Whiff removal

Timbo

notso Junior Member
Jan 2, 2003
SE London
Visit site
After having the rubber seal thing replaced from over the pollen filter after the 3rd leak, all should now be well - however as it has been rather moist recently, the steady trickle of water into the passenger footwell apears to have caused the development of an unpleasant smell, akin to cat pi55 ! :blink:

I have tried Neutradol sparay and Febreze on carpets and upholstery, but every time I get in I can still smell it ! Anyone got any recommendations as it's very embarrassing for taking passengers. :redface:

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
If the car is still under warranty, speak to the dealers and get them to sort it. Otherwise, you could shampoo the carpets with a Vax or similair to get all the crap out of the carpets.

LC20vtGav

I've got the same problem after a leak into the driver footwell, any good ideas would be welcome, I tend to just spray air freshener on the carpet and it smells ok for a while.

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
If the smell is in the carpet then the only way to sort it is to shampoo the carpet, VAX or some other wet vac process would be the best, otherwise buy some carpet shampoo from the shops and get scrubbing :D

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
i've just had a leak rectified but the carpet stinks now. after i shampoo the carpet does anyone have any top tips for drying the carpet or is it a case of pinching the gf's hairdryer???

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise