Which lowering springs? MK3 Cupra

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
I think I’m gonna try the H&R 25mm spring kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Hi again!
My sportlines arrived today. Will get them fitted tomorrow and give feedback after that

I am considering these too but for performance mainly not just looks. Is the sport line better? or will it slam?
How big difference do lowering springs make on the cupra in general ? DCC won't cause problems?
Very thankful if you write a detailed review.

TMMR

Nov 12, 2018
I am considering these too but for performance mainly not just looks. Is the sport line better? or will it slam?
How big difference do lowering springs make on the cupra in general ? DCC won't cause problems?
Very thankful if you write a detailed review.

Hi!
As mine is an Xcellence and not cupra I font have DCC I never tried any sportlines so I will ger them fitted later today and will try to give a detailed review ( as much as possible as english is not my main language )

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
We have some slightly used (~1000miles) VWR springs here for the FWD Cupra mk3/Golf GTI mk7 etc., if someone is interested.

TMMR

Nov 12, 2018
Hi again!
One day after fitting the springs i just think why didnt I do this earlier? Huge drop, still very confortable, stiff when it needs to and feels lile a kart hahah
Im gonna make a big trip this saturday and after that I will post a review about that.
Right now im having trouble
With the headlights level sensor that sets the light too low. Not sure how to solve this

Sticklebricks

Jan 12, 2019
United Kingdom
This is ours lowered on Eibach Sportline 40/45mm lowering spring. After dropping, each corner was almost exactly the same height from centre of hub cap to wheel arch (330mm) on day of lowering. No issues with speed bumps etc.
IMG_0199_edited.jpg

Mar 5, 2019
Hi guys,

First Post here and just wanted to say thanks for a lot of useful information on the forum.
I am a old seat owner. My first car is a 11 year old seat ibiza which is now passed on to my wife and I have treated myself with a 2019 Seat Leon FR 1.5 TSi Act 130hp.
It came standard in FR trim except there is a winter pack additionally on it.
I have swapped stock 17" with 18" and the car looks like Ateca more than a Leon.
So i have to lower the car ASAP
My question is does anyone have a 2019 Leon fr with the same engine or similar 2018 model 1.4 tsi on eibach sportline or eibach Pro kit?
The issue is that I have found a few people who have Pro kit on the 2018 models and the car looks perfect on 18" others have preface lift models on sportline and still there is a bigger clearence than the 2018 on Pro kit.
So my question is what should I fit because the current combination is a no go for me?

Thank you for your help and expect more questions in some other topics soon. :)

Sticklebricks

Jan 12, 2019
United Kingdom
I would have thought the suspension setup was the same for facelift and pre-facelift. There's obviously differences in ride height between trim levels i.e FR & SE. So I would expect a PFL FR to sit and the same height as a FL FR if lowered on the same springs. Ours is a 1.4 ecotsi FR 150 on Eibach Sportlines, and the look of the car varies from photo to photo depending on how level the surface is due to it having torsion/twist beam suspension as opposed to the larger horse powered engines which have multi-link/ independent suspension.