which spark plugs ?

sharkemir

hello guys,
i have 1998 audi a3 1.8T (AGU).i've done big turbo upgrade with 2871.the car made around 400 hp but i got some problems with spark plugs.i use NGK PFR6Q spark plugs.but sometimes i feel some miss fire and i when put the spark plugs out ,they 're like black as coal.then i tried BKR7Es and the result was same as PFR6Qs :( and i've checked my A/F and its around 10.5-11.

so what do you use for your BT upgrade ? or any suggestions ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
A/F of 10.5? is your soot issue
why so rich? your hurting power unless tuned to keep egts down.... thats too rich imho

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i believe thats a little lean cupra_200bhp

full chat you want mid 11's to 12 iirc (been awhile since mine has displayed any info lol)

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
I have allways had the same problem with my AGU and the only plug i dont get missfire with is the standard NGK BKUR6ET-10.

Oh and it also runs rich.

Phil

sharkemir

hello guys ,
as i said my af is around 10.5-11 on full boost ? is it really rich ? i thought these numbers are ok on full boost...anyway, i still couldn't find the solution for the spark plugs..i found some information about these kind of problems ,some people said that maybe the lambda sensor had broken...i'm gonna check lambda sensor..any other suggestions ?

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
I've heard that the plug gap can be too large on BT setups, or is that just when you are running high boost?

Would closing the gap a little help reduce miss-fires?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
hello guys ,
as i said my af is around 10.5-11 on full boost ? is it really rich ? i thought these numbers are ok on full boost...anyway, i still couldn't find the solution for the spark plugs..i found some information about these kind of problems ,some people said that maybe the lambda sensor had broken...i'm gonna check lambda sensor..any other suggestions ?

ignore the lambda thing if your figures are on boost...... as there is no lambda control on boost, its the map which controls it. idle, cruising are when lambda is controlling. Does it read 14-15 on idle?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Brought the car to work this morning, had a little blast on full boost and it sits about 9-10?? Dont usually bring the car but it was bugging me :D

you have fueling of 9:1 to 10:1 ??
seriously rich.

unisettings/lemmiwinks it back down fella.. It will go better too.
12 to 12.5 to one is lbt afr.

you can adjustr this yourself progressively if you have a vagcom cable and download the aforementioned adjustment programmes.
You have'nt stuck a 4bar fpr in there have you, when it was maybe mapped for 3bar?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.