1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

which Vagcom& Cable (Very Confused)

Discussion in 'VAG-COM & Diagnostics' started by 777cupra, Sep 27, 2007.

1. BeartheBruce

BeartheBruce Ross-Tech, LLC

Mudz posted an illegal copy of our product.

Leonrob, if you have an aftermarket interface, you can try downloading the software from our archived - old versions - for free. Either version 409 or 311 shareware may work. Version 908 will not work as it requires a dongle interface with built in activation.

2. leonrob

leonrob allways inovating

i understand now thanks for your help
    + with this software what will i be able to do ?
    reset errors ? logg engine data ? im a bit new to software in cars :think:

3. BeartheBruce

There is a comparison on our website of the shareware capabilities vs the factory tool and our full version. Please see the Function Table

4. leonrob

leonrob allways inovating

thanks very much thats exactly what i needed to know :)

5. TubbyTwo

TubbyTwo Taking a break from JDM..

Talk about confused.com here.

trying to find out what cable i need for a 2003 Mk1 210 LCR, can i have a price for the cable and software please? just been looking at the Ross-Tech site and am getting lost at what i need....

Thanks.

6. BeartheBruce

Sure - Did you look at the VCDS World Spec Compatibility Chart

Since SEATs are not sold in the US, you would have to give me the 7&8th characters of your VIN so I could match things positively but using the chart you can do the same thing.

I suspect our KEY series interfaces will work. I am certain the HEX series will work.

7. JamJay

JamJay California Bound

As far as I know, HEX & KEY 16 PIN interface will both work on the LCR but CAN BUS won't :)

8. carl325

carl325 Active Member

I have a FR 150 TDI 2004 reg, am wanting a cable and some software but like many people i'm a complete novice at this sort of thing and from the amount of posts placed on this site it only adds to my confusion.

I'm also wanting to be able to read codes etc on my Wife's B5 2001 Passat 130 tdi

Can anyone point me in the right direction so i don't buy something that i can't use!

Many thanks

9. BeartheBruce

World Spec Compatibility Chart

As I said in a previous post in this thread, since I am not on your side of the pond, and I do not see SEATs in the US, I really need the 7&8 character of the VIN to help you. With that, I can look the cars up in the chart listed above and know which VCDS interface will be most cost effective and work for you.

10. Anekiller

Anekiller Guest

where a vagcom can be bought??

11. BeartheBruce

12. AlteaTDIFR

AlteaTDIFR Guest

Has anybody tried this company, vag-diagnostics.com , their leads seem to be considerably cheaper than Ross-Tec's own, whilst still apparently being fully registered and with phone back up available. Iknow it's £80 as opposed to ebay's £20, but i would rather have a bit of back up available. Don't blame Ross-Tech for charging what they do, but for a private individual who only wants to change a few options here and there, they are a bit overpriced.

13. BeartheBruce

Yes of course it is cheaper. It is a rip off of our product. When you don't have to do the work to make the product, you can sell it for a lot less. Their product is not fully registered and all the stuff they say on their web site is lies. They will not support you nor will we.

As to a cheap product, what car are talking about? If pre-2005, then you can use our VCDS-Lite product in shareware mode at no cost. How much cheaper can we make it? You'll have to get a wire that is compatible with VCDS-Lite - but, as far as cheap goes, free is still free!

14. AlteaTDIFR

AlteaTDIFR Guest

Thanks for confirming it is a rip off, like i say, i understand your reasons for charging full price for full product, to dealerships, however, i only need to turn a couple of options on/off, so can,t justify the full legit cable. Mine's a 2007 Seat, so unfortunately the "lite" version is of no use to me.

15. BeartheBruce

Correct. For the '07 you will need a CAN capable product.

16. adevtr

adevtr Full Member

Hi bear looking at the chart it looks like I can either use the hex+CAN or the micro can. i'm guessing the micro can is the best option for me? What kind of money is it for the cable?

17. BeartheBruce

The MicroCAN in the US lists for $249 USD. Check with Gendan - they are the only UK distrib who stocks the MicroCAN. http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

Shipping to the UK is like $45USD and then you have Queen's cut on top of that. All in you are problably looking at close to $350 USD with all shipping and taxes paid. Gendan's price is £208.64.

The only reason to consider the HEX interface is if you plan on helping those who have older cars which operate from what are known as the K-Lines for diagnostics. If you are buying for only your car, then the MicroCAN is your lowest price.

18. adevtr

adevtr Full Member

Thanks for the information Bruce!

19. kenno69

kenno69 Guest

Useful information, cheers

20. alpha955

alpha955 Guest

I have bought the VAG106 cable & VCDS off this company & although they are not "genuine" bits they do the job brillently and are not a rip off company. They have excellent support & have helped me out with info many times (even replace the cable FOC when it developed a problem) Does everything it says on the can...:D