Whooshy DV-New news

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok before people start saying its not possible it now is! (or soon will be). Two very large (and respected) pipe work and DV manufacturers have got together and solved the problem of the whooshy DV.

The cars do throw up a fualt code but thats it they wont put the car into limp mode or anything that will effect the performance (apart from the fact the Re-circ are better performance wise). With regard to the fault code if you change a part the ecu is going to think its differnt anyway. Kits are already out there but they are re-branding them (and putting the price up i guess)

I will be testing one very soon and will be running a mixture of Re-circ for racing and putting the atmos on for show etc.

Watch this psace for new news and developments

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
i have fettled arround with an atmos dv and had it working for ages, never hit limp mode at all, on a 225 leon now and running great :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
How's the air/fuel ratio RickC

it's not all about fault codes - running too rich will be the demise of your turbo & cat

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Only of your running a DV relocation pipe (part of the kit there doing) i think its only for the 225 1.8t at the mo but not 100%

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You need to do something about the missing air - otherwise you'll have the fuelling issues

easy to ignore tho if you just want to sound the part & not give 2 monkey's

seems a waste tho

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
if you're not worried about fault codes/cel's just unplug the maf, atmos DV will the work fine and fuel correctly but you'll get the annoying cel/tc light on

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it won't fuel correctly as it'll revert back to a known to be 'safe' rich map

so it'll run rich & still bugger it all up.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
with the maf unplugged it should take readings from the map sensor and lambda sensors to fuel correctly, something called "speed density" IIRC was on vwvortex

either way its never gonna be the optimal set up

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
m0rk said:
How's the air/fuel ratio RickC

it's not all about fault codes - running too rich will be the demise of your turbo & cat

the hole that is left on the intake pipe should not be plugged, instead a small filter , this is after the maf so extra fuel fron the atmos dv combines with extra air from second filter not read by maf which counteract one another and work, the dv also needs some minor ajustments.

if your not interested then dont criticise,

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
if your not interested then dont criticise
many many people are interested,but surely some informed,constructive crititsm,should be welcomed,no one wants you to cronk your engine just because you haven't seen all sides of an argument. :confused:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise