MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

y2cwr2005

May 5, 2019
am I getting the run-around from Nationwide Vehicle contracts ??
I spoke to the sales team on 22nd May and was advised that they only had 1 car left in Desire Red that had just been sold. But they had managed to find another "location" to source it from. The anticipated date to the dealer was 10th June. Didn't get any updates that week so phoned up on 14th June and was advised that the car arrived at port on 5th June, and would then be expected to be at the dealership on 17th June, but certainly arrive before 21st June. Now had an update email stating it will be arrive on 24th June.

Asking them to confirm why it keeps moving back a week, waiting for them to reply. But as i heard it arrived at port on 5th June, it sounds like a factory order rather than a dealer relocate, but I thought factor orders typically take 3+ months so I'm confused about where the car is coming from and when it is going to arrive. Agree with other posters about the wait time, and ran out of you tube videos to watch, not seen any recent ones :(

Update* seems it has been stuck at port since 5th June, the delay is all down to the port, they have thousands of cars and it is a logistical nightmare getting them shipped out :( will get another update next week

Seems like they might be pushing you into July, theirs quite a few arriving to supplier on 07/07, including mine that was originally meant to arrive at the start of June.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
67E788A5-657A-4D20-B5C9-24F87FA43208.jpeg
It’s here.... what a beast....

It is missing ACC and Driver assists and Beats Audio that the EU version gets, but after driving it who cares ;)

TheMarkOfTel

May 7, 2019
Seems like they might be pushing you into July, theirs quite a few arriving to supplier on 07/07, including mine that was originally meant to arrive at the start of June.
I'm in this same scenario when I ordered it said June delivery and I've been told it's arriving at the dealer on 07/07..

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Nice one. Did you go for the ABT upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Slickric21....very good looking car worth the wait hey..... now as I’ve said before in a previous post,the colour in that picture looks very close to a Audi Nardo gray then you’ll take a picture from a different angle and it will look lighter or darker. As I said very nice car enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slickric21

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone know much about turning the slip diff up to strong with obd eleven. Thinking of buying one sounds cool just that option alone.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Does anyone know much about turning the slip diff up to strong with obd eleven. Thinking of buying one sounds cool just that option alone.
There is the option I was going to fiddle but then I remembered how strong it felt as standard the other day. I was flooring it in 3rd on a dual carriage round quite a bend and I could literally feel it “pulling” the car round the bend... so I think strong would be way too strong?!

Deleted member 103408

Yes its simple coding but i seem to recall on the newer models it was now included in the car settings (may be wrong)

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
There is the option I was going to fiddle but then I remembered how strong it felt as standard the other day. I was flooring it in 3rd on a dual carriage round quite a bend and I could literally feel it “pulling” the car round the bend... so I think strong would be way too strong?!
Thanks. Think I'll buy the machine anyway some good stuff you can do and I'm sure you can change the option back.

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
Yes its simple coding but i seem to recall on the newer models it was now included in the car settings (may be wrong)
I'm not massively up to speed on all car tech to be honest. But I'm guessing this would reduce wheel spin on general and could help in off the line speed.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks. Think I'll buy the machine anyway some good stuff you can do and I'm sure you can change the option back.

Yes you can change these options on and off

I'm not massively up to speed on all car tech to be honest. But I'm guessing this would reduce wheel spin on general and could help in off the line speed.

It may help a little but my understanding in simple terms the change is about how the diff distributes the power to the front wheels, my personal experience was that after the change car was much more exciting to drive around the twisty roads where I live. However others say no difference because they live in an area without lots of tight bends.

Wheel spin / hop in general is best sorted with decent rubber and a dog bone mount (lots of threads on here about them)

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
Has anyone had ceramic coating done who could post some pictures pls or anyone had any bad experiences or got any views on it. I'm booked in to have stage 1 polish and 2 coats wheels and interior done. Worth doing or not.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Has anyone had ceramic coating done who could post some pictures pls or anyone had any bad experiences or got any views on it. I'm booked in to have stage 1 polish and 2 coats wheels and interior done. Worth doing or not.
For me no its not worth it. Ceramics have their advantages, mainly durability and hardness, so they resist low level marring more than other products, but there are downsides. First, they are expensive to do properly, requiring full prep first and a day inside to fully cure, which is half of why they look good. Secondly they can suffer from water etching, where water marks are left over time that cant be removed without removing the coating. I also find that while they are extremely hydrophobic they are less oleophobic, so oily road film can stick quite well.

Ultimately they still need occasional top ups with a QD to look their best, which isnt any different to any other product.

Interior ceramic coatings are good, but very much not permanent. Leather and plastic coatings will wear out in months, but they are fine if you reapply regularly. I will be doing the Alcantara next week.

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
For me no its not worth it. Ceramics have their advantages, mainly durability and hardness, so they resist low level marring more than other products, but there are downsides. First, they are expensive to do properly, requiring full prep first and a day inside to fully cure, which is half of why they look good. Secondly they can suffer from water etching, where water marks are left over time that cant be removed without removing the coating. I also find that while they are extremely hydrophobic they are less oleophobic, so oily road film can stick quite well.

Ultimately they still need occasional top ups with a QD to look their best, which isnt any different to any other product.

Interior ceramic coatings are good, but very much not permanent. Leather and plastic coatings will wear out in months, but they are fine if you reapply regularly. I will be doing the Alcantara next week.
I'm booked in for 3 days work. Full prep and polish and a 2 coat SIRamik system. I like to have a clean a car as possible so will be paying a lot of attention to maintenance and was planning on yearly tops. The cost isn't a big deal. I'm far from loaded but would be worth it to look mint condition most of the time. Think I'm committed now I've paid a deposit but thanks for your reply I suppose everything comes with a downside. Thanks

Reactions: Slickric21

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I'm booked in for 3 days work. Full prep and polish and a 2 coat SIRamik system. I like to have a clean a car as possible so will be paying a lot of attention to maintenance and was planning on yearly tops. The cost isn't a big deal. I'm far from loaded but would be worth it to look mint condition most of the time. Think I'm committed now I've paid a deposit but thanks for your reply I suppose everything comes with a downside. Thanks
I mean they are fine, but they arent a fit and forget thing, they will need maintenance like any other top coat be it a wax or sealant or ceramic. A QD after washing will maintain them.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Ceramic coating worth it If it lasts 3 years+. 1 year not worth it. A good safe proper wash each week and a wax every few months is also sufficient.

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
I mean they are fine, but they arent a fit and forget thing, they will need maintenance like any other top coat be it a wax or sealant or ceramic. A QD after washing will maintain them.
Oh ok well good news. Yes I'll maintain and look after it. I do like cleaning the car as sad as It may sound and they look something else with that coating on. I'll post some pics when it's done see how it looks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.