MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Yeah,

I figured after 4 years I might not want the car anymore. Only took me 2 years with my current 1.8 TSI FR to start thinking about an upgrade.

Plan is to keep the Cupra for as long as possible. Most we’ve spent on a car!!! Normally keep for 6 years alternating between mine and the wife’s car every 3 years so we only have one on finance at a time

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Pure Greed.

I was offered a 290 Lux with 15,000 miles and a pan roof for £320 pcm and deposit of £2k.

Dealer came straight in at £301 pcm and deposit of 2k.

Both over 48 months

I told motorsource and they rang the dealership to check and tried to tell me they had made a mistake.

Today I placed the order with my local dealership.
(the dealer had a car build booked for January but was going to lose it after someone cancelled, they said they would see if they can swap the order with mine as they were the same spec.)

I bought outright. Got the Lux with 5 year extended warranty and side skirts for £22k OTR. Couldn't find anyone close to that price to buy cash without taking a PCP deal for an added discount (False economy due to the high interest rates). Have you seen a Cupra Lux cheaper?
You are paying £16k to use it for 4 years . At 4 years my car would have to be worth just £6k for the lease to be worthwhile. Cheapest 4 year old Cupra with 60,000 miles or less is £12k on auto trader.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
That is a good price. Who did you go through for that price?
Forces Cars Direct which is Motorsource. I purchased in March and couldn't find anywhere cheaper. I think @Betts-4 has paid just £21k for their Lux also from Motorsource.

Like you I plan on owning the car long term and also is the most I've ever paid for a single car. But the option to sell it is there if needed, no strings attached.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Forces Cars Direct which is Motorsource. I purchased in March and couldn't find anywhere cheaper. I think @Betts-4 has paid just £21k for their Lux also from Motorsource.

Like you I plan on owning the car long term and also is the most I've ever paid for a single car. But the option to sell it is there if needed, no strings attached.

Yeh we went through MotorSource but the Lux model had been removed from the order list, even though it’s still on the website!!

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
If I've got to wait that long I'm cancelling.

Sorry if you've been asked already, what model/colour and when did you order?

Edit: looked back

I wasn't far in front of you, days or weeks maybe and LO haven't given me a provisional build date but via the dealer stated, "Probably end of November."

I think that's pretty conclusive proof that were being fed BS all round.
That’s what they said to me inyly
Just had an email from LO stating they will call me later to discuss my options as mine is looking like March now.

Fuming.
did you get any more advice from them about it? Not really sure what they can say apart from suck it up and wait or cancel your order! I am optimistic the builds will come forward but I still wouldn’t expect it before Jan 2020

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
That’s what they said to me inyly

did you get any more advice from them about it? Not really sure what they can say apart from suck it up and wait or cancel your order! I am optimistic the builds will come forward but I still wouldn’t expect it before Jan 2020
Missed their call as on the phone to Seat. Seat said ring back next month, still based on lead times should be November delivery.

Email from LO landed shortly after.

c156fd83db938c22da4fbf5fc812f127.jpg

Not sure what to think.

We've agreed on waiting a month until Seat can't or do in fact confirm a build/delivery date.

I'm currently borrowing my sister's Kia Picanto as a short term measure as I sold my last car when I got a good offer on it. So aside from driving around in a 68bhp tiny car, I can't expect to borrow it until next year. It just wouldn't be fair to ask.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yeh it’s the ST Lux we wanted. So went for the ST with the sunroof option. Wanted the winter pack also but that option isn’t available on the ST Cupra model!! They obviously didn’t want more of my money!!!
It's strangely not available on any Cupra model now. No idea why they chose to do this but you still get the heated seats with the Lux which is what most want the winter pack for. Not sure the headlight washers and heated nozzles are much use anyway. I missed out on the traffic recognition and lane assist because I thought it was included. When I found it wasn't included, SEAT wouldn't let me add it even though it was only a couple of weeks after ordering. Not the end of the world but will haunt me for the duration of the ownership haha.

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Missed their call as on the phone to Seat. Seat said ring back next month, still based on lead times should be November delivery.

Not sure what to think.

We've agreed on waiting a month until Seat can't or do in fact confirm a build/delivery date.

I'm currently borrowing my sister's Kia Picanto as a short term measure as I sold my last car when I got a good offer on it. So aside from driving around in a 68bhp tiny car, I can't expect to borrow it until next year. It just wouldn't be fair to ask.
Could you not source a dealer with stock and take a 69 plate MY19?

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Could you not source a dealer with stock and take a 69 plate MY19?
I'm going to make some calls but I very much doubt it would be £300 pcm including servicing with £900 up front.

Anyone want to buy the copper EZCarModz Cupra vinyl? :(

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’m still in the belief they won’t make someone wait 6 months for a new car

Mine is Cupra lux hatch not the ST

I’m going to call Thursday if I have not heard this week,I feel better thinking if I keep calling they will get the hint to hurry up lol

I will be waiting but I’ll be so annoyed as I have a long trip planned in Dec and was hoping would be her first trip out :(

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019

Yep

BS1

Sep 1, 2019

Not sure what to think.

So they are saying November delivery but LO saying March? I’m hopeful we’ll get them around delivered around January but who knows. Either way I wouldn’t be happy if it did come early and got it in feb so after a month it would be on an old plate! If I found another deal for something similar around the same sort of money I’d take it but unfortunately nothing out there like it so just have to wait and see.. I hope they’re worth the wait

Reactions: Loxy
Sep 18, 2019
3 April I ordered Leon Cupra 290 2 year lease with LO and received email yesterday confirming it's built, en route to EU port ready to be shipped and "anticipated" will be at dealer 7 Oct. Anyone had similar which turns out to be lies...? I've not even signed finance paperwork as they need a reg number...? I was told it would be delivered to me about a week after arrival at dealer but that's maybe not correct...? Initially I had said I wanted car beginning of this month.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
3 April I ordered Leon Cupra 290 2 year lease with LO and received email yesterday confirming it's built, en route to EU port ready to be shipped and "anticipated" will be at dealer 7 Oct. Anyone had similar which turns out to be lies...? I've not even signed finance paperwork as they need a reg number...? I was told it would be delivered to me about a week after arrival at dealer but that's maybe not correct...? Initially I had said I wanted car beginning of this month.
Wow 3rd of April this makes it very clear 6 months seems to be the magic number

That’s just a ridiculous time to wait for a car

I wish I had known,may have changed my mind

I’m committed into it now by like 3 months so not much point cancelling and just remain in hope it does not take that much time.

So is yours a MY19 or MY20- if it’s a MY19 it’s even worse because clearly they have not even finished clearing those builds and probably not even started the MY20 builds ffs

Sep 18, 2019
Wow 3rd of April this makes it very clear 6 months seems to be the magic number

That’s just a ridiculous time to wait for a car

I wish I had known,may have changed my mind

I’m committed into it now by like 3 months so not much point cancelling and just remain in hope it does not take that much time.

So is yours a MY19 or MY20- if it’s a MY19 it’s even worse because clearly they have not even finished clearing those builds and probably not even started the MY20 builds ffs

I'll be honest I don't have a clue re. 19 or 20 :think:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Can someone tell me the difference between my19 and my20?
I think I posted in here a few pages back

It was subtle things like safety pack included bucket seats in alacantra over leather for lux

Nothing major

I just called and still no BW

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members