Whiteline Rear ARB - Fitting & Pics

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i was going to0 get a whitelin arb but when i got my seat sport strut brace i didnt think id made that much diference to the handaling.... so was i worng it realy does make a diference? especialy with the colovers???

Mar 8, 2007
Jury is out on the difference the Seat Strut Brace makes. Or any strut brace for that matter.

Quite a lot of people dismiss them as bling.

Anti roll bars are a completely different kettle of fish to strut braces.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea, rear ARB will help reduce understeer and you will really notice that as the body rolls less. Front strut brace just stiffens the front up a bit. Stuffening the front of the car increases understeer.

Depends what you want really, but most ppl want less understeer in a front wheel drive 'road' car :)

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Yea, rear ARB will help reduce understeer and you will really notice that as the body rolls less. Front strut brace just stiffens the front up a bit. Stuffening the front of the car increases understeer.

Depends what you want really, but most ppl want less understeer in a front wheel drive 'road' car :)

I find the strut brace helped give more feeling through the steering and seemed to make it feel tighter. I think the heavier diesel engine might have some effect on how much difference you feel with the strut brace and also with the Rear ARB.

I picked the thicker more expensive Jabba ARB to compensate that for the understeering nature of the TDI.

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Although may be thicker thicker the whiteline is stiffer when set to the maximum, they also make a non-adjustable one which is thicker....similar to the jabba one

Didn't know it can be stiffer than the Jabba when set to max.
To be honest though I prefered the Jabba ARB as it was a solid bar rather than all the bolted joints the Whiteline ARB has. And I didn't know Whiteline had a non adjustable ARB aswell.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I find the strut brace helped give more feeling through the steering and seemed to make it feel tighter. I think the heavier diesel engine might have some effect on how much difference you feel with the strut brace and also with the Rear ARB.

I picked the thicker more expensive Jabba ARB to compensate that for the understeering nature of the TDI.

i found the same with the strut brace. makes the car feel tighter and more confident on the road

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
They all understeer, I didn't notice a difference when I switched the petrol Cupra from the derv. Don't notice a difference with the strut brace on or off either (with rear ARB fitted). I think the strut brace effect must be very subtle, it does tighten the front up but won't actually reduce understeer. But if it makes the car feel better and more confident then that's the main thing :D

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
They all understeer, I didn't notice a difference when I switched the petrol Cupra from the derv. Don't notice a difference with the strut brace on or off either (with rear ARB fitted). I think the strut brace effect must be very subtle, it does tighten the front up but won't actually reduce understeer. But if it makes the car feel better and more confident then that's the main thing :D

maybe it physiological :lol:

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Didn't know it can be stiffer than the Jabba when set to max.
To be honest though I prefered the Jabba ARB as it was a solid bar rather than all the bolted joints the Whiteline ARB has. And I didn't know Whiteline had a non adjustable ARB aswell.

The bolt on bits are only drop links, not much of a weak link in the system. But yeh you can get a none adjustable one which is slightly thicker. I suppose the adv of it being adjustable is that you can tailor it to any other mods you have. People with just springs have said the middle setting works best.....but mines on the stiffest with coilies :D

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The strut brace doesnt relaly kick in until you are on the limit of grip I think.

Yea, I really notice the rear ARB doing it's job when pushing the car round medium speed corners, especially when accelerating round them and transferring the weight to the back of the car.

At slower speeds the affect isn't noticeable. At higher speeds, the rest of the car's handling issues (standard Cupra suspension, no rear spacers etc.) overcome most of the ARBs benefits.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
20mm rear spacers is the best mod ive done handling wise really changed the car i think ive nailed the handling on mine with the

jabba rear arb
20mm rear hubcentric spacers
strutbrace
fk coilovers
pirreli p7000
cupra bushes are stiff enough and rear strut brace imo looks USELESS :lol:

and im very happy with the outcome back end is first to go before the front end and virtually no understeer even when powering out of corners but maybe my quaiffe limited slip diff helps!

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
20mm rear spacers is the best mod ive done handling wise really changed the car i think ive nailed the handling on mine with the

jabba rear arb
20mm rear hubcentric spacers
strutbrace
fk coilovers
pirreli p7000
cupra bushes are stiff enough and rear strut brace imo looks USELESS :lol:

and im very happy with the outcome back end is first to go before the front end and virtually no understeer even when powering out of corners but maybe my quaiffe limited slip diff helps!

There's just something about spacers that make me think they'll be a weak point and break.

Did you change the Front Wishbone front bushes to the Powerflex ones?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
dont need to imo cupra one's are stiff enough. nothing wrong with spacers as you get longer wheel bolts to get a good amount of thread into the hub! no where near unsafe unless you go for the floating spacer which imo are DODGE!

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
dont need to imo cupra one's are stiff enough. nothing wrong with spacers as you get longer wheel bolts to get a good amount of thread into the hub! no where near unsafe unless you go for the floating spacer which imo are DODGE!

So hubcentric spacers are the ones with the lip to keep them centred and use longer bolts rather than other spacers which bolt onto the hub then you bolt into them. :confused:

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i have been thinking and cant get my head roud how a rear arb works, i know the principal but the two wheels are supported by a beam wth the coils at each end.... how does the arb help? am i been stupid here?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.