Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
A little more realistic photo...

MY18 Cupra_2.jpg

'Borrowed' from here...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...de=wn24bn&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Votes on whether I should do red or blue next :D

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Guys can people who recently ordered please confirm if Beats is now default and Seat Sound has been discontinued?

PS: Who the flip thought it would be a good idea to put a copper S badge on the standard 2019 model? It does not suit the car at all... what a baffling design decision.

AlexOS

Last edited:

AlexOS

imo it looks garish, boy-racery and cheapens the overall look of the car. It is simply tacky.
The R ST in general, or 4Drive badge?

I know that now they don’t sell the 2wd ST in the UK, but when I ordered, they did, and I want something to differentiate, although they could surely have come up with a badge a bit better than that.... it does look like an ‘oh ****, we forgot to make a badge.... that’ll do” moment...

AlexOS

Obviously I mean the copper badges. :)
I don't think there are many people on these 300 pages of comments who actually like it... We see to have agreed that we have no choice in the matter, and in some cases will immediately replace/wrap the badges...
I think we all agree though, that like it or not, it was a seriously dodgy decision my Seat to make such a change without speaking to the customers first..

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
I don't think there are many people on these 300 pages of comments who actually like it... We see to have agreed that we have no choice in the matter, and in some cases will immediately replace/wrap the badges...
I think we all agree though, that like it or not, it was a seriously dodgy decision my Seat to make such a change without speaking to the customers first..
Completely agree, whoever made the decision needs their head checking. Is it easy to replace the front badges?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Had a terrible night’s sleep worrying about copper badges...

I was going to wrap or replace with painted gloss black emblems, but the German site states that their painted versions are for cars without ACC only. I was under the impression that the radar sensor was still in the lower grille section, unlike VW/Merc etc where the front badge is the sensor - is this correct?

Also, I’ve specced rear parking camera, which again will make things difficult with respect to paint/wrap - anyone done this?

Reactions: AlexOS

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Guys can people who recently ordered please confirm if Beats is now default and Seat Sound has been discontinued?

PS: Who the flip thought it would be a good idea to put a copper S badge on the standard 2019 model? It does not suit the car at all... what a baffling design decision.
I don't think Beats Audio is available on the Leon now?

I ordered Seat Sound on my car (back in May) and it is being built with Beats Audio, but as far as I know there is no option for either on current orders. It is similar with the rear view camera, it IS available on the Xcellence and Xcellence Lux but not as an option. Though people that ordered them prior to SEAT's marketing team losing the plot will get one I believe.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Had a terrible night’s sleep worrying about copper badges...

I was going to wrap or replace with painted gloss black emblems, but the German site states that their painted versions are for cars without ACC only. I was under the impression that the radar sensor was still in the lower grille section, unlike VW/Merc etc where the front badge is the sensor - is this correct?

Also, I’ve specced rear parking camera, which again will make things difficult with respect to paint/wrap - anyone done this?
First I’ve heard they’re doing that. I’d be surprised if they do due to how much they’d have to redo at this late stage in the models life. But hey they’re also sticking copper on the car so who knows.

However I would be very surprised if the radar was impacted by a vinyl wrap. It’s a more powerful version of the parking sensors, and I’ve wrapped the front my 280 so I could hide the number plate holes when I fitted my short plate, and the parking sensors worked fine.

AlexOS

Sorry to bring this up again but are these the design changes you were hinting at from the inside regarding the copper S and flags?

I.e steering wheel and Kick plates?
4a77bfaa03a0ef6bb8d166cd2de1b5cf.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Again, I really hope that they don’t get rid of the flags from the inside, it’s not as if they haven’t already produced them in black for the inside, as Lmbarrett83‘s picture shows.. they’ve already done it for the steering wheel and the illuminated kickplates..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.