MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
As posted here on Saturday the ST is unaffected by MY19 changes and WLTP and remains 300PS.

Only the 2WD versions will be 290PS.

I really wish people would stop posting incorrect information as fact and confusing people.

Or just have a proper read of the rest of the forum :)

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Looking online and the price i have signed up to, the lux is cheaper with more equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
How noticeable will the 10bhp less be in the 290?
I ordered a 300 dsg 5 door hatch almost 3 weeks ago so no doubt my order will be being changed to a 290.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
How noticeable will the 10bhp less be in the 290?
I ordered a 300 dsg 5 door hatch almost 3 weeks ago so no doubt my order will be being changed to a 290.
Sounds like it will be a 290 but scrogg has provided details to confirm this for yourself.

I guess it's going to be hard for you to test these out yourself, but I guess it depends on you as a driver, and the type of driving you'll be doing.

I have a 280 manual and have driven a S3 DSG and test driven a 300 DSG.

They all felt fast. The DSG will have added an edge because it's alot quicker than I am at shifting and it added alot more character to the exhaust which enhanced the experience, but I'd probably have to drive them back to back again to decide.

- There are claims that the stock engines produce
more than the claimed figures

- Due to the limitations of FWD the 0-62 aren't much different, especially in real world terms.

-Even the CUPRA at 310 BHP (manual) doesn't boast much better figures and it's DSG equivalent is still at 300 BHP

- there are videos showing a 280 as being quicker than a 300bhp golf R around a track

The only thing that may be noticeable could be the differences in torque, which may make the 300 and 290 feel different.

What I'm saying is for everyday driving I can't imagine it would be a problem for the average driver.

I'm not going to cancel my order over it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Wow super annoyed.

Bearing in mind I placed my order on the 19th Feb, I have now been told my car will not be arriving in the UK until October at the earliest!!!

That is absolutely shocking and very very tempted just to bin the whole thing and cancel.

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Wow super annoyed.

Bearing in mind I placed my order on the 19th Feb, I have now been told my car will not be arriving in the UK until October at the earliest!!!

That is absolutely shocking and very very tempted just to bin the whole thing and cancel.
I sent them a complaint wanting answers, I'm waiting for a reply. I'm the same as you ordered mid February, car should have been built and delivered by July and not heard a single thing no communication nothing. Totally unacceptable that you order something they change what you order and don't even contact you to inform you and ask you if you still want it.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Wow super annoyed.

At least you’ll get the 2019 model, did you have any extras? I did and i can potentially upgrade to the lux pack with more additions but for a cheaper car

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Wow super annoyed.

That is pretty bad, but seen as I placed my order October 2017 and expect delivery in December 2018 it could be worse :)

If you still want the car definitely push for answers and good will gestures too.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
At least you’ll get the 2019 model, did you have any extras? I did and i can potentially upgrade to the lux pack with more additions but for a cheaper car

That's true, it's just a shame that the shiny new MY19 has no notable upgrades (yet to be confirmed) and a detuned engine.

Doesn't sound like the integrated WLAN feature has been confirmed for MY19 yet either.

How are you able to upgrade to the lux without further delaying your order?

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
That's true, it's just a shame that the shiny new MY19 has no notable upgrades (yet to be confirmed) and a detuned engine.

Doesn't sound like the integrated WLAN feature has been confirmed for MY19 yet either.

How are you able to upgrade to the lux without further delaying your order?

I spoke to my dealer last night who said it “shouldn’t” be a problem, as the specs are changing to the MY19 you should be able to change your order without affecting the lead time, i do hope so

They have removed a few things from MY19 though like no option to add seat sound or a reversing camera

https://listers.co.uk/new/cars/seat/leon/2.0_tsi_290_cupra_lux_[ez]/85109

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I spoke to my dealer last night who said it “shouldn’t” be a problem, as the specs are changing to the MY19 you should be able to change your order without affecting the lead time, i do hope so

They have removed a few things from MY19 though like no option to add seat sound or a reversing camera

https://listers.co.uk/new/cars/seat/leon/2.0_tsi_290_cupra_lux_[ez]/85109

Oh ok fair enough.

They're two options I'd added to my order, I could do without the camera but the SS is a must this time around.

Tbh apart from the the addition of AC and winter pack the lux package didn't seem all that enticing.

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
I’m a little confused. Are we now saying the lux pack is included as standard on MY19? Or an optional pack available at extra cost?

I’ve got in touch with Seat but no response as of yet and my dealer doesn’t know. Had ordered with just Seat Sound so trying to work out what I’ll end up with.

The other concern is the delays. I’ve heard nothing but given people who ordered in Feb are being told Oct at the earliest, I’m not sure my Apr order with quoted Oct looks that safe anymore.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
I’m a little confused. Are we now saying the lux pack is included as standard on MY19? Or an optional pack available at extra cost?

I’ve got in touch with Seat but no response as of yet and my dealer doesn’t know. Had ordered with just Seat Sound so trying to work out what I’ll end up with.

The other concern is the delays. I’ve heard nothing but given people who ordered in Feb are being told Oct at the earliest, I’m not sure my Apr order with quoted Oct looks that safe anymore.

I may be wrong, the way i see it there are now two variants of the 5 door hatch cupra, standard (£29,525) and lux (£30,635) both are available with metallic paint at no cost option,

I have also been told that they have stopped production of the current 300 until the WLTP has taken place and then it will go to the 290, plus im sure the factory shuts in August as i said i may be wrong

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

It was posted on here that the lux was an additional model available in MY19.

SEAT CS have called me today to ask if I am willing to accept the MY19 290 BHP version of the CUPRA. Any further changes to my order would cause further delays.

I'm on contract hire though so they have had to cancel my order and place new whenever I wanted a spec change.

All I have is confirmation of acceptance by the factory - no build weeks yet.

At this stage from the outside it's seemingly random so you're better off waiting to hear from your dealership or SEAT. Some customers on here are at the same stage of order as me and they ordered 2-3 months prior to me.

Mine was placed on the 23rd of May this time.

Jamilarov

May 9, 2018
Ok, I have finally received build confirmation of my order made on April 9th. Build week 27, car should be available on week 30. Cupra ST in manual with orange eclipse color. One of the last manual cupra ever. :) No WLTP, no GPF, 300 horse power...this made my day. I hope you guys have good news soon from your dealer.

Fletch300

May 30, 2018
There seems to be no correlation between order date and build week. I ordered on 10th April and my car was built week 23. It's now at port in Barcelona awaiting transport to Grimsby. Cupra 300 5 door dsg with a few options. Contract hire from main dealer. I obviously got lucky!

Reactions: Matt-taylor
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members