Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

which remap?

Discussion in '(Archived) Engine Discussion and Tuning' started by wilkyway, Jun 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. wilkyway

wilkyway Guest

im getting a mk3 ibiza cupra and i was also wanting to get it remapped. which remaps are there on the market? ive done a quick search but couldnt find many or much info on them. ive heard good things about revo but ive also heard some bad things so i was wondering what other people have and what their opinions are on them.
    cheers, simon

2. CatB1

CatB1 Full Member

Jabbasport remap on mine for last 12 months,200bhp & 234lbs/ft.Not had any problems at all.Booked in with them again at the end of the month for another remap due to FMIC,ko3's,4 bar fpr,Milltek downpipe & exhaust.

3. wilkyway

wilkyway Guest

i have a mate with a jabbasport remap and he highly recommends them! ive emailed them, just waiting for a reply!

4. cordobabrendy

cordobabrendy FOOORRREEE!

revo jabba custom code etc, you wont be disappointed.

5. Matt S

Matt S Full Member

I have REVO stage 1.....

Not stopped smiling since !!

6. wilkyway

wilkyway Guest

like i say ive heard some good and some bad things about revo, they are still an option and they are local to me! think i may have to go jabba tho! i just wish they'd email me back lol!

7. jmcvicar

jmcvicar Full Member

They won't. I e-mailed them about 2 months ago and I'm still waiting. It's probably best to ring them.

8. wilkyway

wilkyway Guest

ah right mate, ill have a go at ringing them then, cheers

9. Robstyler

Robstyler Guest

Hi guys, have you heard of these people, think about it myself, they come to you and take about 2 hours and they say you go from 180 bhp to 215 bhp all for £295, take a look and let me know what you think! http://www.upsolute.com/

Regards,

Rob

10. cordobabrendy

upsolute are fine matey simon coe is a decent bloke if thats who is doing it for you, I take it you are having the remap over the rechip option yea?

11. Robstyler

Robstyler Guest

I'm not sure, Simon didnt say, all I know is I will get 212 bhp for £295, whats the difrence with the benfits?

Rob

12. cordobabrendy

remap doesnt touch the ecu physically, rechip means you have to take it out, break the seal and remove a prom chip and solder in a new one, its up to you as I think he still does both but for the sake of keeping things right id stay with the remap which is done via a laptop to the diagnostic port.

13. Robstyler

Robstyler Guest

Sounds good to me, any down sides for me doing this, ive a powerflow cat back system, induction kit and bailys dv30 dump valve so think its the basics covers for an upgrade.

14. cordobabrendy

not really a remapped car is easier on the fuel if you take it easy (duh!) though if you race on then those horses will need feeding.