Whiteline Rear ARB - Fitting & Pics

KAZSTE

Jun 28, 2006
i am more on the useless side of man!

anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get fitted at a garage as really wouldnt want to drive a car i've been tinkering with:shrug:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The Whiteline one is thinner but it is adjustable whereas the Jabba one isn't.

It's really easy to fit, but if you took it to a garage they should be able to do it in 1/2 - 1 hour.

gmb

whiteline arb

Hi there
I've upped a little old thread, but it's of an important to me...
I wanted to order that kind of Whiteline Rear ARB
so I've searched over Whiteline ARB and also looked up at the AWESOME GTI webpage, but found nothing of compliant to Ibiza Cupra '07..
Any idea where I can get it these days and how much should it cost...
any idea as well as to the costs of shipping it over-seas (Israel is the place...)
and any more ideas as to how reduce understeer on the car and improve handling besides the rear-ARB? should I go also on the full package of ARB (front&rear), is it better for preventing understeer and improving handling over than just fitting the rear?

I've got a standard cupra with a custom-made chip on it (around 200 HP)

Thanks ahead

Rami

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
You can get them from balancemotorsport you need the one for the fabia/9N VW polo whiteline part number BWR19Z £113.12 im sure they would ship to you.

You already have a thicker front ARB as standard as you have a cupra. Have heard good things about whiteline rear arb. Im actually fitting one tonight (got one second hand:)) Will let you know what difference it makes.;)

gmb

Thanks

You can get them from balancemotorsport you need the one for the fabia/9N VW polo whiteline part number BWR19Z £113.12 im sure they would ship to you.

You already have a thicker front ARB as standard as you have a cupra. Have heard good things about whiteline rear arb. Im actually fitting one tonight (got one second hand:)) Will let you know what difference it makes.;)

Thanks
found it
I would love to hear how much did it affect after you install it...

Should it be a problem shipping it over-seas? anyone knows the approximate cost?

so what you recommend is that I install only the rear ARB?

How good did that part do anyway?
will eliminate under-steer? provide better traction over corners?
Anything else that might be useful for the car in that (more or less) amount of money?

Thanks in advance,
Rami

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
I should think they will ship anywhere.

You could add a Seat sport strutbrace and to top it all a full suspension kit dampers and shocks. If you do a search there are loads of people who have done all these mods. Should make it understeer a lot less.

Rear arb is adjustable too so you can tune it even more to make it oversteer.

Hope that helps.

Si

gmb

do you have any idea how much should a Seat Strut-Brace cost?
is it an original Seat product? Can I buy it from the dealer? aren't there any other companies which produce the strut brace and are better/cheaper?
I think a suspension upgrade is a bit costy for me now... I'm more into looking for some low-budget improvements that might make the big-difference in the car...

Rami

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
do you have any idea how much should a Seat Strut-Brace cost?
is it an original Seat product? Can I buy it from the dealer? aren't there any other companies which produce the strut brace and are better/cheaper?
I think a suspension upgrade is a bit costy for me now... I'm more into looking for some low-budget improvements that might make the big-difference in the car...

Rami

i paid £45 inc vat for my seat sport one which is made by momo!! i think its the best for the money and it does not effect warrentys!! ;)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Whiteline rear ARB makes a big difference when cornering. It will help reduce understeer. If you fit a thicker front ARB/strut brace, this will increase the understeer effect, but may help balance the car out and make it feel better.

If it;s just understeer you want to reduce, don't bother fitting thicker front ARBs or strut braces!

Mar 8, 2007
If I were you I'd keep an eye on all yours.

A couple of people on Briskoda have had problems with their's rusting where it bolts to the bottom of the shock droplink

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
If I were you I'd keep an eye on all yours.

A couple of people on Briskoda have had problems with their's rusting where it bolts to the bottom of the shock droplink

Yeah I had a read through that thread and it seems like it was a bad batch. The second hand four month old one I just fitted was fine.

Just went for a spin and boy does it make a difference:funk:

Found some pdf fitting instructions from whiteline too http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z362_BWR19.pdf

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
think i my have to get one of these along with better front tires then will be handaling like a dream:) and at a good price to

I'd say get it, you won't be disappointed. I got the Jabba rear ARB for my cupra a couple of weeks ago and it really has helped reduce understeer and makes the car seem more stable round corners.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.