Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Which new clutch?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Scotter280, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Scotter280

Hi all,

I have a few options for a new clutch on my 280...Sachs, LUX or what I thinking about going for a RTS clutch!( twin friction )
    Help! Has anyone fitted any of these? What’s best? Has either caused issues? Thanks in advance

2. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

Sachs / Helix haven’t heard of the other 2

Scotter280 likes this.
  3. JsyCuPrA

JsyCuPrA Full Member

Have a Sachs fitted to my 300, no issues what so ever

4. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

I've had the Helix Organic and the RTS Twin Friction - All I'll say is I had 2 Helix Organics, before going for the RTS.

The RTS feels so light compared to the Helix, it's an almost stock like feel. Much stronger too. I was running 465lbft of torque at stage 2, and it coped just fine. Now I'm stage 3, I will be upgrading it to the RTS Paddle which feels identical I'm told. The current RTS is dealing with stage 3 fine, but I'm not full throttling it just in case, as the torque will be well above the limits of the clutch.

I've no experience with Sachs, but plenty are running with them and they have been the 'go to' one for some time.

Brian Gordon-Stables likes this.