products , and their build and performance is no better.
On some golf forums peolpe dont rate them at all.

They do appear to have a lot of haters, not sure its really deserving as they do develop a great deal of good products. Development costs must be high and so that in turn gets put onto their product pricing. But ultimately thats why we have choice. :)

Their physical products are all made to the highest quality levels, you would certainly spot the difference looking closely at the build quality of an APR exhaust or intercooler.

Many people look at headline numbers and presume them to be the be all and end all of mapping without looking at the overall graph, smoothness and drivability. Neither element is lacking on the APR code, but the means to fine tune it like REVO may or may not be a useful addition.

I've pretty much hit the ceiling with my code, and I'm hoping that APR will look at it further in the not to distant future, though I've just read on APR's site that they have released a new code for our engines, so they may of done it already. So I need to get on to Awesome on Monday and see if its available for me. ;)

The overall reason I chose APR this time, having come from a REVO LCR, is Awesome. They are on my doorstep more or less and with the 2.0L T FSI having its fair share of foibles it gives me a little more piece of mind knowing Awesome are close by.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Looking at that if Rob's bought an ITG already I think I'll be next! I've emailed them to confirm it's on general release and if so I'll order one, can't wait till xmas, decision made for me! Mind you, the twintake for the Cupra is advertised on their website as an option at the moment.... Re: stage 2+ without CAI, sports cat and intercooler there's a thread on here by Warren Cox who did exactly that with a bog standard S3, just an Apr hpfp. This was done at Revo HQ and the fuel pump is the only really essential item for stage 2+ due to the increased fuel demand, the rest is desirable but not essential. The intercooler will allow me to run higher boost and the exhaust and CAI will benefit any mapped car, irrespective of what stage.....

Intercooler also allows you to sustain boost. Stage 2+ means heat and heatsoak means power loss. A good intercooler allows you to sustain that power and boost.

Back to Back runs on mine without the uprated IC saw it lose power on each subsequent rolling road run, after the IC was fitted it actually gains power after each run on a rolling road.

This has the same effect on the road, if not more so due to the cooler air flow, meaning you run optimum boost at all times and hopefully in all environments whether its hot or cold.

Last edited:

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Though the DBilas intake I have gave it a good increase it didn't appear to be running right with a random misfire developing at high rpms. So I've switched back to the stock airbox/carbonio for the time being. It runs much smoother now but has lost almost 20hp to boot.

So now's the time to have another RR day, eh Mark :D I might just up the boost for the day, see what the Forge twintercooler + BSH adds....

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Feeling lonely down south, may try and get a few Bristolians together at TSR in Bridgwater when my car's sorted! All other Southwesterners included too naturally!

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire

The ITG intake is great havnt had chance to properly test it out yet or do any logs could do with going on a rolling road day but on the drive back from coventry the car pulls much better especially at the top end and no sign of msfires or hesitancy at all.

From what ive herd the forge is overcomplicating things and the y piece is not the best and 7 weeks is a long time to wait when theres already something better out ;), it just depends if your bothered about noise because it is quite loud when your giving it some.

It took Andy@ ITG about 3/4 of an hour to fit.

if anyones wondering where it gets its cold air from, its down by the fog light and after a long drive home lifted the bonnet up and the bit thats sectioned off was nice and cold so obviously does its job.

Andy was talking about getting some of the pipes ceramic coated but thats still in development to see if its worth it.

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I spoke to Andy about this but he thinks the cost might out weigh the demand :(

what holds the foam in place?

Its fastned onto the back of the filter but its also a tight seal around the edges and that also holds it in place. the bit of foam across the battery is tucked under neith the side and also when the bonnet is down isnt going anywhere fast, but it does the job its designed for.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
They do appear to have a lot of haters, not sure its really deserving as they do develop a great deal of good products. Development costs must be high and so that in turn gets put onto their product pricing. But ultimately thats why we have choice. :)

Their physical products are all made to the highest quality levels, you would certainly spot the difference looking closely at the build quality of an APR exhaust or intercooler.

Many people look at headline numbers and presume them to be the be all and end all of mapping without looking at the overall graph, smoothness and drivability. Neither element is lacking on the APR code, but the means to fine tune it like REVO may or may not be a useful addition.

I've pretty much hit the ceiling with my code, and I'm hoping that APR will look at it further in the not to distant future, though I've just read on APR's site that they have released a new code for our engines, so they may of done it already. So I need to get on to Awesome on Monday and see if its available for me. ;)

The overall reason I chose APR this time, having come from a REVO LCR, is Awesome. They are on my doorstep more or less and with the 2.0L T FSI having its fair share of foibles it gives me a little more piece of mind knowing Awesome are close by.

Keep us updated on this one please Z.