MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
That could be unenforceable should lead time’s and or price increases be excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steedy27

Oct 30, 2017
PCH from Leasing Options.

Have you asked LO?, I asked them what happened in event that the cost went up because of Brexit, they said they will allow customers to walk away and they will return the admin fee. I'm looking at the Cupra deal they have.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
I cancelled a PCH last year from a well known leasing company for my original Cupra as the supply date got missed - I told them that as a result I expected a written confirmation that my deposit would be returned and I had no liability to them or the supplying dealer which they provided by return and my money was returned within a week.
If you haven't yet signed your final finance documents, you CAN walk away - in theory the broker could try and keep the booking fee but to maintain goodwill I wouldn't expect them to do so.

Reactions: andrew.scopes

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
Ah that would be why then,
With a PCP you can just walk away. But.. 3% is not bad i guess, some leasing options might have asked you to pay up to 50% of the finance before you could cancel it.

Check the wording of your contract - if they vary the terms of the contract (I.e. price increase) then you have the argument that you did not accept them as such and can potentially rescind

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
Have you asked LO?, I asked them what happened in event that the cost went up because of Brexit, they said they will allow customers to walk away and they will return the admin fee. I'm looking at the Cupra deal they have.
That’s good to know! I’ll definitely try to cancel if there is a big price increase due to Brexit and look for a stock vehicle instead. If the 10% import tariff applies, do you think it’s likely that it will have to be paid during the 2 year contract or will the GFV change at all?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
That is crazy I ordered monday and got a delivery date of 6th of Jan

That’s either unconfirmed, a total guess, or a stock vehicle from a leasing company who have ordered several. I wouldn’t take their word for it.

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
I’ve got a confirmed build week 44 (week commencing 28 October), and I’m being advised date to dealer is late Nov/Early December.

Another extension to brexit anyone?

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
That is crazy I ordered monday and got a delivery date of 6th of Jan
Did you speak directly to Seat or is that what LO have told you?

When I ordered they said Dec/Jan delivery and that Seat have pushed all unconfirmed build dates months away as a new way of reporting. They said it’s likely that unconfirmed build dates will move forward. Who knows.

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Did you speak directly to Seat or is that what LO have told you?

When I ordered they said Dec/Jan delivery and that Seat have pushed all unconfirmed build dates months away as a new way of reporting. They said it’s likely that unconfirmed build dates will move forward. Who knows.
They said they have spoken to Seat and they believe it is the 6th of Jan delivery data, who is best to ring at seat to find out?

ha2ell

Aug 11, 2019
From what I understand the tariff will be paid by the car owner (finance company) and then they will calculate a new RV and then adjust the monthly payments. I don't think it's going to be a straight 10% onto the lease costs.

Also if you want to cancel before you've even got a build date there's no way they can enforce 3% of P11d value (c£900) as they've incurred little expense to match that. I think it's if you cancel later on...

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Currently sat watching the Pegasus (edit comet) ace circle around Gibraltar having its port calling pushed further and further back. Ordering this cupra has just been delay after delay. Not good when my current lease car goes back next week.

Last edited:

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Currently sat watching the Pegasus ace circle around Gibraltar having its port calling pushed further and further back. Ordering this cupra has just been delay after delay. Not good when my current lease car goes back next week.

What website are you monitoring the ship from?