MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters
Nov 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a build date of 11.11.19 from LO. I’m told I will have my car by the end of the year...
reading through this forum, I’m guessing I need to take that with a pinch of salt.
When you are calling up SEAT & finding your cars are sat at ports or on a boat... what reference are you using to locate your car?
Thanks in advance

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a build date of 11.11.19 from LO. I’m told I will have my car by the end of the year...
reading through this forum, I’m guessing I need to take that with a pinch of salt.
When you are calling up SEAT & finding your cars are sat at ports or on a boat... what reference are you using to locate your car?
Thanks in advance

You need the 8 digit SLI (Shipper’s Letter of Instruction) which LO or the supplying dealership will give you if you bother to ask for it.

Then, rather than ask LO to update you, call SEAT Customer Services direct.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Has anyone got a link to new cupra exhaust sound with the emissions thingy in or w.e

I heard my mates fiesta ST standard and was blown away

I just wonder if the cupra has at least some sound to it,if not going to be very disappointed that fiesta’s have nicer sound !

does a cupra at least turn heads a little in traffic or accelerating or do I need to add an exhaust to my list if considerations

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: bgb and Gilding92

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
It's definitely not quiet under heavy acceleration. Someone from this group did a review and measured the sound level and it's louder than the MK2 Cupra R stock exhaust. No where near as quiet as people make out. The difference is it's quieter inside the car which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

https://www.seatcupra.net/index.php/2019/09/11/seat-leon-cupra-290-mk3-2019-review/
I did see this but makes me happy,was part of the reason for getting it and not having to really do anything.Exhaust sound is a big thing,I like to be heard but can’t be boy racer

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
The new cupra with GPF filter are quieter. Skip to about 2:10 in this video for how they sound.

If only the ST sounded like that, stock.

Mostly videos of ST 'R' variants or modified exhausts online...anyone with MY20 Cupra ST feel like sharing some clips of their exhaust - drive by, hot and cold start/rev?

...just to tide us folks over that are still waiting on delivery. :fool:

Reactions: Zer0

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

This is exactly how his sounded and is standard

for someone that has owned the MY19 Cupra for a few months now, and 6000 miles, the exhaust is alive and well.

that video of the fiesta is slightly misleading, I say that because you can hear to exhaust valves clinking, begs the question of where they are recording the sound from??? Literally shoved in the exhaust?

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
for someone that has owned the MY19 Cupra for a few months now, and 6000 miles, the exhaust is alive and well.

that video of the fiesta is slightly misleading, I say that because you can hear to exhaust valves clinking, begs the question of where they are recording the sound from??? Literally shoved in the exhaust?
Windows down in a multi/underground carpark and it sounds epic. I found this out by accident after getting my ticket and leaving the window down.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Windows down in a multi/underground carpark and it sounds epic. I found this out by accident after getting my ticket and leaving the window down.

engage launch control without launching and be amazed!

Reactions: Kirky

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I ordered a cupra in september, was told build week 44, tried call seat Oldham where i ordered it from no answer, does anyone on here know when im likely to receive it?
January most probably. Unless your car has been built before December, you probably won’t have it before January. It’s a 3-6 week delivery time from the factory going off peoples experiences even though SEAT are quoting 4 weeks tops.

Nov 10, 2019
January most probably. Unless your car has been built before December, you probably won’t have it before January. It’s a 3-6 week delivery time from the factory going off peoples experiences even though SEAT are quoting 4 weeks tops.
Doesnt it only take a week to build it though? If it was week 44 it should be well built by now?

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Doesnt it only take a week to build it though? If it was week 44 it should be well built by now?

build weeks can run into the following week with checks etc. Then waiting for transport from factory to dock. Waiting for ship allocation (don’t mention that to mildmanneredjon) and so on. Seems delays are everywhere at the minute

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019

I’m currently looking at an 8week delivery from the BW. The BW was 41 but spilled over into BW 42 for the quality checks. Has been in the port compound at Barcelona for 3 weeks now. Didn’t get onto the Comet Ace this week so hoping it’ll be on the Pegasus Ace on 18th Nov but no guarantee. If it does the 26th Nov arrival at Grimsby docks. Then looking like a 2 week delivery to dealership. So if I’m lucky it’s looking like early to mid December handover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 10, 2019
I’m currently looking at an 8week delivery from the BW. The BW was 41 but spilled over into BW 42 for the quality checks. Has been in the port compound at Barcelona for 3 weeks now. Didn’t get onto the Comet Ace this week so hoping it’ll be on the Pegasus Ace on 18th Nov but no guarantee. If it does the 26th Nov arrival at Grimsby docks. Then looking like a 2 week delivery to dealership. So if I’m lucky it’s looking like early to mid December handover.

Ive been getting told ill have mine mid November, hopefully mine will be on the same ship as yours then, absolute joke seat!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.