white smoke

tony__turbo

Anyone know why my cupra is smoking when its been ticking over for 10 or so minutes it a soon clear after i give it a rev or pull away its white smoke coming out of it ...

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Could be a few things from that description..turbo is one. Does the smoke go when you have been driving for a bit? Does it smoke when you boost/come off boost?

tony__turbo

Could be a few things from that description..turbo is one. Does the smoke go when you have been driving for a bit? Does it smoke when you boost/come off boost?

yea the smoke will clear after ive been driving it for a bit or if i giv it a good rev and hold the revs for a bit... but the smoke tht comes out of it dont smell to good.. ive also notest tht theres smoke coming from the bk of the engine by the turbo but only when the car smokes after idleing for say 10min ! ... :(

and i got no smoke when im making boost or coming off boost ...

also im getting about 1.1 bar boost is this correct for a standard cupra T on a 02 plate ?

Last edited by a moderator:

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Not sure about boost.

How much oil are you going through? How regular are you topping up?

Might be worth having a look in your intercooler piping seeing if there is loads of oil in there, a little bit is ok. Maybe Take a look at your plugs and see if there is an odd one out.

I had exactly the same issue and it turned out to be a cracked piston ring on cyl 1. Don't worry you won't have that. Could be valve stems..guides though..

BuuBBa

White smoke indicates that its burning water. If oil would be burning the smoke would be more blue than white.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise