Which Short shifter? Ebay or Forge?

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
Hi, mates.
I have fitted e-bay shifter yesterday and it took me about 1 hour cause I had to remove/ then reinstall all Twintake constructions.
The most tricky step was to remove stock shifter out of its place.
You have to put gear knob in NEUTRAL and then start removing stock shifter.

I measured shifting distance before and after, its 1cm less than stock (by measuring gear knob position)
This doesnt show real decrease of shifting distance cause of gear shaft angle (didnt measure it)

Test drive showed real situation (not numbers and angles)- shifting was tight and gears are so close, wanted to mention 5-6 gears felt very short as stock

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I fitted my eBay one yesterday and was a little unsure as the part is so much lighter than the original one I removed.

Running on the shortest setting I must say it feels very good. Thinking about adding the 42 dd linkage bushes next to take away that spongy feeling you get through the lever.
Will run it a week or so and decide if the extra bushes are required.

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I didnt mention about 42 DD bushings. I dont have them, but I am interested in them.
Only problem is the cost. They cost more than shifter in Awesome GTI (shipping cost is half of price)

Any other stores?

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
I highly recommend the 42dd bushes mine were only £30 makes the shift so much more refined and definate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
i will also get the 42dd bushes start of the new year, don't really fancy fitting them in this miserable cold weather lol

and yeah they are a bit deer, any other stores? Rorza where you get yours from?

Last edited:

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
Awesome gti just make sure with the shape as not all bushes go with the right model year luckily enough mine did.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
Fitted my eBay shifter also have the 42 shifter bushes and it's an amazing improvement hardly move your arm between gears feels so much tighter no accidental misses when changing fast. I would recommend this mod to anyone,

The bushes where a bit of a pain in the backside though mine is a 07 Cupra and the mk4 bushes where the one for mine had a few issues and had no car for a day as the first lot were wrong but the guys at Awesome soon sorted it out for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Since the wife's whining at me about the eBay short shift I think I'll be putting the original back on but put some 42dd bushes on without telling her.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I should have known as she made it look difficult finding gears standard but she just gets all confused and can't seem to workout if she's in gear or not!!!
I've done nearly 200 miles with it and I find it great.
Think I'll take it off tomorrow and sell it on.
If I do that she may not notice that I've bought a new APR fuel pump which I may fit at the sometime as removing the shifter.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Give me a shout if you decide to sell it on - this is something I really need to sort out on my car because I hate the fact my gearshift in the Celica felt better!!!