Whooshy DV-New news

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Scotty_b said:
Ok can this thread be closed as its a waste of time. Bailey and Samco have spent a year developing these kits

Your absolutely right it will be interesting to see if Bailey and Samco release the product, it will also be interesting to see what assurances they make.

I think the point from people on here is that Worx and HKS (to name but two) etc have produced products that haven't worked properly. You may have expected more from these manufacturers.

Guess time will tell. Waiting with baited breath as stated before [B)] :D

Shock_Xe

Ruddmeister said:
I think the point from people on here is that Worx and HKS (to name but two) etc have produced products that haven't worked properly. You may have expected more from these manufacturers.

Guess time will tell. Waiting with baited breath as stated before [B)] :D

Ditto

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If they are confident about their development and their product.

How about suggesting to Samco/Bailey, would they be prepared to supply the new product for a trial period to say 20 forum members to trial the product for them for a specified period of time.

If it works great, they'll no doubt make a lot of sales from it, if it doesn't then the public don't get taken for the ride.

As the trouble most people have with untried and untested products is forking out a wedge of cash, then only to find it doesn't do what was promised, and it turns into an expensive paper weight.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Sorry Scott if my posts were taken the wrong way, I was just messing in truth.

There have been people with bailey valves for years saying they've had no problems, but most I know of have gone back to recirc and not regretted it.

I've gone of the sound peronally, but then I'm going off turbo'd engines full stop, and it's looking like my next one will be supercharged.

Pete

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
ibizacupra said:
LOL.. I thought every LCR owner 'was' on here.. :)
where else would they be :p

I agree Bill :D If they aint here then, they should be.

I think the majority of people would have faith with several people on this forum trialing products in the open arena, for us all to see, and we know they are people who would do a proper trial, not just say ooh it whooshes so it must work scenario.

Rather than a few LCR owners who are not sharing their findings with anyone but the manufacturers.

Thats just my opinion though. Makes no odds to me, cause i wouldn't have one even if they did work :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Is this going to be a Bailey Samco product as such?

If they're behind the product it would be a good PR exercise to trial them on forum LCR cars chipped and non chipped to see if all works well or not.

Is this possible do you think?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yea. it would be that.

if they're confident the testing is conclusive...

Be interesting.. maybe its true and does what it says on the tin. You never know.

CHR1S

IbIzA Mk1 ClXi 1.2
Apr 11, 2005
ibizacupra said:
yea. it would be that.

if they're confident the testing is conclusive...

Be interesting.. maybe its true and does what it says on the tin. You never know.

yeah, stranger things have happened...!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
This isnt limited to LCRS, Golfs and TT's are being tested as well as few skodas.

I will ask my mate nxt time i see him what test there doin gon it.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
The thing is, its not easy to judge whether its a success or failure.

Simply fitting it and finding that the car feels the same and doesn't feel any less powerful doesn't mean that everything is right. You'd need a good wideband lambda probe and lots of time on a rolling road.

A simple power run on a RR wont be enough, you'd need to also check the fueling during throttle transitions too (ie. when applying the throttle and lifting off).

There also probably 100's of other things that could/should be checked on the ECU but Max_Torque is probably the only one that knows about most of them.

Ben

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Is this the same Bailey one that was binned after a year of research,

End of day, if you like the whoosh so much then buy a fire extinguisher, Most of the big boys don't bother. Plus the DV noise is so Chav nower days. I prefer the noise coming out of my exhaust. Seeing the difference made just by altering between the Bailey DV30 and a Forge 007, i am confident even a small difference in the DV can cause a problemm in running.

Personally until someone comes forward with testing and proof of no adverse effects then i will stick with the re-circ. Been too many of these so called "Breakthrough" threads over the years!

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Ant FR said:
Personally until someone comes forward with testing and proof of no adverse effects then i will stick with the re-circ. Been too many of these so called "Breakthrough" threads over the years!

Yeah but it is still interesting to see what they have come up with?

Will we be seeing any concrete details of it this year?

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
I was just having a rummage around when I found this old chestnut

Last post by me 30-05-2005 09:26

I take it was a failure then :think:

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.