Who's had their leon TDI's remapped?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
If you have can you tell me the positives, any negatives and the spec of your car before and after as im getting my car done this week :D

cheers guys :p

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
i heard about the smoke thing, thats whats putting me off a little...chances are i will coz im used to the power now and its not as quick as i once thought.

jamiebennett81

using Diesel optimax helps, cleaner fuel and less smoke

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
screw it....the maps getting done :p got a feeling it wont be regretted when im leaving the saxo and corsa crowd in the dust :p :L

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Got a remap. More power, worse MPG and more smoke. Smoke I can deal with (its a diesel after all ;) ), more power isnt an issue either. The worse MPG however I really should get looked at, but time has never been on my side.

Fish

jamiebennett81

Got a remap. More power, worse MPG and more smoke. Smoke I can deal with (its a diesel after all ;) ), more power isnt an issue either. The worse MPG however I really should get looked at, but time has never been on my side.

Fish

worse mpg?

not on mine it aint, get around 200 miles more on the remap then when it was standard, even with the occassaional booting it

jamiebennett81

yeah i know jamie ive been told your mpg increases...

Definitely. The average MPG builds much quicker, and is better in heavy town driving, as most of my driving in the morning to work is in very heavy traffic. MPG results are consistently excellent

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
ok its booked for the morning of the 3rd of august, their coming to my door to do it so i couldnt be more chuffed!:D:D

jamiebennett81

hoggy90 said:
ok its booked for the morning of the 3rd of august, their coming to my door to do it so i couldnt be more chuffed!:D:D

Who you going with?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
Angel tuning jamie, the guy gave me some figures from previous leon tdi's they have done and its pretty impressive and the guys couldnt have been more helpful tbh so they get my pick :)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
like this one
rr.jpg
LOL

would rather have a remap and the dyno run together to see the gains

what are they charging you?

andycupra

status subject to change
regards mpg.

if you have a remap (and not just one of these boxes that simply increases the amount of diesel injected across the rev range) then if you drive LIKE FOR LIKE you should not see a decrease in MPG, - usually you will get slightly more MPG as the standard map is conservative and 'safe' mand able to run on crap fuel.

However, the main benefit of a remap is more power is available. More power means more fuel and so if you boot it all the time then yes it will use more, - but you are forgetting that as its more powerful you have also been accelerating at a faster rate, going faster etc. so its not like for like driving.

If you get worse MPG this will usually be that you are simply tapping into the extra power regularly.

jamiebennett81

andycupra said:
regards mpg.

if you have a remap (and not just one of these boxes that simply increases the amount of diesel injected across the rev range) then if you drive LIKE FOR LIKE you should not see a decrease in MPG, - usually you will get slightly more MPG as the standard map is conservative and 'safe' mand able to run on crap fuel.

However, the main benefit of a remap is more power is available. More power means more fuel and so if you boot it all the time then yes it will use more, - but you are forgetting that as its more powerful you have also been accelerating at a faster rate, going faster etc. so its not like for like driving.

If you get worse MPG this will usually be that you are simply tapping into the extra power regularly.

Amen to that :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise