Who can lighten my flywheel and balance it for cash

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
How come you need it lightening? as far as im aware it causes an unsteaedy idle. what sort of performance gains are you looking at?

It only causes Idle issues if you lighten it too much I'm told. I think from memory it will inky be about 4hp gain but it will offset the extra weight i have in the car. Could you suggest a better way for me to increase power without having it mapped as I'm already doing that in a few months. Thanks

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
what engine are you running on what year? And current mods? If anything a flywheel lightening would be the last thing i would do :)

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
I think you are heading down the totally wrong route. If im correct you should have a dual mass flywheel. it is pretty impossible to lighten these due to the fact they have springs in to reduce the vibration. So that would mean you would have to buy a normal flywheel and have it machined. And you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in power other than the lumpy idle. I suggest having the DPF removed, panel filter fitted and maybe an exhaust of your choice? Then a remap. This will be the best bang for your money :)

I did exhaust last week so it's a straight through, dpf and back box have gone. The map is coming in a few months. The car has been lightened, but I've just had extra weight added due 5o new wide steel arches front and back, large wheel spacers etc. I have a single maas flywheel as this was changed when the clutch first went years ago. So as I have already done he mods you suggest would you recommend any other route?

I am looking at a bigger turbo which just bolt s on and puts the bhp to 200 with a remap and a braided oil line apparently.

Ps the lightened flywheel does not mess with idle unless you take too much weight of it.

Thanks for your help so far.

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
With your car being a diesel i would think that lightening the flywheel wouldnt make much differnece as they have alot of torque as standard. As you say the only other route would be to upgrade the turbo.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I did exhaust last week so it's a straight through, dpf and back box have gone. The map is coming in a few months. The car has been lightened, but I've just had extra weight added due 5o new wide steel arches front and back, large wheel spacers etc. I have a single maas flywheel as this was changed when the clutch first went years ago. So as I have already done he mods you suggest would you recommend any other route?

I am looking at a bigger turbo which just bolt s on and puts the bhp to 200 with a remap and a braided oil line apparently.

Ps the lightened flywheel does not mess with idle unless you take too much weight of it.

Thanks for your help so far.

Visit Darksidedevolpments.co.uk

-staytuning|staymodified

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.