which remap?

wilkyway

im getting a mk3 ibiza cupra and i was also wanting to get it remapped. which remaps are there on the market? ive done a quick search but couldnt find many or much info on them. ive heard good things about revo but ive also heard some bad things so i was wondering what other people have and what their opinions are on them.
cheers, simon

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Jabbasport remap on mine for last 12 months,200bhp & 234lbs/ft.Not had any problems at all.Booked in with them again at the end of the month for another remap due to FMIC,ko3's,4 bar fpr,Milltek downpipe & exhaust.

wilkyway

i have a mate with a jabbasport remap and he highly recommends them! ive emailed them, just waiting for a reply!

wilkyway

like i say ive heard some good and some bad things about revo, they are still an option and they are local to me! think i may have to go jabba tho! i just wish they'd email me back lol!

wilkyway

ah right mate, ill have a go at ringing them then, cheers

Robstyler

Hi guys, have you heard of these people, think about it myself, they come to you and take about 2 hours and they say you go from 180 bhp to 215 bhp all for £295, take a look and let me know what you think! http://www.upsolute.com/

Regards,

Rob

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
upsolute are fine matey simon coe is a decent bloke if thats who is doing it for you, I take it you are having the remap over the rechip option yea?

Robstyler

I'm not sure, Simon didnt say, all I know is I will get 212 bhp for £295, whats the difrence with the benfits?

Rob

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
remap doesnt touch the ecu physically, rechip means you have to take it out, break the seal and remove a prom chip and solder in a new one, its up to you as I think he still does both but for the sake of keeping things right id stay with the remap which is done via a laptop to the diagnostic port.

Robstyler

Sounds good to me, any down sides for me doing this, ive a powerflow cat back system, induction kit and bailys dv30 dump valve so think its the basics covers for an upgrade.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
not really a remapped car is easier on the fuel if you take it easy (duh!) though if you race on then those horses will need feeding.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.