Who can limit the torque?

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Looking at getting a remap on my pd130 but want the torque limiting to below 260ish lb.ft

Which tuners can do this?

Are there any mobile tuners that offer this service?

Thanks

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I suspect most tuners could do this.
I got my Upsolute map changed along those lines.

Personally, if I were looking at another remap, I'd be seriously considering one from Bell Auto Services, read quite a few good reviews of his service on here, and I gather he'll write the map to do exactly what you want. All for a good price too.

You will notice the lack of urge around the affected rev range, although it'll still be quicker than standard. Mine is limited between 2-3000rpm, then I can feel it really pick up in the low 3000's. I find it a little frustrating, but it was my choice to do this rather than fork out for a better clutch.

I take it you've bought a barge too then ;)

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Mate,

Jabbasport can do you a custom re-map and limit the torque to where you want it to be although i would think the standard clutch could take more than that, i was running 314 ft lb of torque on a standard clutch for 3 months and i never had one problem just don't floor it under 2000rpm.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Hi Mate,

Jabbasport can do you a custom re-map and limit the torque to where you want it to be although i would think the standard clutch could take more than that, i was running 314 ft lb of torque on a standard clutch for 3 months and i never had one problem just don't floor it under 2000rpm.

It's luck of the draw....the clutch in my Passat (PD130) slipped like a good'un after my remap, anywhere between 2000-3000rpm, even if I didn't give it full beans. Peak torque reduced in that rev range to around 260-270lbft and no more slip.

EDIT: Here's my RR results from Awesome last year: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/rr.scn_18.11.06.html (thrid row down, on right...)

Last edited:

galv

The stock used clutch is ok for about 280 ft-lb really long term. I always think that a first stage re-map should be designed for a totally stock car, We re-map trucks and that some with like 2 millions kilometers on them without an engine re-build

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members