MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I’m sick of reading how different the info is.

I have learnt order date does not necessarily matter because the factory has to accept the order and the dealers lie.

I ordered July 10th with motorsource and physically was told I could not order a cupra before that date because it was being updated.So I’m unsure how people were ordering before unless they are due a MY19 which surely now is unlikely.

July 10th was the open for orders date,mine went in and confirmed accepted by factory yet this week I was told factory never actually booked me in till the 24th Aug so either I’m very very unlucky or orders could have been backed up since May which is the earliest I have read on here that someone has ordered and now has an October BW.

That would mean us getting messed around who ordered July onwards should expect these ridiculous 2020 BW to be quite true !! 5 months from May would be October and 5 from July would be Dec/Jan

I really really hope I’m wrong and get it in Nov which is what they say is ‘possible’

All in all still have no clue what’s going on or when

So best I get is to rant on here :)

There was a period late May early June where orders for certain Seats were put on hold. For example the Leon ST Cupra Lux was pulled as I wanted that model but had to go with the Leon ST Cupra. But it took a lot of calls to get all this info as nobody really knew.

We ordered 5th June which is possibly why we’ve now been given a BW of week 41.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I’m sick of reading how different the info is.

I have learnt order date does not necessarily matter because the factory has to accept the order and the dealers lie.

I ordered July 10th with motorsource and physically was told I could not order a cupra before that date because it was being updated.So I’m unsure how people were ordering before unless they are due a MY19 which surely now is unlikely.

July 10th was the open for orders date,mine went in and confirmed accepted by factory yet this week I was told factory never actually booked me in till the 24th Aug so either I’m very very unlucky or orders could have been backed up since May which is the earliest I have read on here that someone has ordered and now has an October BW.

That would mean us getting messed around who ordered July onwards should expect these ridiculous 2020 BW to be quite true !! 5 months from May would be October and 5 from July would be Dec/Jan

I really really hope I’m wrong and get it in Nov which is what they say is ‘possible’

All in all still have no clue what’s going on or when

So best I get is to rant on here :)
I got mine from Forces Cars Direct which is the same group as motorsource. Considering their incredibly cheap prices I found their service to be fantastic, in fact it was the best car purchasing experience I've received from a broker. Dealer ended up being Pulman SEAT in Sunderland who are also great. Can't fault either.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I got mine from Forces Cars Direct which is the same group as motorsource. Considering their incredibly cheap prices I found their service to be fantastic, in fact it was the best car purchasing experience I've received from a broker. Dealer ended up being Pulman SEAT in Sunderland who are also great. Can't fault either.
Yer I have ordered through them and TBF I don’t think it’s their fault I think it’s brexit and Seat causing issues

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Well I pick up my Cupra tomorrow!

It's not my original colour choice but there wasn't much option as it's an 'in stock' car..... after cancelling my lease I needed a car ASAP as I was going insane... The bonus is that it's a lux model with panoramic roof! (leather seats)

Reactions: Kirky

ha2ell

Aug 11, 2019
Well I pick up my Cupra tomorrow!

It's not my original colour choice but there wasn't much option as it's an 'in stock' car..... after cancelling my lease I needed a car ASAP as I was going insane... The bonus is that it's a lux model with panoramic roof! (leather seats)
Enjoy! I have seriously considered cancelling my Leasing Options order, but no dealer can come close with an in stock one sadly

Reactions: Rowan83

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Enjoy! I have seriously considered cancelling my Leasing Options order, but no dealer can come close with an in stock one sadly
Yeah the deal I got isn't as good as my Leasing Options deal but it's not bad for a Lux model with pano roof... I needed a car ASAP and I wanted the Cupra

3 years
£800 initial rental
£310 a month
8k miles per annum

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Wow, Im so glad I ordered my Cupra early. I had to overlap my cars, costing £500 in payments for my old car that I didn't use for 2 months, but i suspect I'd still not have it if I had waited.

Similar situation to you Chris. Glad I got an order in early back in April when the LO deal re-appeared on HotUKDeals.
Our car's going back 5 months early but low monthlies so only £300ish to settle.

I've returned all the signed finance docs and they've been confirmed by the funders ALD so just awaiting a delivery date which should be in next couple of weeks, allowing for the 14 day cooling off.

Previously it all seemed a bit distant but can't wait now the car's 'landed' in the UK and nearly here !

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Just had an email from LO stating they will call me later to discuss my options as mine is looking like March now.

Fuming.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Just had an email from LO stating they will call me later to discuss my options as mine is looking like March now.

Fuming.
That's not good... it's probably why they were so relaxed with me cancelling my order!

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019

Fuming.
That's weird, I ordered a couple of weeks before you I think and I got an email off them the other day saying it should be ready to be delivered to me in the first week of December

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
So just done my weekly call to Seat customer care and they still say no build week but they hope to have the car to the dealer mid november

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
So just done my weekly call to Seat customer care and they still say no build week but they hope to have the car to the dealer mid november
Kind of the same timeline as mine then as I know it takes 2-3 weeks from the car arriving at the dealers for it be delivered to you

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Just placed an order for a Cupra 290 Lux, Magnetic Grey with the Pan Roof.

I've been told I would have the car at the latest March 2020. The same dealership sold one a couple weeks ago that has a build week in January so I am Optimistic.

I guess I can just forget about it. Would be nice if it came on my birthday. :rock:

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I found their offers to be comparable with my local dealership anyway. In-fact my dealer was able to come in lower than motorsource and I-lease despite I-lease claiming 30% discounts on retail.

Thing is, Seat has already offered large discounts on these cars because no one was ordering them.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I found their offers to be comparable with my local dealership anyway. In-fact my dealer was able to come in lower than motorsource and I-lease despite I-lease claiming 30% discounts on retail.

Thing is, Seat has already offered large discounts on these cars because no one was ordering them.

That’s interesting. My local dealer said he couldn’t get anywhere MotorSource prices and he might as well close the dealership.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
That’s interesting. My local dealer said he couldn’t get anywhere MotorSource prices and he might as well close the dealership.

Pure Greed.

I was offered a 290 Lux with 15,000 miles and a pan roof for £320 pcm and deposit of £2k.

Dealer came straight in at £301 pcm and deposit of 2k.

Both over 48 months

I told motorsource and they rang the dealership to check and tried to tell me they had made a mistake.

Today I placed the order with my local dealership.
(the dealer had a car build booked for January but was going to lose it after someone cancelled, they said they would see if they can swap the order with mine as they were the same spec.)

Reactions: MXP2090

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Pure Greed.

I was offered a 290 Lux with 15,000 miles and a pan roof for £320 pcm and deposit of £2k.

Dealer came straight in at £301 pcm and deposit of 2k.

Both over 48 months

I told motorsource and they rang the dealership to check and tried to tell me they had made a mistake.

Today I placed the order with my local dealership.
(the dealer had a car build booked for January but was going to lose it after someone cancelled, they said they would see if they can swap the order with mine as they were the same spec.)

Could be because I’m doing deposit and finance rather than lease

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members