MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

BEN_GR33N

Nov 25, 2010
Still waiting for my Cupra to be built, hoping for 'build week 30' but apparently the factory is on shut down between 31st July and 28th Aug, so if its not built then I'm in for a long wait :(

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
When did you order ben? I'm almost at the 20 week mark for my order mid March. My car left the factory 4th July so I hope I'll get it soon.

BEN_GR33N

Nov 25, 2010
When did you order ben? I'm almost at the 20 week mark for my order mid March. My car left the factory 4th July so I hope I'll get it soon.

Ordered 9th June and was originally told it would be around 21 weeks leadtime! however I seem to be well ahead of that schedule.

Upthere

Jul 10, 2017
Ordered 9th June and was originally told it would be around 21 weeks leadtime! however I seem to be well ahead of that schedule.

My order went in the week before and was told a possible build week of 36. But to ring this week for a confirmed BW

BEN_GR33N

Nov 25, 2010
If similar lead time to me, you'll get the car around 23rd August...

What spec have you gone for?

That'd be nice, I've been told I'll get an update at the end of next week when hopefully it should be built.

Spec wise, I've ordered a Leon CUPRA SC DSG, in Mystery Blue, only option added was Keyless entry, which comes with the connecting box and wireless charging.

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
Finally found a moment to take a couple of photos of the new arrival.

Literally only done 100km so still getting used to the changes and features.

One question about the Start/Stop. Is it connected to the front radar because it's a hell of a coincidence that it restarts in traffic when the car in front starts to move. I can't find anything in the manual that mentions this.

Anyway. Tis a hell of a car all in all. I am not disappointed in my choice (did consider a Gti). These things are very rapid and I'm being very gentle too. (I'm also very old so tend to drive like it)
f8cf0942f42d01cf7586c0140dc4d30d.jpg
8b83e9a42a914e7e61acfae024a68b5f.jpg
1b3fdea4666d48fb7b78ec42335377d5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Upthere

Jul 10, 2017
Love that colour!
I'm pretty sure the stop start works on you touching the accelerator pedal.

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
Love that colour!
I'm pretty sure the stop start works on you touching the accelerator pedal.
It works like any other start/stop but it appears to use the front sensor when in traffic. It may just be a coincidence but I tested it on my way to work this morning and 9 times out of ten it restarted when the car in front started to move off without me touching anything.
I know the system will restart the car itself under certain conditions and its done that too. It just seems to do it a hell of a lot when the car ahead begins to move.

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
The radar seems to be more sensitive than that. It restarts the engine when the car two in front starts to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
It works like any other start/stop but it appears to use the front sensor when in traffic. It may just be a coincidence but I tested it on my way to work this morning and 9 times out of ten it restarted when the car in front started to move off without me touching anything.
I know the system will restart the car itself under certain conditions and its done that too. It just seems to do it a hell of a lot when the car ahead begins to move.

I've not noticed this with mine. But I tend to have already started moving again by then.

I'm going to test this out.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
The radar seems to be more sensitive than that. It restarts the engine when the car two in front starts to move.

Do you have adaptive cruise? Think that's standard on vag vehicles. Still subject to various criteria.

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
Do you have adaptive cruise? Think that's standard on vag vehicles. Still subject to various criteria.

Same here. Have checked the start/stop messages and it's definitely the front radar restarting when the car ahead moves off. Strange that I have not read about this anywhere and can't find a reference in the manual.
Tis a great feature though. My new favourite (apart from 300bhp)

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
http://www.seat.com/datamanual-manual/leon/my18_w22/en-uk/LEON_05_17_EN.pdf

Vehicles with an automatic gearbox
If the vehicle is equipped with automatic gearbox, the ACC can brake the vehicle until it stops completely if a vehicle in front of it stops.
[bold]The ACC will still be available for a few seconds. The vehicle will restart by itself if the vehicle in front moves (traffic jam assistant).[/bold]

madvello

Jul 6, 2017
Estonia
I will add mine new Cupra ST 4drive (color ICE SILVER) from Estonia.
Options: electrical driver seat, Kessy, ACC, Tehnology pack 4 (includes everything what I need), NAV system + Full Link. I miss heated front glass, but plan to add later Webasto or something similar.

Last Seat was more then 10 year ago (Seat Leon Top Sport 110kw 1.9TDI) during last 10 years I have a Skoda Octavia's. 2 RS models (petrols) and last Octavia 3 TDI DSG 135Kw 4x4.
I looked a long time Golf R Variant, but price differents in Estonian market is very big. Same options (almost) means for Golf R Variant 43-45k euros, Cupra 34k euros with discounts.

So far very happy with Cupra. Next week I will do noise reduction, as Seat Sound system can handle more power, but doors not.
Not sure can I post the image or not.

uploadDOTee/image/7244467/DSC_0217.JPG

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
If the vehicle is equipped with automatic gearbox, the ACC can brake the vehicle until it stops completely if a vehicle in front of it stops.
[bold]The ACC will still be available for a few seconds. The vehicle will restart by itself if the vehicle in front moves (traffic jam assistant).[/bold]

I saw that entry but assumed you need the ACC active. The situation for me is just stopping behind a car myself, the engine turning off, then back on as the car in front moves off. I was initially convinced it was coincidence but seems its a feature...and a good one.
Too much tech in these cars for my old brain I reckon :headhurt:

In other news, freshly cleaned car parked at work. Seems a flock of seagulls who had been fed a very hot curry flew overhead and emptied themselves all down one side of the car.
Guess what I'm doing today?

Last edited:

madvello

Jul 6, 2017
Estonia

What I have tested it. It will stop fully, but to start moving you must press again the ACC switch. It will move automatically, it the stop is only few seconds. If longer then you must press ACC switch (same move as you want to activate it).
But no need for gas or something, very easy when you are in the traffic jam.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I saw that entry but assumed you need the ACC active. The situation for me is just stopping behind a car myself, the engine turning off, then back on as the car in front moves off. I was initially convinced it was coincidence but seems its a feature...and a good one.
Too much tech in these cars for my old brain I reckon :headhurt:

In other news, freshly cleaned car parked at work. Seems a flock of seagulls who had been fed a very hot curry flew overhead and emptied themselves all down one side of the car.
Guess what I'm doing today?

That's the way I read it too. Might depend on whether ACC is cancelled or fully off?
Don't have ACC but have used it recently in hire car (Passat) but never noticed this.

sheffield

Jan 11, 2017
Came today! Went out for a spin but so many roadworks around me, I maybe got up to 34mph.

The Larger screen and full link is awesome, and the finish even compared to my MY14 184FR is very good value for money.

And the DSG Fart, quality!

Will post pictures tomorrow.