MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Just rang nationwide, anyone who has an expected to dealer date between now and 22/11 here's whats happening.

SEAT obviously are just getting all the cars currently at port sent to them willy nilly, therefore nationwide will only update you when your car is actually with the dealer. The dealer doesnt know what car is coming on which day so cant update for a specific registration. She finished by saying "SEAT hope to have the majority of the vehicles with the dealership by the end of this week"

Someone send this HTML to SEAT CS so they can see how p*ssed of they are making customers.
Thanks for the update, I will ring them tomorrow to see if I get the same story as you, why Nationwide can't just mail us all that update I don't know? Starting to realise now why the Seat was cheap.

Reactions: Gilding92

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
The drama continues, called seat CS to see if they could give me anymore information. Was told to get the dealership and then they can track it through.

rang nationwide back who confirmed it was Bradford, and that in fact he hopes my car will be delivered to them either today or tomorrow. He even gave me his full name and told me to ask for him tomorrow afternoon so he can update me again. WTF nationwide. Who knows what’s going on, il probably have a Kia Ceed delivered too me next Wednesday

Reactions: ramsayn

Maurizie

Jul 5, 2018
The drama continues, called seat CS to see if they could give me anymore information. Was told to get the dealership and then they can track it through.

rang nationwide back who confirmed it was Bradford, and that in fact he hopes my car will be delivered to them either today or tomorrow. He even gave me his full name and told me to ask for him tomorrow afternoon so he can update me again. WTF nationwide. Who knows what’s going on, il probably have a Kia Ceed delivered too me next Wednesday
I hope they are pushing them all through this week as mine wasn't due at the dealer until next week! Crossing my fingers for you all that they get their act together in the next couple of days

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
I hope they are pushing them all through this week as mine wasn't due at the dealer until next week! Crossing my fingers for you all that they get their act together in the next couple of days
I reckon you are in with a good chance of early to no delays. The only thing I think may be a problem now is the amount of drivers available to deliver them. They never actually go to a dealership either. Just to a compound and checked there and off they go from there

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So even thought happy I now have a BW I can see once built there seems to be more delays

What times have people seen from build week to actually getting the car.

I really need the car by Xmas day and BW is 25th Nov so they have about 4 weeks or is that going to be some luck

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019

Good work, fingers crossed my one will be in that batch as well then?! #dontbuyaseat

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
So even thought happy I now have a BW I can see once built there seems to be more delays

I really need the car by Xmas day and BW is 25th Nov so they have about 4 weeks or is that going to be some luck

My car was built 7th October and it’s still on port at Barcelona. Seat CS have said 4 to 5 weeks before it arrives in Grimsby. Then ?? Number of weeks to get to the dealership!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019

Mine was build 16th September and I am yet to receive it, but there are obviously major logistic issues at the moment. If all those clear then if everything aligns you might get it.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019

It takes the full week to build so it won’t be ready to be taken to port until Monday 2nd at the earliest, obviously depends on logistics as well, such as transport to port and how full the ships are, ships port calling schedule, how long to transport from port to dealer, PDI check. I think you’ll be looking at beginning of January to be honest.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019

Plus, although it takes a week to build it then has to have the quality checks so if you car is built at the back end of the BW then the checks take place the following week which is what happened to mine. Which then meant it missed the ship leaving that week.

I’m currently looking at an 8 week wait from build which is ridiculous. I’ve tried to log a complaint with Seat CS but all they keep doing is telling me 4 to 5 weeks delivery without answering my questions. Completely useless as a company and I can only hope the car will be better quality than their build process and customer service.

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
Plus, although it takes a week to build it then has to have the quality checks so if you car is built at the back end of the BW then the checks take place the following week which is what happened to mine. Which then meant it missed the ship leaving that week.

I’m currently looking at an 8 week wait from build which is ridiculous. I’ve tried to log a complaint with Seat CS but all they keep doing is telling me 4 to 5 weeks delivery without answering my questions. Completely useless as a company and I can only hope the car will be better quality than their build process and customer service.

Given we're the same build week I cannot believe how long you're having to wait! I wonder if it's as mine seems to be one of the only ones of the current orders in this thread that was going to Sheerness. The attached photo shows how full one of the RORO bays at Port of Tyne is currently! (Our office is opposite the port), so if the other ports are as busy as this I can understand the delays getting the cars out to the dealers.

Attachments

• a7bb15a4-f15e-40f3-90ac-a32ee567bfd8.jpg
    a7bb15a4-f15e-40f3-90ac-a32ee567bfd8.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: The Daily Meme

Brwse

Sep 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Given we're the same build week I cannot believe how long you're having to wait! I wonder if it's as mine seems to be one of the only ones of the current orders in this thread that was going to Sheerness. The attached photo shows how full one of the RORO bays at Port of Tyne is currently! (Our office is opposite the port), so if the other ports are as busy as this I can understand the delays getting the cars out to the dealers.

Jeez.. Is it normally close to being that full?

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
It seems fuller than normal, but I think there's been a mix of SEAT (all manufacturers I imagine) stock piling at UK ports, and people like Nissan trying to get their cars out. Unfortunately I'm not at the office this week to have a look if there's many SEATs in the mix

Maurizie

Jul 5, 2018
Well some potentially good news (haven't rang Nationwide to confirm though). I just got an email saying my dealer now expects to receive the car today! Maybe a load of cars just arrived at the compound :thumbup:

Brwse

Sep 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Well some potentially good news (haven't rang Nationwide to confirm though). I just got an email saying my dealer now expects to receive the car today! Maybe a load of cars just arrived at the compound :thumbup:

I spoke to Nationwide today and was told that 3-4 transporters had arrived to a dealer. Sounds like you could be one of those! I ordered shortly after you so I'm hoping i'm not far off. Then again, I've had the date pushed back so much I don't want any more false hope!

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Excellent news for you, I hope mine is on one of those transporters as well! :clap:

Dominic Murphy

Oct 18, 2019
Well big surprise... Just rang Seat CS who've told me my car has now slipped to build week 7 which is Feb 2020. She said it was unconfirmed and likely to slip even more. She also said that builds were taking between 3-5 weeks to be delivered from the build week.

So that's me out I'm afraid, cancelling today. What a shambles - car was supposed to be delivered Dec 17th!

Ollie

Jul 26, 2019
Which dealer is it? Great news!