MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
AFAIK this was an option in The Netherlands. I think it was called black pack. It was also a standard option for the Cupra Black that we're able to order. For the Copra's that option has been removed and everyone who's order a Cupra Black will instead get carbon fibre details in those areas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I thought that the Cupra Black was an MY19 option only and it makes your rear spoiler totally different too...not just black.
In Ireland, you could also order the matt paint finish but that got dropped for MY19.
I just don’t get how a UK spec car had them fitted from factory when we can’t order them. Lots of people have painted the rear number plate surround (with varied degrees of success and cost) but if there’s already a Seat part number, why don’t they just buy them instead?

Reactions: Mystery290

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I just don’t get how a UK spec car had them fitted from factory when we can’t order them.
I think you need to understand the process behind actually building the car. The factory will have a build sheet that specifies every single part on the car. If that build sheet calls out gloss black surrounds, either deliberately or inadvertantly, then that's what the car will get.

Now, it may be that this was a mistake in the factory (as with DSG FRs being fitted with steering wheels without paddles) or it could have been due to the factory changing over from grey surrounds to gloss black ones (in advance of the MY19 changeover) due to a lack of stock.

Not every part of the car is subject to an option. For example, few of the people getting there cars now would have expected DSG7 gearboves at the time of odering. I guess the same thing happened with MIB1 / MIB2 entertainments units.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Ok, silly question, but does everybody have the inside background ambient colours that you can change? Is that standard?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I think you need to understand the process behind actually building the car. The factory will have a build sheet that specifies every single part on the car. If that build sheet calls out gloss black surrounds, either deliberately or inadvertantly, then that's what the car will get.

Now, it may be that this was a mistake in the factory (as with DSG FRs being fitted with steering wheels without paddles) or it could have been due to the factory changing over from grey surrounds to gloss black ones (in advance of the MY19 changeover) due to a lack of stock.

Not every part of the car is subject to an option. For example, few of the people getting there cars now would have expected DSG7 gearboves at the time of odering. I guess the same thing happened with MIB1 / MIB2 entertainments units.
Manufacturing on a global scale is something I’m well up on as I’m an Applications Engineer for one of the biggest engine manufacturers in the world...but now I do know what mansplaining feels like (no offence taken btw).
What I was getting at is that we can’t order a Cupra 300 (which was in fact built last April/May time but sat at the rear of a dealership unsold as they changed to Kia from Seat before they took delivery) and was hoping to find someone...anyone...in the UK that had gloss black plastic outer trims. His car May very well be the only UK spec car with all options including roof and side skirts and the above.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok, here’s a question that I just cannot answer at all and it’s bugging the hell out of me.

My friend has just purchased a ’68 plate mystery blue 300 (it was ordered and delivered to a dealership pre-WLTP debacle so isn’t a 290) and it’s pretty much fully loaded including side skirts and sun roof.

Now…here’s the question…how the hell does it have gloss black plastic on the front fog surrounds, behind the number plate, rear diffuser and also gloss black Cupra spoiler. There are no signs of painting, no trims have been removed and no bolts/bolt heads disturbed from anything.
My mates job is detailing so he knows when parts look to have been removed and painted and according to him 100% haven't been.

As far as I know, there was (and never was) the option for gloss black outer plastic trims on the 290 or 300 (and 290 again) for order in the UK, so how on earth does this car have all these factory fit items? Was there an option in Ireland for this, or even over in Europe?

It’s driving me mad as I’ve never seen it before and it looks so much better than the textured grey/black plastic on every other Cupra.
I'd love to see photos of that.

As for the front trims around the fog lights. They'd be really easy for a dealer to remove and repaint, However I don't think that is what has happened. May just be a configuration error that Seat have ordered. The configuration codes must be there behind the scenes.

The plastic trims on the front and rear do let the Cupra down a bit. I can't believe they still left the rear bumper unpainted on the Carbon and R. Less noticeable with the darker colours but its going to get done on this car like I did on the 280.

Last edited:

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
On my pre-week 42 I have an illuminated red flag on the door sills. Out of interest, can I ask what the copra people have instead? Is it an illuminated CUPRA?

Similarly, mine came with footmats with red flags. Again, can I ask what the copra people received?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
On my pre-week 42 I have an illuminated red flag on the door sills. Out of interest, can I ask what the copra people have instead? Is it an illuminated CUPRA?

Similarly, mine came with footmats with red flags. Again, can I ask what the copra people received?
The illuminated door sills said "CUPRA" on mine similar to that on the Cupra Ateca.

Didn't check the mats as they were in a sealed package in the boot. I suspect they'll be the same as yours but someone else would have to confirm for you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brooster89

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
Just seems ridiculous for the Cupra lettering as we have the copper Seat badge, but I have the Mystery Blue car so the black Cupra lettering is VERY hard to see in anything except bright sunshine.. it’s really annoying..

The car should have been shipped with copper lettering and black flags front and rear... it’s even more pathetic when you realise how many of the black/silver/red flags are still on the car..

I don’t know about anyone else, but my infotainment system doesn’t have the copper seal logo on it, which is supposed to be part of the week 42 changes.. has anyone else got this?
Nope silver 's' for me too

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Ok, here’s a question that I just cannot answer at all and it’s bugging the hell out of me.

My friend has just purchased a ’68 plate mystery blue 300 (it was ordered and delivered to a dealership pre-WLTP debacle so isn’t a 290) and it’s pretty much fully loaded including side skirts and sun roof.

Now…here’s the question…how the hell does it have gloss black plastic on the front fog surrounds, behind the number plate, rear diffuser and also gloss black Cupra spoiler. There are no signs of painting, no trims have been removed and no bolts/bolt heads disturbed from anything.
My mates job is detailing so he knows when parts look to have been removed and painted and according to him 100% haven't been.

As far as I know, there was (and never was) the option for gloss black outer plastic trims on the 290 or 300 (and 290 again) for order in the UK, so how on earth does this car have all these factory fit items? Was there an option in Ireland for this, or even over in Europe?

It’s driving me mad as I’ve never seen it before and it looks so much better than the textured grey/black plastic on every other Cupra.

Send me the VIN or reg number and I'll look up the build spec.

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
Take delivery of my long awaited ST 4 Drive tomorrow. Ordered in March as Monsoon Grey now Magnetic. Retained options of buckets, Winter pack, pano roof & upgraded audio...Beats in lieu of SEAT sound. Also went for 5yr warranty as purchasing not leasing.
Told the dealer not to clean the car as going straight in for full ceramic coat etc....so of course they disregard my e mail & verbal instructions & have allowed their "Valeter" to clean it.....unbelievable.
Sure I'll get over it tomorrow. Hopefully worth the long wait?

Reactions: indyjones

Deleted member 117523

I’ve just been given a build week of 50 with delivery in late Feb/Mar. Anyone else have a similar buildweek or delivery date?

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
I’ve just been given a build week of 50 with delivery in late Feb/Mar. Anyone else have a similar buildweek or delivery date?
I have been given build week 3, looking realistically @ March. When in March I’m not sure as I don’t quite know how long from build to arriving with dealership takes. I bought the rear OEM flag for £20 and hopefully will get wrapped by a local company to match the front. If all goes well I’ll show some pics.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne

Mine had a confirmed build for last week - for delivery to dealer before the end of the year. I haven’t heard any news to suggest this has changed but won’t make much difference I suppose as it’s being kept at the dealer till 1st March for ‘19 registration to coincide with my current lease going back anyway...

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
Cupra ST300, an earlier thread said to check tyre pressures, just checked mine both fronts at 45psi 1 rear 40psi the other 44psi.....
Isn't this the sort of thing that should be checked on the PDI inspection........
anyway adjusted them to 39psi front 35psi rear will see how it drives later.....:coolthumb

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.