Which intake for Cupra?

RedRobin

airintake.jpg

^^^^ Sorry but it looks like someone raided the parts bin. Must have been a prototype, surely?

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
I'll go for Evo-Ms, in my country is largelly used with very good results, Itg has also a good CAI you get less hp than Evo-Ms but more torque.

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
I didn't know that, for sure is something for taking into consideration. I have a friend with Octavia RS 2009 TSi. He is using the Twintake and is very plesed by it.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
For those that have n,t seen my other thread, the Twintake is now available for the Cupra. My first impressions are all good.

Photo0685.jpg

Blade could you tell me where the right hand filter gets its air from? I see its in the wing but how does air get there?

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
I would go for the BSH True Seal i i was you, lot of people use i in Denmark on their Cupras and everyone is happy about it.
You can see it in my picture link in my profile, just on an FR.

Last edited:

Poverty

I'll go for Evo-Ms, in my country is largelly used with very good results, Itg has also a good CAI you get less hp than Evo-Ms but more torque.

Are you sure about that? I think thats a bold claim without doing proper testing and logs. The evoms MAF housing flaw makes it non comparable to the ITG and forge imo

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
I know this from the Revo deler from here, he said that the best results were obtained with Evoms results with Itg were very good but inconsistend and differ from vehicle to vehicle. I might be wrong. Ang I guess the new Twintake is very good but I know nothing about it. Anyway what's Evoms' problem with the MAF housing ?

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I know this from the Revo deler from here, he said that the best results were obtained with Evoms results with Itg were very good but inconsistend and differ from vehicle to vehicle. I might be wrong. Ang I guess the new Twintake is very good but I know nothing about it. Anyway what's Evoms' problem with the MAF housing ?

The ITG was developed on Revos k1 here in the UK so would suggest works pretty well with Revo software and the problem with the evoms is the maf housing is different to standard so reads slightly wrong where as the ITG and Forge use the standard size maf housing.

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
Today I was almost sure that I will buy an Evoms intake, now I'n not so sure. :think:
I've just read on Forge's site that the Twintake is not yet available for Cupra: "Our kit for the SEAT Leon Cupra is not currently available. We hope to have these available soon".

Last edited:

JMP

May 27, 2004
Forge twintake would be even better if there were no sharp edges hurting the airflow. The metal airscoops should really be trumpets and if airfilter holders also have sharp angles inside, its going to hurt the airflow a bit.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.