Whooshy DV-New news

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
ibizacupra said:
:roflmao: bollox...

yes they are! ;)

think of the downside of pipes with filters on the end of them and the serious dirt they get clogged with rapidly. Then ask which is the proper Cold Air Induction system. - I sell more than a few Large Green Filters for the likes of Carbonio, AEM, ABD induction kits cos their filters are blinded with shite and knackered. Good whennew, but degrade very fast in their low, inner wheel arch/wing locations.

Bollox as you put it mate. The CAI is a filter configuration, not weather its as good as other systems. CAI kits refer to kits with a pipe that moves the filter away from the heat not ones that bring cold air to it.

Shock_Xe

Scotty_b said:
I must of missed where this became a free for all on slagging them off and not following the point of this thread!
ALL IM DOING IS TELLING PEOPLE WHAT THE MULTI MILLION POUND MANUFACTURES ARE BRINGING OUT AFTER TESTING AND APPROVING!

I give up i really do, its worse than being at work, no one will give anything chance.

frustrating being on the other side of it isnt it

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
who is this multi million pound company by the way?

i just cant see it working, but hey wait and see :)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Shock_Xe said:
frustrating being on the other side of it isnt it

No not really. Have you read PABS write up on his exhaust fitting? Maybe you should take some notes to find out how a real company works and threats the customers and what benifits it gets them. First key point you may want to write down is "THEY WERE THERE!"

In fact heres the link:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58655

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Cant say saul, but one is the original manufacturer in there area and the other has been around for many many years and most turbo cars run both of there gear, shouldnt be too hard to guess!

Shock_Xe

Scotty_b said:
No not really. Have you read PABS write up on his exhaust fitting? Maybe you should take some notes to find out how a real company works and threats the customers and what benifits it gets them. First key point you may want to write down is "THEY WERE THERE!"

In fact heres the link:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58655

hahahha, actually I follow all your comments, as you feel the need to slate it every time you get the oppurtunity regardless of our efforts to try and resolve it.... thus the frustration I mentioned. Plus I wasnt aware of a fitting was an Issue??? Or are you finding issues with that also now too??

Back on topic The Wooshy DV has been tried long ago and many times over, when I firsat joined this forum 3+years ago they tried Throttle Body re-located Forge Dv's, Part Recirc/Part Atmos Hybrid Dv's, Sequential valves, different springs, different locations and every configuration imagineable. In basic terms without reprogramming the ECU any DV which is atmos will have some negative effect some way or another

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Scotty_b said:
Bollox as you put it mate. The CAI is a filter configuration, not weather its as good as other systems. CAI kits refer to kits with a pipe that moves the filter away from the heat not ones that bring cold air to it.

CAI standing for Cold Air Induction does it not ;)

Same thing.. Dynatwist, BMC CDA, RamAir, TTDA are all CAI's as are Carbonio, ABD, AEM, but the latter are also refered to as LAN (which I have no clue what that means)

I do kinda know what the differences are :p :D

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
ibizacupra said:
CAI standing for Cold Air Induction does it not ;)

Same thing.. Dynatwist, BMC CDA, RamAir, TTDA are all CAI's as are Carbonio, ABD, AEM, but the latter are also refered to as LAN (which I have no clue what that means)

I do kinda know what the differences are :p :D

You know nothing!!! Only joken
LAN?? Never heard then called than before is it a yank thing?

I have always taken CAI's t be units that move the filter out of the engine bay techically (Well futher away from the heat source anyway), which is what makes them differnt to induction kits.

Shock_Xe

Scotty_b said:
"regardless of our efforts to try and resolve it"
what efforts! how long has it been and what have you done?

You have recieved individual Pm's which have been confirmed as recieved as have everyone else involved with regards to this, as promised.

But as we can see no answer is going to be enough for you. End of Discussion, this is not the place for it

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Back top the whooshy dv...

I tried a HKS on my car... all appeared well for the first 1000 miles or so, well, apart from the fault on the ecu and the occasional whiff of petrol, but no performance seemed to be lost, a view echoed by others that went in the car.

That was the first 1000 miles or so...

After that - soft limp mode after any gear change requring more throttle position than the weight of a feather would give.

Result? Bye bye HKS valve! stayed with the recirc valve ever since.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Scotty_b said:
You know nothing!!! Only joken
LAN?? Never heard then called than before is it a yank thing?

I have always taken CAI's t be units that move the filter out of the engine bay techically (Well futher away from the heat source anyway), which is what makes them differnt to induction kits.

Aye.
Cone filters open in engine bays called induction kits vs CAI ducted cold air jobbies..

ABD LAN, probably an american thing like you say.. answers on a postcard. :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Regardless of whether a CAI is cold air or what, i thought the point and topic of this thread was for a "Wooshy sound".
Christ, who cares HOW it happens, if you want the SOUND (which can be the ONLY possible reason for buying a BOV) then does it matter what gives the noise?
CAI, dv, little circuit board? Who cares!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I also have to agree, that on my 2000 post (this one!) after being a member on here, and loads of other forums for a few years, that a BOV just doesnt work.
I am open minded - if a company develop one that works then fine - but the point as made above -
the car EXPECTS air to be recirculated. At some point, whether it makes a noise or not, SOME air has to be recirculated. Otherwise the car wont work the way it is intended, and damage could occur.

I really dont see the point for a noise. Really dont.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok can this thread be closed as its a waste of time. Bailey and Samco have spent a year developing these kits, if you want to burry your head in the sand and not know whats out there dont listen.

It may work for us it not work, the proof is in the pudding, but seeing a sthe have RD'd it for a year im sure they have adressed the main issues we have!. Everyone keeps saying "This is the 100th time ive said this" Well read the post first then see what its about! I could write it all day long on any thread!

Shock_Xe

CupraR-Rog said:
Back top the whooshy dv...

I tried a HKS on my car... all appeared well for the first 1000 miles or so, well, apart from the fault on the ecu and the occasional whiff of petrol, but no performance seemed to be lost, a view echoed by others that went in the car.

That was the first 1000 miles or so...

After that - soft limp mode after any gear change requring more throttle position than the weight of a feather would give.

Result? Bye bye HKS valve! stayed with the recirc valve ever since.

And me, (was my valve) Myself Rog and Iceman tried it and no joy, I got it sitting in rog's house :( Waste of money that was

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
m0rk said:
if you don't block the turbo outlet side hole, won't you have a boost leak?

No the hole where the air re circulates to back into the turbo before it is pressureised. :blink: :blink:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
From what i have gathered from my source is that the combination of twin piston DV and relocation and some other bits (not found out what they are yet!) results in the system working within and i can only presume in this 20%.

yep mine is twin piston too :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members