Which performance tweak?

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Have a 56 plate FR TDi, looking at getting it tweaked once - but that is all - no further mods - thinking about bluefin or revo - any suggestions on which is better? Reliability of map? Has anyone who had this done had anymore DPF problems (I have had none in all my time with car - 40,000 miles)?

Cheers

2tone86ibizacup

Hi i would go a revo remap was thinking of doing that to my old car as i got advised it would be one of the best remaps for it before getting a ibiza 160bhp pd cupra. That has been remapped to about 200 bhp. But again i don't know what remap it's on it. You will see a big difference. haven't seen any probs with mine with the remap and it's only done 31000 miles. If you do want more power after remap i would start looking at exhausts maybe from the turbo back and with a sports cat! But thats if you wanted to go down that road. Have u put a panel filter in?

Scott

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
My car is completely standard at moment and just really want a performance tweak from a map - do not really want to change any hardware

2tone86ibizacup

where about r u from? can always phone up the nearest place for a remap to see what they advise you. but the the bluefin i'm sure it would come as a box which insurance companys would pick up on. also with a revo they not know it has done or not. would get a panel filter aswell so it would breathe a bit plus it would last a life time :)

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Berkshire. Well just wanted feedback from you guys who had it done, supplier bound to say its all good ;o). Think the bluefin is switchable - can take off easily as put on. Btw - what does this sort of map do to your insurance premium?

2tone86ibizacup

it depends on the insurance you have. depends if you want to tell them or not but usually it would add 10% on to your insurance. yeah i know the bluefin is switchable but it depends if you want to tell the insurance company as the revo remap wouldn't show up but the bluefin you would notice right away. have you phoned any places to see how much it cost you?

sdownie1

Jul 23, 2008
scotland
Hi mate the Bluefin unit does not stay on the car after you have remapped it so your insurance company does not need to know about the remap if this is what you want.Also the Bluefin keeps your cars original map so if you have to return your car to the dealers for work you can put it back to standard.I have heard that Bluefin can not be detected by the dealers but if you do a search on the forum you will find lots of info about remaps for your car, i have been running Bluefin for almost 8 months now with no problems at all so i and others on this forum would recommend it but as with everything its each to there own.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Cheers for the reply, I am tempted by Bluefin and may give it a go!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Have a 56 plate FR TDi, looking at getting it tweaked once - but that is all - no further mods - thinking about bluefin or revo - any suggestions on which is better? Reliability of map? Has anyone who had this done had anymore DPF problems (I have had none in all my time with car - 40,000 miles)?

Cheers
Had mine done after its first year, no problems apart from it last 40k service and the map got wiped!!, cost me £50.00 to reinstall - may not happen with blue fin??. Re Insurance - declare it I have been in this game a long time and the loop holes have closed up!! BIG BROTHER is live and well and you will be caught out. ........................ no car no money plus possible 3rd party claim?@! my insurance is about 7% uplift

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members