Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Who's ordered a Cupra

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Jsc, Mar 20, 2014.

?

What Leon Cupra version have you ordered?

1. Leon SC Cupra 265 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

0.5%
  2. Leon SC Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

7.0%
  3. Leon SC Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

9.7%
  4. Leon 5dr Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

22.2%
  5. Leon 5dr Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

28.7%
  6. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

5.7%
  7. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

8.8%
  8. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto 4DRIVE

14.2%
  9. Leon Cupra R 310 Manual

1.0%
  10. Leon Cupra R 300 DSG

2.3%
  1. sumogtr

sumogtr Full Member

I forgot to add, that the issue of the split seat trim was also not discussed or mentioned in the Condition Report - wonder if VWFS have told BCA to ignore this as its obviously a manufacturer issue?

First impressions - better throttle response, much improved traction when accelerating (as would be expected), faster to national speed limits (but would expect 2wd to be catching me after), heated seats are crap compared to my old car (perhaps because of leather?), headlights appear to be improved, very linear acceleration as if the lag has been mapped out, the auto-handbrake is inconsistent and requires driver intervention to activate at times and Start-stop hasnt reared its ugly head yet.

Anyone help with my nav version query? the SD card has the following reference: 6PO.919.866.AF?

RZ46 likes this.
  2. Rob5113

Rob5113 Member

After ordering on 25th October '18, my 5 door Cupra 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey is due to be delivered a week today ! I could have had it 2 weeks ago but resisted the urge so that there was no overlap and additional insurance with my existing car.

One question for anyone who has taken delivery recently.......any sign of a Winter Pack or Heated Seats on the non Lux version ? My initial order stated that the vehicle would have the Winter Pack as a standard option but I understand that it then became an optional extra around the time that I placed the order so I'm unsure either way ? I won't hold my breath but am secretly hoping that mine has crept through with the Winter Pack as promised ?

3. Laurbach

Laurbach Member

Sounds like a fun hobby As our "pro gongoozler" do you know how long the trip is from Barcelona to Grimsby?

4. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

Winter Pack was only available on a Lux. Unfortunately SEAT messed up with details put out so you won’t be getting it. Other 290 owners can confirm this (I have a 300).

5. bgb

bgb Senior Member

Haha, I think instead of Pro Gongoozler its more a case of pro-procrastinating :smoke:

The below is roughly what i have gone off for times, taking one port away from the other gives you an idea.

Attached Files:

Laurbach likes this.
  6. Copra68

Copra68 Full Member

You won't have the winter pack I'm afraid. Lux only.

7. Oozy132

Oozy132 New Member

Evening all,

This is my first post but I have been following this thread for a while now.
    Just placed my order today for a Cupra 290 non Lux in Magnetic Grey! Extremely excited for the car but unfortunately have to wait until June to pick up due to current car commitments.

It has already been built and is apparently making its way over shortly but I have hopped on it now as many dealers/brokers are worrying about the issue of impending Brexit at the end of the month and price increases. Will be posting pictures when she arrives!

Weatherdog, Mac Ali and K12 like this.
  8. Rustyb

Rustyb Full Member

Got my delivery date today: 27th March - only two more weeks to go.

K12, Neil Francis and bgb like this.
  9. madhubbs

madhubbs Full Member

You will love it colour combo really works well

Attached Files:

Mac Ali, Oozy132 and Laurbach like this.
  10. madhubbs

madhubbs Full Member

Hi all, had the car a week now and love it but one thing that is shocking on hard acceleration the wheel hop. Has anyone else noticed this, I have had some quick cars as I track day but felt nothing like this. Any easy fixes would be great as I can’t see how this is good for the car.

11. Copra68

Copra68 Full Member

You just have to learn to accelerate with what it can handle. If you just slam your accelerator down it's gonna hop and spin up. Forget flooring it when it's damp/wet.

12. RZ46

RZ46 Full Member

Hi, I’ve had mine for a week now and have the same wheel hop. Almost like something is going to break. I’d also be greatfull if anyone has any tips. Only happens with traction off & in sport.

13. madhubbs

madhubbs Full Member

Glad it’s not just me surprising this has not been mentioned before as it’s not a great feeling. Never know it that bad in any front wheel drive car I’ve had and had a few with high power.

RZ46 likes this.
  14. madhubbs

madhubbs Full Member

Must be a fix of some kind as something is clearly flexing causing this issue.

15. Copra68

Copra68 Full Member

It's mentioned quite a lot in different threads. It's a lot of power going through the front wheels. To much to be heavy footed in damp/wet conditions, you'll get used to using its capabilites without wheel hop.

madhubbs likes this.
  16. JPR

JPR Full Member

There is a cheap mod you can do to eliminate the wheel hop, I’ll be doing it when mine arrives in April probably.

It’s an engine mount, plenty threads discussing it on here

RZ46 and madhubbs like this.
  17. madhubbs

madhubbs Full Member

Thanks for the reply do you have a link please

18. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

Engine mount insert (or full mount) and change tyres to PS4S will help reduce wheel hop.

Engine mounts from Powerflex, 034 Motorsport etc.

RZ46 and madhubbs like this.
  19. Rob5113

Rob5113 Member

I thought as much, that’s a shame as I’ve grown to love the Winter Pack in my existing vehicle and my cheeks have got used to being toasty on these cold mornings ! I confirmed with the lease company before I placed the order that it would have the Winter Pack and they sent me a copy of what was supposed to be the most up to date brochure provided by the Seat dealer confirming that it came as a standard option. It’s a bit late to cancel the car now so I’ve e-mailed the agent to see who will admit to being at fault and what compensation / freebies they’ll cough up for the inconvenience.......watch this space !

Copra68 likes this.
  20. Bartek4

Bartek4 New Member

Hi. Im new here. Just picked my new cupra today. There are few thing that I like and few which unfortunately are worst than my previous car ( 2017 golf r 7.5 )

Good things bigger alloys, dcc as standard, great seats they look much better than golf ones, no adoptive cruise control in ez version , better position of mode button.
    Bad things touch screen is not as good, back of the car with that black plastic around reg loooks crap, worst quality plastics inside, stereo not loud enough

Overall Im happy