MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Looks like mine is on the Pegasus Ace arriving in UK on 22nd. Chassis number confirmed. Be a while before I gt my grubby mitts on it tho'.
Starting to get excited....!

What BW did you have. Mine was meant to be BW 41 but no idea if it actually made it onto the Pegasus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
August the 1st I ordered a lux... confirmed aug 25th, due for delivery this month...

but no now it’s unconfirmed BW 2, they’re literally taking the piss
Welcome to the club don’t expect to have it in 2019 atm.

I ordered July 10th,got told BW 7th October and the Went backwards right up till March 2020 now being told Dec 7th.

nothing confirmed,I now have an open complaint about the customer service and lies I have been told

will see if anything changed today at the end of yet another week

Reactions: LevoForest

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Welcome to the club don’t expect to have it in 2019 atm.

I ordered July 10th,got told BW 7th October and the Went backwards right up till March 2020 now being told Dec 7th.

nothing confirmed,I now have an open complaint about the customer service and lies I have been told

will see if anything changed today at the end of yet another week
Not filling me with confidence this who did you order through

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My car tells me it needs a service in 220 days (May time). Can that be right? I will have only covered about 5k miles.

I contacted the dealership and they responded with the below:

All Seat cars now come with Intelligent Flexible Servicing which means that the on-board computer will work out when the car needs a service.

From my understanding it takes into account things like journey length, driving style ect.
Mine hasn't told me anything. Where did you find this service information on the car? I definitely should have some info if you have.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I ordered mine through Forces Cars. Unconfirmed build week 4. Thats actually a good time for it to come for me. Shame your's is taking so long.
It's not motorsources fault regardless of time taken as SEAT have the order. I had the opposite happen to me. Told 4 to 5 months waiting time but got it in 2. That wasn't their fault and most people would have been delighted to have their car much earlier than expected, just not me being in a different country at the time for another 2 months.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
My car tells me it needs a service in 220 days (May time). Can that be right? I will have only covered about 5k miles.

I contacted the dealership and they responded with the below:

All Seat cars now come with Intelligent Flexible Servicing which means that the on-board computer will work out when the car needs a service.

From my understanding it takes into account things like journey length, driving style ect.
Makes sense, my current car has inspections and service intervals. I could never work out which was which so i just book it in for a service every time. Didn't want to take the risk.

Besides that, if you are ragging your car around, or doing short trips. |You will either be burning your oil, or you will be building up water content in the oil. Neither is good and it will need changing.

Oil oxidation is the biggest cause of corrosion in the engine. The time it takes to oxidise the oil depends on your driving to some extent. The hotter the oil the faster it will oxidise. regualr long journeys will mean the oil will stay at higher temperatures for longer and therefore you are at risk of increased corrosion. For example, someone that does 1000 miles in a 10 day period, doing 100 miles in a single trip a day will oxidise their oil more than someone doing 1000 miles in a 10 day period that is doing 10-20 miles trips.

The oil itself contains bases and other additives designed to reduce corrosion, however, there is very little that prevents oxidation. The additives actually try to prevent corrosion as a result of oxidation.

When i was working at lubrizol, I was working on a research project that was looking at ways of reducing corrosion in ICE's. I found that whilst the industry thought that a high base number (amount of alkaline material in the oil) was considered good. The idea being it would guard against an increase in acidity due to oxidation and impurities produced through combustion. However, my counterparts in the chemical synthesis lab were desiging compounds with high base numbers, but the shape of the molecule itself would only allow for the alkaline material on the surface of said molecule to be effective. Meaning you have very large molecules doing very little, despite a high base number.

My research proved that the acidity in used oils, that had been exposed to the same running conditions, was infact increaseing regardless of how much base was added, the only difference being the time it took to reach an exponential increase in acidity.

Because of my research, by the time I left lubrixol they were starting to turn their attention to preventing oxidation, rather than trying to buffer the increase in acidity.

The effects of oxidation can only be slowed by topping up the oil between services. This increases the time it takes for the oil to reach its "failing point" at which time the acidity will begin to increase exponentially and you will start doing damage to your car.

The other issue that causes corrosion in the engine is water content. The products of combustion are water and carbon doixide. Plus anything else that is created as a result of burining the additives in the fuel. The water molecules will dissolve in the oil as it circulates round the engine. Now if your oil temperature is hot enough, this will evaporate over time and your engine will be fine. Thats why its important to make sure your engine gets a decent run every now and then.
If your engine doesnt get a good run to evaporate the water, it will condense on the inside of the engine. Acid is hydrophillic, menaing it likes to be in water rather than the oil. It is safe in the oil as it cant corrode there. However, in the water, the H+ ions dissociate and thats when the damage occurs. The hot spots in the engine are anywhere you would expect a drip of water to form. One of them i found to be on the crank shaft. where the water condeses and drips on to the crank shaft, if the engine is left in storage for two weeks or so, the oil coverage dissipates and there may be areas of metal exposed which allows for corrosion.

If you are not running your engine regularly, the only way to stop a build up of water in the oil is to change it. A telltale sign is cloudy oil that when left to settle will seperate. (this may take some time depending on the disspersant additive in the oil)

Lots of sciencey stuff, feel free to ask questions if you want to know anything specific. I used to work in Blend Testing at Lubrizol. I would test most oil additives that were due to be put in to mass production as well as near enoughe very field trial going on in Europe.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Hello all, just found this forum and enjoying all the useful advice. I ordered my Cupra ST in mid June and it was supposed to be delivered in August, safe to say that came and went but it's supposed to be arriving at the suppliers today. I'm leasing through nationwide and they have told me they don't send out any finance documents till the supplier confirms they have the car, so no idea when I will actually see the car!

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
The dealer has confirmed mine is on Pegasus Ace, I must have the shortest time from order to built to shipped of any of us? (13th Sept Order, BW 41)

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
I can only assume my dealer had an empty build slot as I was told to expect it in December/January

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Yep that’s BW 41. There might be hope mines on the Pegasus also then

So annoyingly mine isn’t on the Pegasus. It’s currently still on the production line awaiting its quality checks. Estimated delivery mid November.

Dominic Murphy

Oct 18, 2019
I've been following this thread also and interested to see when people are getting their orders. I ordered through Leasing Options on sept 24th and been given a delivery date of Dec 17th. Seems way too good to be true considering some of the times other people are waiting on.

Anyone else experienced something similar? I ordered a Leon Lux with no options in Emocion Red btw

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Hello all, just found this forum and enjoying all the useful advice. I ordered my Cupra ST in mid June and it was supposed to be delivered in August, safe to say that came and went but it's supposed to be arriving at the suppliers today. I'm leasing through nationwide and they have told me they don't send out any finance documents till the supplier confirms they have the car, so no idea when I will actually see the car!

I’m in exactly the same boat, hatchback arriving at dealers today, no documents, number plate or anything and my current lease vehicle goes back today. Effectively car less and nationwide have point black refused to help me speed it up. Asked for the SLI number when ordered and they refused to give me that for data protection. I asked to speak to the dealership directly to get a number plate organised so that finance documents can be signed, guess what, they can’t give me the dealers details.

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
I've been following this thread also and interested to see when people are getting their orders. I ordered through Leasing Options on sept 24th and been given a delivery date of Dec 17th. Seems way too good to be true considering some of the times other people are waiting on.

Anyone else experienced something similar? I ordered a Leon Lux with no options in Emocion Red btw
I Ordered 8th of october from LO and a Leon Lux no option in mystery blue and was given the data of Jan 6th

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise