MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
With the Copra's they removed the flags from the back, steering wheel and door sills.

Ah ok. That's fine then. Thanks:)

Anyone had any problems with condensation in the front light? I've just noticed loads in both, which is rubbish for a brand new car with 200 miles on!

I'll upload a pic later

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Ah ok. That's fine then. Thanks:)

Anyone had any problems with condensation in the front light? I've just noticed loads in both, which is rubbish for a brand new car with 200 miles on!

I'll upload a pic later
Apparently a common problem, mine suffers from it a little bit. Hairline fractures in the glass.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Is there an access panel on the LED headlights? If so Id be tempted to try putting a silica gel pack in each to see if that helps at all. Some of the stuff we use at work has quite large ones in the packaging.

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone know if my dealership is in Bradford. My car would come in from Tyne or sheerness. Cant get **** out of the dealership my sales man is off just cant tell me if car is in UK yet. Date to dealer is still 21st so must be in UK now eh.

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Pic of condensation of drivers side light, passenger side was about 50% less, so not as bad. Seems excessive to be normal and a bit of a bad design flaw if Seat are saying this is normal!
3.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Compared to some ive seen on here its minor. Some have lights where its large droplets covering the entire inner surface that run in rivers if tapped.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Pic of condensation of drivers side light, passenger side was about 50% less, so not as bad. Seems excessive to be normal and a bit of a bad design flaw if Seat are saying this is normal! View attachment 7643

Have you jet washed or had it washed? I think they have small air holes like MK7 golfs which allow heat build up to escape. So small condensation should disappear with use or day light temps warming them up?

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Have you jet washed or had it washed? I think they have small air holes like MK7 golfs which allow heat build up to escape. So small condensation should disappear with use or day light temps warming them up?

No not had it washed, it will be due to the awful weather weve had.

It was delivered Friday afternoon and it didnt stop raining until last night. Literally non stop constant rain, and periods of bouncing off the floor rain.

Its lovely and sunny now so gonna wash it as its filthy!

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Compared to some ive seen on here its minor. Some have lights where its large droplets covering the entire inner surface that run in rivers if tapped.

If its standard to expect this then I'm not gonna worry about it. Just find it strange!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
If its standard to expect this then I'm not gonna worry about it. Just find it strange!
Its not that unusual, my Astra does it as well, but being halogen it burns off quickly. If there were rivers of it or pooling water at the bottom I would worry.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Yes headlight issue is common. The heat off your lights clears it. Part of the design of them. They all do it.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Small progress update I now know the reg! wooo. YJ. Am I right in thinking that's Leeds? hell of a drive to Scotland
Yeah Leeds, same as mine and its coming to Devon in my case. Think of it this way, its less miles you have to do before it finds its voice and it pops and bangs.

Reactions: FINCH

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
The roller-coaster that is ordering a Cupra ST has taken another twist this morning.

Just when it looked like I was going to have to cancel my 2nd order due to lengthy delays I received an email this morning to tell me that my Cupra R ST has landed in the UK !!!

It arrived in Port of Tyne on the 6th, was offloaded on the 7th and is now sat awaiting allocation to a transporter !!
Seat CS reckon it takes on average 7-10days from this point to arrive at the dealer.

This is all after last Thursday I was told all the first batch of Cupra R ST’s had already been allocated, I’d missed out, and I’d have to wait ‘weeks-months’ for another batch to arrive !!

Suddenly it’s here in the Country :)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Ordered mine today on a 2 year lease deal, 6+23 @ £231 per month, seemed reasonable, its a non-lux but lack of Kessy could be a good thing and I don't need active cruise, may miss the heated seats from my current Leon but not too much. Hope to have by end of the month.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.