Which remap for FR

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
As title wanting to get the FR remaped know of most of the popular maps Bluefin Revo etc just wanting peoples views who have already got there FR done, only planning stage 1 at the moment just want to feel some more power views on what you have now and would you have gone different, if it helps i am swayed by Bluefin because of price and switchability plus the fact that it can be activated from home,appreciate your views guys.

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Cheers Pov are they done via a handheld or only through the tuning station, is there a centre in South Yorkshire dont really want to travel to far.

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
Bluefins are great. I have just been trying one out on my FR. Very noticable increase in my case.

tt28

I've recently remapped my FR with stage 1 AMD.
I don't think it really matters which one to go with as this stage.
ok, i don't get the REVO switchability, but TBH I don't think I would have used it anyway.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
bluefin on the k03 TFSI is poo, trust me. i had it at stage 1, 2 and 2+. hought it was good until i drove a shark performance and revo k03 car and then it just highlighted how pants the delivery of the bluefin was.

on Briskoda shark performance is close to becoming the predominant tuner with rave reviews. There are plenty of guys who have transfered from other tuners including DNA performance, REVO, and mysel with bluefin. very good remap. you can have it done t his workshop or have it done with a Bluefin style handset

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Cheers Pov are they done via a handheld or only through the tuning station, is there a centre in South Yorkshire dont really want to travel to far.

Once uploaded you can switch between stock and performance using the cruise control. You can also use it to immobilise the car vs thieving scallies.
Awesome GTI will fit it and have a very good reputation.

Last edited:

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
APR maps are argued to be the best for the k03s

the Fr doesnt have a k03s. the old 1.8T has the k03s, he tfsi just has a k03 which is pretty much the equivalent of the old k04 turbo that ws fitted to the 1.8T cupras/S3.

Ive been on the TFSI forums for about 3 years and can only recal reading about 3 guys with APR on the k03. Id say REVO is the predominent tuner on the k03 taking into account all the tfsi forums.

Im a big fan of REVO, not had it on my own car yet, the revo map gives a real strong surge of torque from low down, bit awkward in the wet though. I found the shark performance map to be a bit more progressive, but on par performance wise with the revo, this ihas been shown on RRs as well

Poverty

the Fr doesnt have a k03s. the old 1.8T has the k03s, he tfsi just has a k03 which is pretty much the equivalent of the old k04 turbo that ws fitted to the 1.8T cupras/S3.

Ive been on the TFSI forums for about 3 years and can only recal reading about 3 guys with APR on the k03. Id say REVO is the predominent tuner on the k03 taking into account all the tfsi forums.

Im a big fan of REVO, not had it on my own car yet, the revo map gives a real strong surge of torque from low down, bit awkward in the wet though. I found the shark performance map to be a bit more progressive, but on par performance wise with the revo, this ihas been shown on RRs as well

Last I heard on the 2.0T there is no k03 which is what everyone calls it but is really designated k03s :shrug:

Either way is not a mighty k04 :p

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
bluefin on the k03 TFSI is poo, trust me.

Er... afraid I can't. I think the Bluefin stage 1 is great. I would have sent it back if I wasn't 100% convinced.

With a lot of these things you can trial them so give it a go then decide.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Er... afraid I can't. I think the Bluefin stage 1 is great. I would have sent it back if I wasn't 100% convinced.

With a lot of these things you can trial them so give it a go then decide.

dont get me wrong i thought that as well until i tried a revo car and a shark performance car, and it was so much better i paid out a fair wack of money for a new remap. and it was money well spent (IMO of course)

of all the bluefin stages, the stage 1 is the best delivery, the stage 2 was really on/off in its delivery, the stage 2+ improved the delivery, but wasnt a match for revo stage 2 or shark performance stage 2. and they didnt even have the fuel pump.

Ive found alot of guys on the k03 woith similar experiences to me, mostly with the annoyancs starting from stage 2 onwards. whats weird though, is that bluefin performs really well on the k04.

BTW my car made 241Hp/249Hp on DD rollers which were pretty much identical to an Fr with bluefin who went on after me. 2 REVO cars went on and made similar horse power but 30-40Ibft more torque. on the road they just pulled away

end of the day if you happy with your map then tat is all that matters

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Thanks guys for the feedback just a quick question anyone had a shark remap on a K03 fr and how much is it with a handheld?really want the simplist and cheapest option with more power but just want the best map,only going stage 1 for the near future as i will be chopping car in for poss cupra,S3 or similar in 18months time so maybe bluefin ticks all the right boxes at the mo just to go stage 1, plenty on here with bluefin stage 1 and no problems although i can see a case for revo,giac beyond stage 1 again thanks for the input.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/154-shark-performance/

his website is i there with link, also a search of brisky will show up lot of reviews on his maps. I think there is an Fr review on there somewhere, but most will be octy vRS whuichg are the same engine anyway so no different.
Alternatively, try the tyre smoke and audi forums as he is a sponsor on them as well.

heres a couple reviews
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/14...ge__view__findpost__p__1824095__fromsearch__1
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/146191-shark-performance-sts-stage-2-review/
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/147142-another-shark-performance-sts-review/
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/144439-sharkperformance-sts-review/

huck916

Just had my diesel FR remapped by celtic tunning, it was done by A4 Audi in clydebank near glasgow and i am lovin it the car now has some real shove.

Whiteatom

I have GIAC remap and have been very happy with it , I also have switchload to swtich back to stock when required.

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Just a quick update i finaly decided on the bluefin remap which arrived today my decision to go bluefin was based around price, ease of use(switchability and not wanting to travel miles to get the map on(no revo dealers in Sheffield) well all i can say is im well impressed with the results, car feels much smoother and more keen through all the gears, mid range is much more powerfull which is where i wanted it most, car just feels so much better for the map.Overall i think its the best £400 quid i have spent to date well pleased and it only took about 45mins from start to finish dead easy.I would deffo reccomend it for people like myself who just want stage 1 for the mo with a nice little hike in power.