MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

richw

Dec 9, 2018
I've put down a deposit on a non-Lux MY19 model, but for a tiny bit more I can get the Lux pack. I'm unsure of the leather seats - I'm guessing they don't hold you as well as the alcantara seats but is there much of a difference?

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
I've put down a deposit on a non-Lux MY19 model, but for a tiny bit more I can get the Lux pack. I'm unsure of the leather seats - I'm guessing they don't hold you as well as the alcantara seats but is there much of a difference?
Hi, I thought exactly the same leather just didn’t appeal to me when I sat in one. I have two mates that have 18 plate Cupra’s that have alcantara seats, I have been in cars around the ring so supportive and comfortable so I went this option knowing it works.

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
Hi, I thought exactly the same leather just didn’t appeal to me when I sat in one. I have two mates that have 18 plate Cupra’s that have alcantara seats, I have been in cars around the ring so supportive and comfortable so I went this option knowing it works.
I've had the alcantara for the last 4 years in my 1.8 FR and they are very comfortable & supportive seats. They also look very similar to the Cupra seats so I'm guessing this might be partly why they stopped offering them on the FR variant as an option a good year or so back. LUX pack is very good value & the seats do look very comfortable.

JoeG

Dec 9, 2018
Collecting my my19 Cupra st on Wednesday. Ordered it about 10 months ago. Bit disappointed that Seat have decided to paint the break callipers black as standard now rather than red. Still flipping excited though!

Andy H

Nov 21, 2018
St Helens
Collecting my my19 Cupra st on Wednesday. Ordered it about 10 months ago. Bit disappointed that Seat have decided to paint the break callipers black as standard now rather than red. Still flipping excited though!

I signed for mine 3 weeks ago stoneacre had a few Lux in order and I needed something quickly to replace my A45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My ST 300 4drive has arrived at the dealers.. Unfortunately it's covered by four inches of snow currently, so no pictures. I shall be getting it early January, because of taxation changes (yet again in Finland) .. Well at least there's plenty of time to get the engine heater installed and get it pretty and cleaned.

Oh, and this one's my fourth Leon Cupra overall:

2009 240hp Cupra 1P
2014 280hp Cupra 5F
2016 290hp Cupra ST 5F8
2019 300hp Cupra ST 4Drive 5F8
Will be interesting to hear your take on handling and performance of the 4 drive vs the 2 FWD’s.

Will be interesting to hear your take on handling and performance of the 4 drive vs the 2 FWD’s.

Probably you'll get first impressions of driving on snow and ice first... I currently live on the Arctic Circle, Lapland (not Crapland as the British tabloids posted a week ago). Plenty of snow outside.. I bet it'll be a blast in the snow. I loved the FWD and the Front Diff with the proper handbrake (yuk, is the only word for the electric one).. I am of a rallying people you know :1st:

But I can't imagine the 4drive being faster on grippy tarmac. At least when I test drove one in 2017 it was not as exciting out of turns compared to my manual fwd... A bit too easy to handle.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Probably you'll get first impressions of driving on snow and ice first... I currently live on the Arctic Circle, Lapland (not Crapland as the British tabloids posted a week ago). Plenty of snow outside.. I bet it'll be a blast in the snow. I loved the FWD and the Front Diff with the proper handbrake (yuk, is the only word for the electric one).. I am of a rallying people you know :1st:
Of course I should of taken note of the flag, however that many people now use Proxy's I've learned to ignore them haha.

But I can't imagine the 4drive being faster on grippy tarmac. At least when I test drove one in 2017 it was not as exciting out of turns compared to my manual fwd... A bit too easy to handle.
Okay Solution is more power hahaha

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
Is anyone else thinking about fitting the OEM Cupra flag to the rear? I'm thinking about this but unsure as I've been quoted £50 for the parts. I wouldn't have selected to delete the badge from factory.

Reactions: Mystery290

AlexOS

Is anyone else thinking about fitting the OEM Cupra flag to the rear? I'm thinking about this but unsure as I've been quoted £50 for the parts. I wouldn't have selected to delete the badge from factory.
You have a 5 door or ST?

On the ST, either you’d have to move the 4drive badge to the other side at the same time or the badges will be the wrong side.

Also, the standard Cupra badge might look very weird with the copper Seat logo.?

I want to get the copper lettering from the R, but Seat say it’s not available.

Reactions: RZ46

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

That seems expensive for a Cupra Flag Badge and fitting.

@Damo H has taken them off his Carbon ST and was offering them in here but not sure if he still has them. He is also a bit of a whiz with fitting them too.

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England

@Damo H has taken them off his Carbon ST and was offering them in here but not sure if he still has them. He is also a bit of a whiz with fitting them too.
£50 does not include fitting, I was also thinking about how this would look against the the new copper logo. Could get the rear badge professionally wrapped to match the front logo. even easier if the badge isn't on the car to start as I can send it away. I do like the flag so a bit of a dilemma. Its not like I'd be ricing my new car as they've came standard until now.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

My rear 300 badge has already been picked up by someone else on here. The flag part is currently sat outside my back door after another bodged attempt to plastidip it. Think its just to cold outside at the moment :( May just have to buy the front black flag at about £30.

Can't even offer it up as I've removed the black and red bits and filed the surface.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I want to get the copper lettering from the R, but Seat say it’s not available.
You need a R Chassis number as well as evidence that the original part is damaged in some way. The Copper, Carbon and unique bits from the R are made to order by a third party.

For R/Carbon parts I believe they also now require the original damaged parts to be sent back, although that may not apply to badges.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

You need a R Chassis number as well as evidence that the original part is damaged in some way. The Copper, Carbon and unique bits from the R are made to order by a third party.

For R/Carbon parts I believe they also now require the original damaged parts to be sent back, although that may not apply to badges.
Just seems ridiculous for the Cupra lettering as we have the copper Seat badge, but I have the Mystery Blue car so the black Cupra lettering is VERY hard to see in anything except bright sunshine.. it’s really annoying..

The car should have been shipped with copper lettering and black flags front and rear... it’s even more pathetic when you realise how many of the black/silver/red flags are still on the car..

I don’t know about anyone else, but my infotainment system doesn’t have the copper seal logo on it, which is supposed to be part of the week 42 changes.. has anyone else got this?

Reactions: Mystery290 and RZ46

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Just seems ridiculous for the Cupra lettering as we have the copper Seat badge, but I have the Mystery Blue car so the black Cupra lettering is VERY hard to see in anything except bright sunshine.. it’s really annoying..

The car should have been shipped with copper lettering and black flags front and rear... it’s even more pathetic when you realise how many of the black/silver/red flags are still on the car..

I don’t know about anyone else, but my infotainment system doesn’t have the copper seal logo on it, which is supposed to be part of the week 42 changes.. has anyone else got this?
When my infotainment starts up sometimes it displays CUPRA in copper and other times it just skips it. Also when it comes up with the copper cupra screen it looks like there's a dead pixel under the U, but it's not a dead pixel and shows up on other folks pictures I've seen on here. Very strange.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

Weird.. mine was one of the first week 42 cars and the infotainment comes up the the silver Seat logo, it says Seat in Silver and has the Cupra flag underneath..

I have a carista and have tried most of the other start up screens and none have the copper S on.. must have been before they updated the screen on mine.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Ok, here’s a question that I just cannot answer at all and it’s bugging the hell out of me.

My friend has just purchased a ’68 plate mystery blue 300 (it was ordered and delivered to a dealership pre-WLTP debacle so isn’t a 290) and it’s pretty much fully loaded including side skirts and sun roof.

Now…here’s the question…how the hell does it have gloss black plastic on the front fog surrounds, behind the number plate, rear diffuser and also gloss black Cupra spoiler. There are no signs of painting, no trims have been removed and no bolts/bolt heads disturbed from anything.
My mates job is detailing so he knows when parts look to have been removed and painted and according to him 100% haven't been.

As far as I know, there was (and never was) the option for gloss black outer plastic trims on the 290 or 300 (and 290 again) for order in the UK, so how on earth does this car have all these factory fit items? Was there an option in Ireland for this, or even over in Europe?

It’s driving me mad as I’ve never seen it before and it looks so much better than the textured grey/black plastic on every other Cupra.

Reactions: Mystery290

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
As far as I know, there was (and never was) the option for gloss black outer plastic trims on the 290 or 300 (and 290 again) for order in the UK, so how on earth does this car have all these factory fit items? Was there an option in Ireland for this, or even over in Europe?

It’s driving me mad as I’ve never seen it before and it looks so much better than the textured grey/black plastic on every other Cupra.

AFAIK this was an option in The Netherlands. I think it was called black pack. It was also a standard option for the Cupra Black that we're able to order. For the Copra's that option has been removed and everyone who's order a Cupra Black will instead get carbon fibre details in those areas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.