White Bright Bulbs - Ibiza 18 Plate

Joel_Lucketti

Aug 22, 2011
Torbay, Devon
Hi All

Recently picked up my new car an Ibiza FR 18 Plate. The car has small daylight running lights in the top corner of the front lights, which look really nice.

I have found the actual main headlights and fog lights though are the standard orange yellow bulbs though which don't look great with the car.

I take it, its going to be a case of looking for some new bulbs. Does anybody have any ideas where to start?

Thanks a lot guys.

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
I think most will throw out a code on the dash to tell you they’re none SEAT or so I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Of course you can change bulbs... Well not Callum since he has Full LED like me, but otherwise

https://am-application.osram.info/en

Enter your car type (Ibiza Mk5 on their site) and look at at their bulb options.

Note: other brands are available but OSRAM are generally highly recommended.

Last edited:

Joel_Lucketti

Aug 22, 2011
Torbay, Devon

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I changed mine to Philips X-treme Vision 130% which I purchased on Ebay. A lot cheaper than dealers. I just changed the dipped and full beam which both take H7s. There is no worning saying they are not official bulbs, the original bulbs are just ordinary bulbs.

My last car I had Osram Nightbreaker unlimited's in and I do think they might have been slighty whiter however the philips are brighter. One thing I found with the Osram's were they didn't last that long. The Philips are rated something like 3 times longer than the osrams (by their own specs) which is why I bought them. I certainly find them to be very bright and really do light the road up very well.

Joel_Lucketti

Aug 22, 2011
Torbay, Devon
Thank you for the advice. I have just looked at the Philips X-treme Vision 130%. How many Bulbs are in the actual main lights then? Is it two in each headlight? Which means a total of 4 bulbs would be needed?

I have also looked at the fog light bulbs which they do in osram's. I cant see any fog light Philips bulbs? Do they also sell them?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you for the advice. I have just looked at the Philips X-treme Vision 130%. How many Bulbs are in the actual main lights then? Is it two in each headlight? Which means a total of 4 bulbs would be needed?

I have also looked at the fog light bulbs which they do in osram's. I cant see any fog light Philips bulbs? Do they also sell them?

Yes 1 dipped and one full beam for wach side. so total 4 bulbs. They come in packs of 2.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017

As I remember its the same H7 bulbs for the Fog Lights as well. I could not work out how to get the fog lights out to change them so gave up.

vicb

Nov 29, 2010
I changed my bulbs a couple of months ago.

After looking at Osram and Philips I opted for Ring because of their longer life. They are brighter and whiter than the originals.

I purchased them from motoramahull (104842) on ebay.

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
I changed my bulbs a couple of months ago.

After looking at Osram and Philips I opted for Ring because of their longer life. They are brighter and whiter than the originals.

I purchased them from motoramahull (104842) on ebay.

Got a link to those? Are they the road legal ones or the rally ones?

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Noob question: do you definitley use the same bulb type for both low and high beam, surely it would give the same effect if it is the same bulb? Or is there something in the housing which changes how the beam is "thrown"?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If you have single headlights, there are 2 filaments in the one bulb - like a H4.

Dual headlights use 1 bulb for main and 1 for dip, but the reflectors in the headlamp, and the lenses, shape the beams as needed, even if the bulb types themselves are the same.

If you are buying bulbs, check a website that shows the fitting required for each lamp on the car.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Noob question: do you definitley use the same bulb type for both low and high beam, surely it would give the same effect if it is the same bulb? Or is there something in the housing which changes how the beam is "thrown"?

Yes they are both H7 bulbs. The housing is where the difference is.

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for the advice. I put Osram Nightbreaker Lasers in place of my low beam and they look quite good. I'm going to get some for my fog lights too (H8) as when they come on as a cornering lamp, the stock lights look yellow compared to the new Osrams. I'll probably swap out the high beams too at some point.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.