Who is going stage 2

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
Is just run 2 sets of wheels get some 1.2's some r888's on it and I'm laughing :) I will need the softest tyres possible get loads of power down :D

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
whats your mod list

i know you have the miltek TBE and stage 2 revo, but what IC and intake?

Also did you strip any weight out the car? getting rid of the rear seats and spare tyre must save some weight. Also pumping up the rear tyre much more than the front will save rolling resistance

Do you change up manually yourself? just wandering as the power drops off quite abit before the redline

Looking at your graph id say you need to be changing up before 6k other wise you power and torque start to drop off dramatically. Better to stay on peak torque by changing down earlier i think.

REVOstage2.jpg

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
I'm ready for 2+ I had all weight out as possible the graph could have also been the Dyno operator coming off the throttle at that point. The car pulls very hard all the time it probably would have gone slower if i changed earlier I lost all the time at the start trying to get the power down. Tyres will help that though wheels will lose more weight so it will be best of both worlds more grip and less weight.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
It was a bloody nightmare trust me will try again with my new wheels and tyres next time with 2+ will be low 13' s definitely :). No view unfortunately girlfriend was sat with all the rest of my car :D lol got some pics there is some good ones will try and get them up at some point

I was there as well mate running. must of seen me with the red wheels on :)

I only have the Exhaust, Map and coilovers plus a Pipercross panel filter. My best was a 13.7

There were a few Bocas there and I did try to chat them all but you were running A LOT so never caught you.

How were you launching?

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
Tell me about it. I had one small issue and had to go back as the bracket that holds some whires in place on the front of the down pipe was catching on the one fan. They moved it back a bit and i will try and bend it a little more today when the engine is cold. Sounds amazing though, like a bigger engined car hehehehhehhehehe

I got the same problem mate and been trying to figure out what it was lol... Ill have a look when I am back from traveling for work and see if I can shave a bit off as well. There isnt much room down there TBH lol

Glade your loving it mate, I get so many looks with mine now and it has released so much power. The accelerator is so much more progressive as well.

Did you go for the uprated dogbone as well?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah I can't get my hands down there mate so will see when I have the bumper off but she has been quiet since I went back to awesome so maybe they got it back far enough. Uprated dog bone? The gearbox mount thing? They said it didn't look like it would fit so they left it unfortunately.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
It is a round bush that prevents the engine rocking during gar changes, I had it on mine and it has made a massive difference. Gear changes don't seem to thump as much are even smoother.

Wonder why it wouldn't fit??

I only notices it on mine once I was back home.... some 270 miles lol

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
So they did actually fit it for you then? mmmm basterds!!!! hehehehehehhe it's only like £35.00 so I may order one up any way and have it fitted at some point.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I'm ready for 2+ I had all weight out as possible the graph could have also been the Dyno operator coming off the throttle at that point. The car pulls very hard all the time it probably would have gone slower if i changed earlier I lost all the time at the start trying to get the power down. .

have a look at the graphs in this link. Every single 1.4TSI from from stock to stage 1 or 2 peaks at 5500rpm.between that point and the redline they seem to lose about 10-15hp and even more critically on every graph from peak Hp onwards the torque cliff dives

Its a common trait of small turbos. the K03 TFSI in the GTI was the same. much quicker when you shifted at 6k instead of 7k as it dropped the car right back in the peak torque, whereas the K04 whihc was bigger could carry on pulling right to 7k before losing power

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=97799#post97799
http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7236

GrDuDe_Cupra

May 11, 2010
have a look at the graphs in this link. Every single 1.4TSI from from stock to stage 1 or 2 peaks at 5500rpm.between that point and the redline they seem to lose about 10-15hp and even more critically on every graph from peak Hp onwards the torque cliff dives

Its a common trait of small turbos. the K03 TFSI in the GTI was the same. much quicker when you shifted at 6k instead of 7k as it dropped the car right back in the peak torque, whereas the K04 whihc was bigger could carry on pulling right to 7k before losing power

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=97799#post97799
http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7236

I am afraid i disagree bro, the reason there is a downward curve is not the turbine but the map.
Below is my dyno as stage 1 and is keeping all the power till the limiter

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
Might look into that dogbone.

Phil You spoke to my mate with the other white one. I was the one that asked if you would move my car right at the beginning in the queue for the track coz I didn't trust my girlfriend :D lol.

Vrsy ill get my wheels and tyres and go try again see what happens have a little play with other things

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
Ahh yea I remember now. I moved mine and then went back and she was driving it down next to me..... She looked like she knew what she was doing!!!!

Yea I spoke to the your mate in the white one a few times.

The dogbone is very good mate, makes the DSG changes less harsh, and seem to allow the power to be put back down quicker. It also reduced wheel hop A LOT, the coilovers also helped with that lol.

Did you have a good day anyway? how many runs you do?

Last edited:

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
Lol last time she drove it she got out and left it in drive luckily the handbrake was on just it crept a little bit by that time I was outside the car so I had to jump into the passenger seat and yank the handbrake up Haha!

Where have I got to look for this dogbone I wouldn't know where to start :)?

I did 10 runs in the end fastest was 13.6 couldn't get any power down atall was a nightmare was trying to find you to ask how you were launching I couldn't get the hang of it on that track.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Ahh yea I remember now. I moved mine and then went back and she was driving it down next to me..... She looked like she knew what she was doing!!!!

Yea I spoke to the your mate in the white one a few times.

The dogbone is very good mate, makes the DSG changes less harsh, and seem to allow the power to be put back down quicker. It also reduced wheel hop A LOT, the coilovers also helped with that lol.

Did you have a good day anyway? how many runs you do?

:funk: ordered from awesome today mate so will see how hard it is to get fitted. may just pay a tech at work to do it on a week-end hehehehehehe

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
I tend not to let my GF drive it too often. She keeps trying to put me throu the windscreen when she does lol.

The bogbone is from awesome mate, I cant remember the name of it and my invoice is back in MK, I am in Scotland :-(

Jason- you will need to press the old one out and then have the new one pressed in. I think!!! this is how It was done on my old Fabia, and Awesome fitted mine before i could get out in the workshop and have a look.

I as well was finding it hard to get the power down, the left hand lane was the worse, I ran a 13.7 I was pleased with that but know it will go faster.

I tried so many different launches, I found this one the best.

Get to the line in D, knock it across to manual.
Left foot on the brake, right foot over accelerator.
when the light goes green to indicate the count down, pull handbrake up but don't lock it, keep your finger of the button.
Take your foot off the brake, the car will select gear and then just drop the handbrake and stamp the accelerator.

I left the ESP on as otherwise it just shifts gear when it spins.

I was getting ESP flashing in first and second so i know there is more power to be had in those gear periods.

I was also changing at 6-6.5 K

I was finding with rolling to the line in D manual, left on brake and right over accelerator, when the light goes green you have a delay as it selects gear/engages clutch. This was making my reaction times look like I not paying attention.

How were you doing it?

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmmmmm I wonder if they can do it here then. I am sure they have a press in the workshop, god knows we service 2500 vehicles here so I am sure they have all the tools they need.