MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Fingers crossed then. Big journey on October 18th and was hoping to have it by then.

Just standard cupra hatchback in midnight black. Big upgrade from the 110 Ibiza FR I currently have

That will be a big power upgrade!

What date in July did you order and when were you notified of the build week? I ordered a standard Cupra in magnetic grey on the 12th July and still don't have a build week :think:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Just in time for Christmas. It’s a long old lead time isn’t it.
I know tell me about it,I was told delivery early October and I thought that was long.

We have brexit 31st Oct aswell so god knows what that will do !

I was told BW first week of Oct so I thinks it keeps changing.

I will know more in Sept

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Just a little heads up to the folks calling SEAT for status updates: I did the same whilst mine was in transit because of frustration from the dealership, and at point of calling they advised it would be a minimum of 4 weeks before I'd receive the vehicle...yeah I collected it 5 days later...

Whilst I found them to be more friendly than the dealership, they clearly didn't know what the hell was going on. They were talking about bi-weekly checks blah blah. Take everything you hear with a pinch of salt and don't set expectations based on whatever anyone tells you.

Even after I'd got the 4-week news, the salesman at Seat called me and told me collection day would be "a week on Saturday", he called me the next day and said it would be ready "tomorrow".

Reactions: Rowan83

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Ordered my Cupra Lux at weekend and just received my SLI number back :bounce::bounce:

Does that mean SEAT should have it on record now and potentially have a build week?

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Just a little heads up to the folks calling SEAT for status updates: I did the same whilst mine was in transit because of frustration from the dealership, and at point of calling they advised it would be a minimum of 4 weeks before I'd receive the vehicle...yeah I collected it 5 days later...

Whilst I found them to be more friendly than the dealership, they clearly didn't know what the hell was going on. They were talking about bi-weekly checks blah blah. Take everything you hear with a pinch of salt and don't set expectations based on whatever anyone tells you.

Even after I'd got the 4-week news, the salesman at Seat called me and told me collection day would be "a week on Saturday", he called me the next day and said it would be ready "tomorrow".

Very true statement.. it's luck of the draw when ordering a new car.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Ordered my Cupra Lux at weekend and just received my SLI number back :bounce::bounce:

Does that mean SEAT should have it on record now and potentially have a build week?

It’ll be in a queue awaiting order acknowledgement and order planning. It’ll get a provisional build week in a couple of weeks, which they can change to suit production planning.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
No one will be getting a build date at the moment as the factory is on shutdown for August. Just confirmed with SEAT CS.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
No one will be getting a build date at the moment as the factory is on shutdown for August. Just confirmed with SEAT CS.

These Europeans are always on holiday. I work for a Dutch company and they take a month off over summer, and get 55 days holiday a year.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
That will be a big power upgrade!

What date in July did you order and when were you notified of the build week? I ordered a standard Cupra in magnetic grey on the 12th July and still don't have a build week :think:

I ordered mine on the 19th July. It was advertised as September delivery and when speaking to them was told they are due at the dealership at the end of August. Was then told my build week would be sent to me via email, never received an email but checked the portal and it says 16/9/19 for build week. So tbh don’t really no what is going on. Will ring them tomorrow and find out

JamesP1992

Aug 19, 2016
I ordered mine on the 19th July. It was advertised as September delivery and when speaking to them was told they are due at the dealership at the end of August. Was then told my build week would be sent to me via email, never received an email but checked the portal and it says 16/9/19 for build week. So tbh don’t really no what is going on. Will ring them tomorrow and find out

What portal did you check? I thought the only way to check order progress was to call them?

Robinm

Oct 16, 2016
Finally got her, it has continental tyres on it. All the photos bar one are too big to upload

I hope you are enjoying it? I have decided not to wait for the one in magnetic tech grey I have on order as the build date is now October!! Letchworth Seat have 9 of these in stock in blackness grey - some with sunroofs - and I have gone for one of those. Delivery next Thursday. If anyone is looking for one of these then it is definitely worth talking to Craig Herbert the Cupra Master at Letchworth Seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zer0

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I hope you are enjoying it? I have decided not to wait for the one in magnetic tech grey I have on order as the build date is now October!! Letchworth Seat have 9 of these in stock in blackness grey - some with sunroofs - and I have gone for one of those. Delivery next Thursday. If anyone is looking for one of these then it is definitely worth talking to Craig Herbert the Cupra Master at Letchworth Seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah what's not to like. :) Blackness grey looks great too. I thought they only did that colour for the R though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members