MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

venomizer

Apr 3, 2019
I was really surprised after what I had been reading sounds nice. Cant wait to hear it in a few months if its supposed to get better.
Same, I was under the impression it would basically be silent at first but have had plenty of pops and crackles and DSG farts in the first 500 miles.

Reactions: JSM Cupra

JSM Cupra

Mar 26, 2019
Great to hear people loving their new cars. Can't beat it. Mine was built first week of July and is being shipped so I'm anticipating mid-August from dealer from posts on here - Mystery blue ST300.

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Just about have confirmed my order with the dealer, expecting it to get end of November earliest. Magnetic Grey with pretty much all optionals except bucket seats cause im 6ft6 and I would die in them probably. Sooooo hyped!!

Reactions: Zer0

jez3062

Feb 3, 2015
Little confused.......

Was told that I wont get a reg assigned to my car until it had arrived in a uk port.

Received my reg yesterday but was told the day before that it was still on the way to the EU port? Is it actually likely that my car is in the UK?

Terryvanden

Jun 6, 2019
Little confused.......

Was told that I wont get a reg assigned to my car until it had arrived in a uk port.

Received my reg yesterday but was told the day before that it was still on the way to the EU port? Is it actually likely that my car is in the UK?
Best people for accurate info are SEAT customer services mate. I got given the run around big time off the dealer. SEAT were great to be honest.

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Got my lease docs to sign yesterday but Seat have just told me the car is at the dealers and has been the last 2 days. So much for sending me the docs a few weeks before the car arrives at the dealer!
Have to wait 2 weeks now.....doh (Leasing Options).
They emailed me on Monday saying it was being transported from the factory to the port!

jez3062

Feb 3, 2015
Duckson - I am in the exact same boat! Car was confirmed built on 3/7/19 and on way to the port from the factory and was still on way as of this Monday. Then yesterday I received finance docs and registration details (leasing options as well). 14 days to wait then before delivery!

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Emailed Leasing Options, they have asked the dealer (York) to give them more time upfront but apparently they have only been sending them the reg etc when the car has arrived at the dealer. Sounds like a dealer issue, ho hum, just have to wait a bit longer (ordered start of April).

jez3062

Feb 3, 2015
Just received this.....

Just to let you know that the vehicle has arrived with the dealership this morning; so has arrived a couple of weeks earlier than anticipated!

As soon as we get the 'authority to deliver' from ALD, we can arrange the delivery of your vehicle.

So on Monday leasing options thought it was on the way to the port in spain.....doesn't sound like the dealer is very good at communicating!

y2cwr2005

May 5, 2019
Just received this.....

Just to let you know that the vehicle has arrived with the dealership this morning; so has arrived a couple of weeks earlier than anticipated!

As soon as we get the 'authority to deliver' from ALD, we can arrange the delivery of your vehicle.

So on Monday leasing options thought it was on the way to the port in spain.....doesn't sound like the dealer is very good at communicating!
Can confirm, their communication is absolutely terrible. They only found out my car was in the country because I hassled Nationwide when the expected date to dealer came and went. They phoned up the dealership whilst I waited on the phone and as if by magic, the car reg and my finance docs appeared the next day.
Their was a mention that things are particularly hectic right now, manufacturers trying to import as much as possible into the UK whilst they know what the hells going on with import taxes etc before brexit.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Hi All,

I have just ordered a midnight black cupra. Very excited and big step up from the 110 ibiza i currently drive.

Leasing through nationwide, apparently expected some point in september, however received an email today saying that they do not even have a build time slot yet.

Very excited is an understatement

Drebin2003

Aug 16, 2016
Thinking of ordering a cupra lux but got to admit that the colour choice is pants and the options for the lux is pants aswell only options you get is sun roof and sign recognition high beam lights thingy for £340 is it worth it what’s happend to the seat sound or beats but you do get bucket seats

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Just about have confirmed my order with the dealer, expecting it to get end of November earliest. Magnetic Grey with pretty much all optionals except bucket seats cause im 6ft6 and I would die in them probably. Sooooo hyped!!
Finally got all documents signed and down-payment for order confirmation done. Took winter tyres + 18" alloys from dealer aswell for convinience purposes. Now need to think of a 3 number + 3 letter plate for it ;)

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
My Leasing Options order back in April for a non-lux Cupra in Mag Grey is due to dealers early Oct apparently.

However had a call and email last week to say that due to production changes I'm getting the upgraded sports seats (presumably the alcantara buckets ?) instead of standard ones for no cost, and asked me to confirm acceptance. Err...yes please..!

I know the lux models are getting these seats instead of full leather now but anybody else been told this that's ordered a standard Cupra..?
Also are the buckets heated as standard ?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
My Leasing Options order back in April for a non-lux Cupra in Mag Grey is due to dealers early Oct apparently.

However had a call and email last week to say that due to production changes I'm getting the upgraded sports seats (presumably the alcantara buckets ?) instead of standard ones for no cost, and asked me to confirm acceptance. Err...yes please..!

I know the lux models are getting these seats instead of full leather now but anybody else been told this that's ordered a standard Cupra..?

Hmm was pretty sure buckets were standard on R only. But if it's true, congrats :)

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019

Bucket seats only standard on the lux models as far as im aware, maybe someone else on here knows otherwise:)

Reactions: seatgraham

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Bucket seats only standard on the Cupra lux models as far as im aware, maybe someone else on here knows otherwise:)
Heated buckets on Cupra lux - black 'microsuede' with grey stitching.
Non-lux cupra have sport seats (standard headrest) and also in black 'microsuede' with grey stitching.

Configurator has pictures of both.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
As the current Leon is a run-out model I wonder if they have a job lot of the bucket upgrades left over if not many went for the option...which is why they're speccing them on the Lux and possibly even the standard Cupra from what we've been told by LO ?

I'll be happy with either the standard headrest seats or the buckets tbh...so I'll see what we get in a few months.

Reactions: Zer0
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.