Which Remap ???

Dec 21, 2005
London
Hi everybody I could do with some help on which remap to go for I want something not too pricey I was planning to get the revo stage 2 but honestly right now I ain got dat type of money to spend on my car I dont mind waitng another month or so but I was just wondering if there is a cheaper solution which is roughly the same as revo...

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
loads and loads of info embedded in here

use the search up there ^

:cheers:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
cheapest as madmile says is probably upsolute, superchips or one of the ebay "chippers"

as to whether they are any good, your choice

Dec 21, 2005
London
I have had a look at the upsolute and they seem quite good but honesty im gonna just wait till next month and go for that revo stage2 , oh and saul about them ebay chippers Im gonna leave them to u okay ;)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Upsolute, good value for money and does what it says on the tin. Just don't touch the Ebay stuff with a barge pole. More features and options with Revo, so thats why it's more expensive I guess....

Dec 21, 2005
London
Rob, I think I should stick with the revo stage 2 as i might get more out of my car cos its got a full milltek and sports cat pipe bailey dump valve and pipercross vis and think that revo stage 2 would be the perfect choice to get the most out of my car even tho I have to wait till my cash is right.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Yes I'd agree, either that or have you thought about Custom Code, give JBS a call, customer remap that will take your mods into account, or Jabba come to think of it... Upsolute is a generic re-map based on a standard car.

JBS Sales

Hi
Custom-Code do a Phase 2 which is totally custom to your requirements.
www.custom-code.co.uk is the web site that you need.
The Phase 2 is as I said a total custom remap to your requirements.
This will take in to account any modifications that have been done.,
It will also take in to account how you would want your car to drive.
We have had many excellent results with Phase 2 and have many happy customers.
So this could be another remap to look in to.
I am on hand to help with any enquiry on 01246 455005
Hope this helps
Sarah

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You don't have to get Revo stage 2 put on immediately btw. You can get stage 1 on and then after a few weeks/months upgrade to stage 2 for not very much money. :shrug:

Dec 21, 2005
London
Okay so I can pay for the revo stage 1 then later on pay the extra for stage 2 ?
and about custom code I mean is revo not the best remap solution ??

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Yaboy said:
Okay so I can pay for the revo stage 1 then later on pay the extra for stage 2 ?
Yup, you can do that with Revo and I'm pretty sure you can do the same with CC, but I think it'll end up costing you more.

There's a lot of debate about which remap is "best", but at the end of the day it depends what you want from it. Revo will give you a lot of extra features like anti-theft and the ability to switch it on/off and tweak your settings using just a simple device without the need for a laptop. CC is claimed to give you a much smoother driving experience, but without the ease of tweaking that Revo will give you.

One thing you should bear in mind is not to just look at the head line power figures. You should look at how the power's delivered and what extra features you want (if any).

JBS Sales

mrcoyote said:
Yup, you can do that with Revo and I'm pretty sure you can do the same with CC, but I think it'll end up costing you more.

There's a lot of debate about which remap is "best", but at the end of the day it depends what you want from it. Revo will give you a lot of extra features like anti-theft and the ability to switch it on/off and tweak your settings using just a simple device without the need for a laptop. CC is claimed to give you a much smoother driving experience, but without the ease of tweaking that Revo will give you.

One thing you should bear in mind is not to just look at the head line power figures. You should look at how the power's delivered and what extra features you want (if any).

Yes you are right there are alot of debates in regards this.
And you have the option of Custom Settings that is downloaded FOC on to a laptop so you dont have the added expense of buying an expensive switch on top of the price of the remap.
Then the laptop and the VAG COM cable can be used for other features.
It goes many ways I am afraid.
If you have the VAG COM cable and you like to watch your own fault codes or do your own settings.
So as you can see it does depend on what YOU want.
But Custom-Code do offer the Phase 1 for a generic remap.Then there is an upgrade path to go on to the Phase 2.
I am here to help if anyone needs me.
01246 455004
Thank you
Sarah

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Yaboy said:
Hi everybody I could do with some help on which remap to go for I want something not too pricey I was planning to get the revo stage 2 but honestly right now I ain got dat type of money to spend on my car I dont mind waitng another month or so but I was just wondering if there is a cheaper solution which is roughly the same as revo...

Have you looked at APR, they are now doing Stage 1 and Stage 2 software and have got big discounts on until the end of March the stge 1 generic is £375+Vat so would probably work out cheaper than Revo.
I have had the Stage 2 software since The beginning of January and it has absolutely transformed the car and unlike what I have read on here an other sites, does not suffer the jerky throttle response of some other remaps, the power delivery is phenominal, peak torque is available from 2600rpm so overtaking etc is swift to say the least. It also makes the whole driving experience better as with the extra torque you can almost treat it like a diesel in town and leave it in 3rd / 4th....if you really want!
The APR remap was done by Awesome GTI in Irlam, Manchester and their facilities and service are second to none, the bonus is that as with revo you can get a 6 hour trial code put on to try before you buy....believe me the product sells itself.:worship: AWESOME

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Yaboy said:

Stage 1 to stage 2 you would only pay the difference... so basically can upgrade to it at any point. It's likely that you'll be happy with any remap you go for, some are better than others but once you've spent your hardearned if your car is running better than standard you're going to be happy with it...
Companies have good reputations for reasons though, I wouldn't use any 'unknowns'!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.