Who to remap

Which company for remap?

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2008
One of the lads pointed me in this direction as you were unsure what to go for.

Our re-map for your car will take it up about 40bhp and 55llbft of torque. The car pulls much much better and is more drivable. It really does transform them. You will also see an improve ment in MPG when driving around normally. This is due to the extra torque you gain from the re-map.

What we do with all our re-maps is a road test and diagnostic to make sure the car is running as it should. We will make sure the sensors are all reading within there parameters etc. We then do a before rolling road run to see the cars standard power. The car is then mapped on the rolling road as well as the road with any other mods taken into account. We follow this up with a final rolling road run with a print out of the power you have gained.

There are alot of people on here with our re-map that should be able to give you a view too.

Thanks to the members who voted for us too :D

Ben

Last edited:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Our re-map for your car will take it up about 40bhp and 55llbft of torque. The car pulls much much better and is more drivable. It really does transform them. You will also see an improve ment in MPG when driving around normally. This is due to the extra torque you gain from the re-map.

What we do with all our re-maps is a road test and diagnostic to make sure the car is running as it should. We will make sure the sensors are all reading within there parameters etc. We then do a before rolling road run to see the cars standard power. The car is then mapped on the rolling road as well as the road with any other mods taken into account. We follow this up with a final rolling road run with a print out of the power you have gained.

There are alot of people on here with our re-map that should be able to give you a view too.

Ben

You would get exactly the same response from Will at P-Torque.

Neither Ben or Will or anyone else for that matter on this forum need to sell themselves to you. Feedback, word of mouth, members opinions, call it what you want is what counts. That is why Will directed you there.

The rest as they say is up to you.

Collate and make your decision. Given where you are AMD would be the obvious choice.

Incidentally my map is a P-Torque map and I'm very happy with it. Had it been an AMD one then I would be equally happy with that too.

Last edited:

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted

Ben

Thank you for explaining the service you provide, for me its not just about how much power i will get its about the guys who will be touching my engine. I will see you on the 22nd to book it in for the remap.

Aug 5, 2008
Thank you for explaining the service you provide, for me its not just about how much power i will get its about the guys who will be touching my engine. I will see you on the 22nd to book it in for the remap.

No problem. Just let us know when and we will get you booked in.

If you have any further questions in the mean time pop me and PM or call on 01708 861827 and ask away.

Ben

warren_cox

Back from the dead
One unbiased word from me.......

revo

tried quite a few others, but to me the guys at Revo are massively personable, very intent on listening to customer feedback, offer a fantastic range of tuning packs and switching devices to allow user adjustment, and at a very fair price. I'm now on my 3rd Revo'd car and when I nearly chopped the S3 the other weekend I contacted Revo to check if they could map the car (A5 3.0TDi Quattro) as a preliminary check ahead of thinking about buying it. :hide:

Location is critical as has been said above don't be leaving yourself exposed to a 300-400 mile round trip as you will need access to a decent independent dealership to troubleshoot if you have any issues, and also to advise of an intelligent upgrade path for you.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
the other weekend I contacted Revo to check if they could map the car (A5 3.0TDi Quattro) as a preliminary check ahead of thinking about buying it. :hide:

So it was the TDi and not the S5 you were looking at :think:

I know, I know all options....

Stick with the petrol otherwise you'll be moaning about greasy diesel hands indefinately.

Stupid question but why not look at a 6 series, the petrol versions have dropped like a stone (the diesel's holding its value to much).

warren_cox

Back from the dead
So it was the TDi and not the S5 you were looking at :think:

I know, I know all options....

Stick with the petrol otherwise you'll be moaning about greasy diesel hands indefinately.

Stupid question but why not look at a 6 series, the petrol versions have dropped like a stone (the diesel's holding its value to much).

A mate who worked at Audi had a massively specced A5 3.0TDi Quattro come into his dealership, so I said I'd go and see it, but I really preferred the S5. I went and drove it in the name of impartiality and open-mindedness, but firstly it had red leather which isn't really my scene, secondly it felt pretty slow, and final nail in the coffin was my monthly payment to VW Finance would have gone up to £775 from £425 which is just too much.

I'm open to try anything once, but it just wasn't the right car for me. He knows how many issues I've had with the S3 so was trying to help me into something else, but at those prices I'd rather have issues!!! Also as my loan agreement is only 20 months in, even though I'd put in a maximum 30% cash deposit I was only just ahead of 'break even' on the finance balance because of the heavy front end depreciation so I wasn't going to get shufted twice. Felt like a quality product, but strangely a step back in performance and fun.

My wife hates BMW's with a passion from a design perspective, so to convince her into one will be a hell of a job. I'd quite like a newer shape 335Cd (and a spare cheap petrol track day hack in reserve!). The 6 series is a steal at the moment, but a friend who had an M6 sold it in less than 3 months and went back to a 2nd hand M3CSL as he found it dull and old-manish. Haven't driven one myself, so can't comment, but how can 0-100 in 10s feel bad?!?!? And you can't Revo it!!!!

ballenapene

Ben

Well done for actually taking the time to reply to the OP :clap::clap:, even if its just sales talk as such, I feel many on here get custom just by word of mouth, which is great, however many only ever have one remap by one company, so dont know any better. Certain companies seem to get business, as the users on here give it to them, and not due to actual ability, I have to admit I've only heard good things about AMD, and your reply backs up that by taking the time to reply with a little more detail than most!

Oh, and guess what, AMD got a sale out of it... lesson learned? :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.