Which ST to Choose, plus extras?

Harvey1512

I am changing my company car shortly & I am very tempted to go for an Exeo ST. I need a little guidance and advice from people already driving one. I am going for the 2.0 TDI CR 143 engine.

The S model seems to be all that I need but can anyone out there suggest reasons why the SE is better. It does not seem to me to have that much extra. Would anyone suggest I am wrong?

With regards to extras I would choose Metallic Paint, Rear side Airbags and the Winter Pack, I love heated seats in the winter. Is there anything that I have not chosen that you would recommend? Is the Glass Pack worth it?

Are there any weaknesses to the Exeo ST. I previously had a Toledo that had a problem with wind noise around the side mirrors, my own car, a Volvo S40 has awful dipped headlights. What do I need to be aware of?

Cbeal

Feb 27, 2005
I got the SE simply because it was a pre-registered. So I didn't get any choice in extras. I'd been tempted by the sport, because I liked the seats, but it wasn't worth paying more for it.

As for how I like the Exeo, very comfortable and quiet, reasonably quick. Wind noise seems much better than either the Leon or Ibiza I've had. It feels very solidly made.

Thinks on the SE I'm surprised I liked.

The Ambient Light Pack (yes really!) It's nice to see what you're stepping in :)
The rear parking sensors (It's a long car compared with the Ibiza)
The Leather steering wheel - that'd be a deal breaker for me

I can't think of any negatives really, though the auto-headlight sensor is broken, I'm waiting for the dealer to get the part in

Over all I really like it

unikarl

Nov 18, 2002
Yorks
Visit site
The SE's leather steering wheel is a must for me too.... I'd never drive a car with a round piece of plastic in front of me again!

OFC

I'm in the process of ordering an Exeo ST; went for the 2.0 TDI 143 bhp, SE finish with metallic paint, BOSE and perhaps we'll also add the Storage Pack for the 12v supply in the boot. We were really pleased with the quality of the car, brilliant ride quality (the ESP does help), lovely engine the common rail. Honestly I didn't expect the test drive would result in such an overwhelming approval from my partner; I thought she'd never for it as our budget was initially lower than the Exeo ST.

Any way looking forward to it... there will be one more on the road! :)

Cbeal

Feb 27, 2005
My ST SE came with a 12v supply in the boot - it was registered July last year. I don't think it has the storage pack 9though I could be wrong - I'll check when I get home). Hope you like it. I'm please with mine

OFC

Thanks Cbeal; if you could confirm re: 12v supply that would be much appreciated. Apparently the Storage Pack gives you the 12v supply, underseat storage for front seat and a net in the boot. If the 12v is standard it's not worth getting another £100 option I guess.

Good to hear you're pleased with you Exeo. Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.