MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Feels like I am the only one gone directly through Seat and not a lease company
I went through Seat and it was totally painless until 3 days after I signed for the car and Seat Finance 'deactivated' my contract...and told nobody they'd done it! It's only because I didn't notice any money come from my account in mid-Nov 2018 that I alerted Lookers and VWFS to it. VWFS could do nothing as my reg didn't exist in their system so couldn't help in the slightest. Lookers couldn't do anything as VWFS wouldn't reactivate my account without resigning new paperwork. Lookers couldn't generate new paper work until VWFS unlocked my account...and so the vicious circle started again. Lookers had to get seniors at Seat UK to intervene (which helped) but now VWFS want all their money in one huge lumpsum for 4/5 months plus the initial rental. Do you think I can make anyone see sense with this? Can I f**k. Through no fault of my own or Lookers, VWFS have buggered things royally and can't see that they've done anything wrong...

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
I went through Seat and it was totally painless until 3 days after I signed for the car and Seat Finance 'deactivated' my contract...and told nobody they'd done it! It's only because I didn't notice any money come from my account in mid-Nov 2018 that I alerted Lookers and VWFS to it. VWFS could do nothing as my reg didn't exist in their system so couldn't help in the slightest. Lookers couldn't do anything as VWFS wouldn't reactivate my account without resigning new paperwork. Lookers couldn't generate new paper work until VWFS unlocked my account...and so the vicious circle started again. Lookers had to get seniors at Seat UK to intervene (which helped) but now VWFS want all their money in one huge lumpsum for 4/5 months plus the initial rental. Do you think I can make anyone see sense with this? Can I f**k. Through no fault of my own or Lookers, VWFS have buggered things royally and can't see that they've done anything wrong...

I had a problem with VWFS with my Octavia VRS. I changed bank accounts and gave them the new details and they didn't take the next payment.
I rang them and they apologised and said it would be rectified the following month and I paid by card over the phone. The next month the payment didn't come out again and yet again I called them and they apologised and I paid by card and they assured me it would be sorted the next month.
The following month, I got a text from them a few days before my payment was due to remind me they would be taking the payment from the new account and yet again it didn't come out and I had to call and make a card payment.

It took them 3 months to sort out and if I hadn't been on it I wouldn't of noticed. To top the lot They then put a late payment marker on my credit file - unbelievable.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Just got my letter from seat with my options for my current car, i can pay off £7.7k and looking online the most similar cars are approx £13-14k, seems a tad wide of the mark, might just bung it to WBAC and pocket the difference, even if they low ball me it still makes sense no??

I bunged mine into wbac and they offered £12,800 which is a bit harsh. The going price for a manual 280 with the same mileage/colour is 15k. Luckily I've managed tl find a buyer through friends and I'm getting 14.5k for it which isn't bad. Just going to be carless for a month whilst I wait patiently for my 290 to be delivered

Only reason I'm leasing is I can get a brand new car for the same price over 2 years that I lost in the year I've owned a 2 year old cupra. If however I have a bad experience with any of it I've decided I'm giving up with nice cars and getting a clapped up van lol

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
A nice discount on the total you owe them shouldn't be out of the question since they made the mistake.
Just got my letter from seat with my options for my current car, i can pay off £7.7k and looking online the most similar cars are approx £13-14k, seems a tad wide of the mark, might just bung it to WBAC and pocket the difference, even if they low ball me it still makes sense no??
Try putting its details into the Arnold Clark website I sold last car to them they offer better money and don't go looking for faults to drop the money as long as you've been honest on the quote. https://www.arnoldclark.com/sell

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
order / delivery update - my car was due to dealers on the 4th however I've just had an update email from Nationwide to say it's now due estimated due on the 15th.

Maybe the boat got lost for a week or two!

Reactions: beddin90

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
order / delivery update - my car was due to dealers on the 4th however I've just had an update email from Nationwide to say it's now due estimated due on the 15th.

Maybe the boat got lost for a week or two!
Could there have been delays because of the searches for Emiliano Sala? The boats must go quite close to that area.

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
A nice discount on the total you owe them shouldn't be out of the question since they made the mistake.

Try putting its details into the Arnold Clark website I sold last car to them they offer better money and don't go looking for faults to drop the money as long as you've been honest on the quote. https://www.arnoldclark.com/sell

Had a quick butchers on arnold clark, no real details and it comes up at £11.2, doubt anyone could complain on condition, its nigh on as new both inside and out, its my mileage that counts against it being just over 60k for a 15 plate. il have to do some investigating over the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Copra68

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I bunged mine into wbac and they offered £12,800 which is a bit harsh. The going price for a manual 280 with the same mileage/colour is 15k. Luckily I've managed to find a buyer through friends and I'm getting 14.5k for it which isn't bad.
£15k would be a 17% mark-up on £12.8k, which isn't unreasonable given their costs (see discussion here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-st-second-hand-prices.449274/ ). I'm not a fan by any stretch of the imagination but their advertising is quite clear that you'll always get more selling privately. Glad you managed to get a good deal though.

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Been advised that shipping of Leon Cupra’s have been delayed. My delivery date of 25/02/2019 has been pushed to 11/03/2019...anyone else had the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had email today from Gateway2lease saying my expected date for arrival at dealership is still 25th hope that won’t change like yours.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I had a problem with VWFS with my Octavia VRS. I changed bank accounts and gave them the new details and they didn't take the next payment.
I rang them and they apologised and said it would be rectified the following month and I paid by card over the phone. The next month the payment didn't come out again and yet again I called them and they apologised and I paid by card and they assured me it would be sorted the next month.
The following month, I got a text from them a few days before my payment was due to remind me they would be taking the payment from the new account and yet again it didn't come out and I had to call and make a card payment.

It took them 3 months to sort out and if I hadn't been on it I wouldn't of noticed. To top the lot They then put a late payment marker on my credit file - unbelievable.
I hope you contacted them to correct your credit file?

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
So after over a year since ordering my car has arrived at the dealers! Body kit going on the end of the week and it will then sit there until the 1st :footysup:
Going to have a look tomorrow and check everything is there. All I can tell from the photo is colour, and that it has the Pano roof and winter kit...

Attachments

• IMG-20190212-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190212-WA0002.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 121

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Not liking the sound of everyone's order being pushed back. Got an update today saying still on for 20/03 but it's not in stone yet!

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
So after over a year since ordering my car has arrived at the dealers! Body kit going on the end of the week and it will then sit there until the 1st :footysup:
Going to have a look tomorrow and check everything is there. All I can tell from the photo is colour, and that it has the Pano roof and winter kit...
The bronze works well with the Nevada White!

Reactions: indyjones

ColsEars

Feb 11, 2019
England
Go through 'Hot Deals UK' https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/se...26179pm-no-fee-680674-leasing-options-3138711

As you went through there (that waives the £199 processing fee)

The deal profile should still be valid,

SEAT LEON HATCHBACK 2.0 TSI 290 Cupra [EZ] 5dr DSG

• 3 x 23 payment profile
  • 10,000 miles per annum
  • £785.37 upfront payment/deposit
  • 23 monthly payments of £261.79
  • No admin fee
  • Total cost of lease = £6806.74 or £283.61 net per month
or The Seat Leon 2.0 TSI 290 Cupra Lux [EZ] 5dr DSG only £271.79 a month (£10 more than above)
  • 3 x 23 payment profile
  • 10,000 miles per annum
  • £815.37 upfront payment/deposit
  • 23 monthly payments of £271.79
  • No admin fee
  • Total cost of lease = £7066.54 or £294.44 net per month
Just to let you guys know this deal is still valid. Put through my application yesterday, just waiting for confirmation now before the formal order goes in.

Opted for the Lux as is seemed stupid not to for the £260 for over a grands worth of Options... Plus I was saving the £200 admin fee!

Just need to decide if I go for the Mystery Blue or Magnetic Grey

Last edited:

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018

Wot what a wait! worth it though saw a white one this weekend looks fully pimp!

Reactions: indyjones

Deleted member 117523

Feels like I am the only one gone directly through Seat and not a lease company
I've ordered directly from Seat, I used JCT600 Bradford. Mine was due to arrive at the dealership mid Feb and then delivery on 1st March but the dealer doesn't have a date any more!